100% with water ??

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
quick
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by quick » 12/11/05, 22:29

Good evening
thank you andre for these figures which are not very encouraging!
improve engine combustion?
is gasoline combustion + the right amount of air not complete?
Is the poor performance of our engines not due to a poor operating principle?
valve valves, -transmission of the piston power by the principle of crankshaft connecting rod which seems to me not famous for the passage of a maximum torque especially at the start and end of the race ....
should we not look to other mechanical principles of the engine?
thing which is not really feasible by me and by the major part of us and appear not by the manufacturer themselves, apart from the rotary engine they fall asleep a little on their laurels the manufacturers !!!!!
0 x
tryf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tryf » 15/01/06, 02:51

Hello
for whom the engine is 100% water.

let's assume that a hydrogen engine is 100% efficient.

let us assume that the alternator is an efficiency of 100%.

let us assume that electrolysis is a yield of 100%.

(all this is already impossible)
well the motor would be able to self-power but could not undergo any load!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/01/06, 18:54

quick wrote:[...] is the poor performance of our engine not due to a poor operating principle?
The problem with today's heat engines is due to several things:
- only part (25 to 35%) of the energy from combustion is used to expand the gases, which produces the driving force recovered by the movement of the pistons and then of the crankshaft,
- part of this energy, in the form of heat, heats the walls of the combustion chambers and cylinders, that's why we are forced to cool the engine, in pure loss (except to recover this energy),
- the last fraction of energy leaves in the exhaust gases, in the form of pressure and heat there too, although systems exist to recover a fraction (see turbochargers, the BMW Turbosteamer, or systems connected to a generator capable of transforming the "breath" of gases into electric current).

quick wrote:valve valves, -transmission of the piston power by the principle of crankshaft connecting rod which seems to me not famous for the passage of a maximum torque especially at the start and end of the race ....
should we not look to other mechanical principles of the engine?
thing which is not really feasible by me and by the major part of us and appear not by the manufacturer themselves, apart from the rotary engine they fall asleep a little on their laurels the manufacturers !!!!!
The problem is that the automobile industry is not a fundamental research institute and that for the moment, the old (more than 100 years) principle of reciprocating piston engine has never been exceeded when we consider the cost ratio (construction, maintenance, reliability) / consumption / production of driving force ...
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 20/01/06, 20:17

Hello
It is true the example of an electric motor developing 98KW (130Cv) is much heavier and bulky than a thermal engine of the same power. And the supply of it by battery is still a problem.
0 x