EDF price increase: 5% + 5% = 10%? Is that so???

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

EDF price increase: 5% + 5% = 10%? Is that so???

by Christophe » 10/07/13, 00:01

Heard tonight3 tonight: 2 increases of 5% = 1 increase of 10% ... !!!! What if we lowered the daily workers' wages by 5% for each bullshit they tell? : Evil:

Good for the substantive discussion: it's not enough yet!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/07/13, 00:58

no, but it's too complicated for him to do 1.05² = 1.1025

and to notice that it exceeds 10% ... boh at the limit, there is not too much harm.

it's especially after it gets tougher ...

1.05 ^ 3 = 1.157

1.05 ^ 4 = 1.215

it is the magic of the exponential ....

Un + 1 = a Un with a> 1

it fires you in the face if n tends towards infinity. The financiers understood it well to invoice interest on the interest on ..., but that is another subject ... it seems that EDF also likes the geometrical suites to calculate its tariffs.

@+
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 10/07/13, 04:22

And the good on the Edf stock market of 9,26% almost from the opening.
It is good to be initiated.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/07/13, 08:42

And yes friends, another great example of media manipulation...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/07/13, 14:56

in the same info, edf is setting up the linky smart meter which allows the customer to save money ????

what can a smart meter be used for as long as the price is stupid?

when will they set up an intelligent rate to be able to automatically switch on the big consumer devices when there is energy in rab on the networks?

when will there be a bidirectional meter to buy the electricity produced by the small solar panels, without going through the gas plants of the large subsidized installations?

also useful for the biomass cogeneration that I am doing!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/07/13, 15:17

chatelot16 wrote:
when will they set up an intelligent rate to be able to automatically switch on the big consumer devices when there is energy in rab on the networks?

HP HC meter ... EJP, Tempo ... Anyway ...

After that, you just have to wire your big consumers behind simple programmers
Available on the econological shop for insiders ... And at a low price made in china at ikéa for the groradins ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 10/07/13, 19:33

And hop, it's off. The media. The government...

[5% then 5% do well 10,25%; rounding off to 10% is not a disaster! "Media manipulation" ??? For me, it is elsewhere - see below second series of a, b, c, ...]

On the background :

a) CRE had recommended a much larger increase!

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/economie ... -2015.html

b) reasons:

summarized (imperfectly) here: http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/economie ... ntent.html

c) therefore the government "stamps" by a political decision

What seems important to me:

a) the price of electricity can only increase (maintenance of power plants, renovation of the network but also: indebtedness of EdF, new overpriced EPRs, CSPE for renewables which is starting to weigh on bills, European market for more and more open so it may be more interesting to sell in Germany ...)

b) fight against the market with a regulated tariff, it's futile!

c) note that nothing is said about the taxes; this is the rate ; the largest increases have been in subscription and CSPE lately; this is masked by the posting by EdF of the "regulated traif"!

d) speculation, you have to live with it; such decision, the stock market price drops; like another, it rises; storm here, the price of wheat soars; flood there, it's soy ...

No governance is possible if we look at the stock market prices, largely disconnected from the real economy (the prices - because it works very well to drain fortunes!) ...

So I won't blame the government for anything.

If this is not to back down on the energy transition (by artificially "compressing" tariffs, it will still let people waste instead of modifying their energy balance!).

Here, in summary (I am hungry), what I would say.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/07/13, 21:32

Enjoy your meal, Did67!

You say:
If this is not to back down on the energy transition (by artificially "compressing" tariffs, it will still let people waste instead of modifying their energy behavior!).

It is the governments (previous, of course, but driven by the same motivations) which pushed for "all electric" heating, it does not seem abnormal to me that the increases are smoothed, so as not to put users in inextricable situations, knowing that moving from electric heating to something else is not technically simple and even less financially ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 10/07/13, 21:49

You are right.

What is not good is to entertain the "dream" that prices could be contained.

We can see this when we discuss "heating mode" on some forums : the assumptions are variable and often change everything. In this way, depending on the faith in nuclei or wood or gas, we arrive at different choices.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/07/13, 22:19

We agree ...
Note that prices often have a political component, and not only in the public domain ... ei that they do not necessarily reflect reality (or that of money!).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."