Why dismantle nuclear power plants?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Why dismantle nuclear power plants?

by Christophe » 30/04/11, 20:59

Uh, I will perhaps say an enormity for some but when one sees the problems which already pose the nuclear dismantling in progress (initial costs multiplied by 50 approximately), I wonder what is the point of dispersing radioactive materials and putting "Dismantlers" in danger when we could leave the big one on site and "secure" on site, right?

When I say "secure" it is for the environment and for people / animals ...

Hey, we never really dismantled the Atlantic wall ...
0 x
Addrelyn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Addrelyn » 30/04/11, 21:12

I wonder what is the point of dispersing radioactive materials

Do you know what is radioactive in a power plant?
Do you know how matter becomes radioactive?
Do you know what radioactive elements are coming out of a plant?

Do you want to know?

Uh, I'm going to say an enormity for some but when we see the problems already posed by the ongoing nuclear dismantling (initial costs multiplied by 50 approximately),

Countries have lots of different ways to do it.
In England, they decided to leave the 120 plants for years before they started dismantling them.
In France it is expected 30 years I think.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/11, 21:51

Roh of calm ... yes I want to know!

When I said materials, I thought of all the pipes and metal elements of the primary (heart, steam generator ...) and all the other elements (concrete, doors ...) which are heavily contaminated.

What is the point of disassembling them? If it is to avoid them elsewhere also let them rot on the spot and secure the place (infiltration of rain in particular).

I have no idea what they become after dismantling ... dillués in a blast furnace in China?

Oh well I'm not totally wrong if England plans to do nothing for 120 years, it joins the idea of ​​this topic. They provide a secure site over this period?

But who says that the company that manages it will still exist in 120 years?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/04/11, 22:04

Addrelyn wrote:Countries have lots of different ways to do it.
In England, they decided to leave the 120 plants for years before they started dismantling them.
In France it is expected 30 years I think.

The principle is simple, first "we" do the excavations, now , and then come what may, there will always be enough CONPRODuables to be fucked to wipe the plaster and the huge costs associated with dismantling .... Costs that have of course never been anticipated (forbidden word in this technology).
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 30/04/11, 22:06

Cover everything with a huge sarcophagus ...
Oh no, it's already done at Chernobyl, am I stupid!
They at least have chosen common sense by this decision.
It is not like in Africa where the contamined metals are disperse and or remelt in pots and other kitchen utensils for the use of the African housewife!
Material from the mines of our dear Areva.

Small quote: "The nuclear ca does not release CO2" => and the cost of transporting materials from Africa to France, is it whey?
"Nuclear power is renewable * and clean energy" => Go tell the housewife that!

* Except when there is no more uranium ore.

You all recognized who said it was not?
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/11, 22:15

Flytox wrote:Costs that have of course never been anticipated (forbidden word in this technology).

If just according to the last additional investigation, new wind projects must fund their dismantling on blocked account for 20 years!

https://www.econologie.com/complement-d- ... -4354.html

The time to plant a wind turbine has gone from 3 to 8 years!

It's a gift to EdF nothing else ...

And in the pipolitic speeches ... it's the opposite ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/04/11, 22:25

the development of renewable energy in France is particularly hampered by legal and administrative provisions that masked powerful interests.

Wind, solar and small hydro have been in the sights for a long time.

Only the combustion of biomass resists because it is quite difficult to forbid burning a log ...
0 x
Remundo

Re: Why dismantle nuclear power plants?

by Remundo » 30/04/11, 22:31

Christophe wrote:Uh, I will perhaps say an enormity for some but when one sees the problems which already pose the nuclear dismantling in progress (initial costs multiplied by 50 approximately), I wonder what is the point of dispersing radioactive materials and putting "Dismantlers" in danger when we could leave the big one on site and "secure" on site, right?

When I say "secure" it is for the environment and for people / animals ...

Hey, we never really dismantled the Atlantic wall ...

I personally think that all nuclear power plants are going to become sanctuary places, with strict regulated access and that is the "less worse" thing to do.

because in reality, no one in the world knows how to dismantle a nuclear power plant properly since it is almost impossible.

And frankly, it is an additional expenditure of energy (and money) because it is necessary to re-fuse all the waste, either poured in concrete, or arranged in the - future - geological storage (which also does not dig any alone) ... not to mention the dissemination by dust and exposure of workers for not much useful ...

In short ... a sector to forget as quickly as possible ... Let's end using the current plants as a transition, and move resolutely and now to something else ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 30/04/11, 22:53

The court of accounts has forecast that the cost of dismantling the French nuclear fleet would be about 66 billion euros.
EDF has provisioned only 6 billion, so do not look for the reason for the cost of the gradual but inevitable increase in electricity ...
As for the real cost of dismantling, no economists, no serious engineers would predict it precisely, knowing that the bill may exceed the 100 billion euros!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/05/11, 00:46

It is not possible to give a fixed amount! Everything would depend on the circumstances, the rate of irradiation, the type of contamination and its depth ... and especially the reassessment of safety standards for low dose irradiation, which will increase costs by x20 or x100. ..in 120 years because sanitary standards will have changed! And the "dismantlers" will have to work less time on the sites, it will be necessary to multiply them, which will make them "rare" on the job market, and they will therefore have to be paid much more. Prices will explode, because dismantling methods will change compared to current tolerances!

Burial too, will be problematic (water table, etc.). Probably in barely 20 years, the "average radioactive" waste will be considered in the same way as the "highly radioactive waste".

It must be remembered that the cashiers' coffins were heavily contaminated, so much so that they were buried in welded metal modules ... so that they do not contaminate the environment in their turn ... It makes you think no ? I leave you to imagine what will be the assessment of the dangerousness of "waste" when standards will no longer be falsified ...

Addrelyn, "Grilled Commercial Attaché, Nuclear Industry" wrote:
I wonder what is the point of dispersing radioactive materials

Do you know what is radioactive in a power plant?
Do you know how matter becomes radioactive?
Do you know what radioactive elements are coming out of a plant?

Do you want to know?

Are you going to stop trying to infantilize us?..

All the nuclear henchmen do is assume. Tired of these sorcerer's apprentices and their omerta and manipulations. Certainly all this is not new, "it is in human nature ...." This is why we have to get out of this m ... man is not wise enough, he achieved Peter's principle with the nuke ...

Addrelyn, "Grilled Commercial Attaché, Nuclear Industry" wrote:Countries have lots of different ways to do it.

What nerve! ... and in addition dismantle it is not expensive! By a procedure ... that does not change from Areva to Fukushima - to believe that the industry would have passed the word - from one end to the other of the planet they appeal to the "nuclear slaves" who are temporary workmen (in order to forget them better) which is very practical since those who are hired by temporary work agencies do not enter the statistics of people contaminated as regular employees of nuclear sites. scandal!. "They are the liquidators of modern times", those they liquidate above all, it is themselves ... By abuse of weakness of recruiters!

Addrelyn, "Grilled Commercial Attaché, Nuclear Industry" wrote:In England, they decided to leave the 120 plants for years before they started dismantling them.

Super, like those who have just been born at this moment, do not even know and will have disappeared before 120 years ... it's very practical ... And in this remote period, it will be very late to translate people into justice.

The masquerade of the nuke continues, but I look forward to reading the next absurdities of the "grilled commercial attaché" of the nuclear industry and his "agent", since he made us understand that they have so many "superior" interests to defend in this industry ...
0 x