Equip an Iveco 35 8 with pantone doping

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
dje
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Equip an Iveco 35 8 with pantone doping

by dje » 28/06/10, 18:35

Hello everyone

I have an iveco 35 8 (sofim) from 1984 and would like to dope it with water.
I would like to know if someone had already experienced water doping on this model of utilities.
Know the results it gives and what is the most economical water doping (in terms of consumption).

please
0 x
nikloc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nikloc » 27/12/13, 18:10

Hi, I have exactly the same utility as you.

I have been learning about water doping for two years and I have decided to start production.

Have you embarked on trials on your side?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/12/13, 13:52

Hello nikloc and dje, welcome.

There are hundreds of models of vehicles in circulation, it is not sure that your own had a Pantone or Gillier Pantone development, documented / completed and accessible on the net. Most of the time, you have to jump in and solve a lot of the problems yourself. By cons on Econology there will be some experts and experienced practitioners to answer some of your questions and give you some advice.
:P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
nikloc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nikloc » 30/12/13, 19:13

Yes indeed we must take the plunge!

I also started to calibrate my drip (model
recover in a clinic)

I read them very carefully forum on the subject in order to imagine
the future realization and I take advantage of Flytox to clarify a few points:

- You say on a post that a constant level tank is a source of
problem, have pressure balancing and rigorous use of the Giacomini trap model been tested to your knowledge?

- On didier's Mercedes we see that the intake tapping and carried out directly on the inputs of the intake manifold, I do not see if the interest comes more from the shorter route, from the increase in depression (in does this still require a venturi for each tapping?) or the fact that the reactor mixture is better distributed?

- I seem to see on different assemblies that the connection between the reactor and the intake and a hose but how can it withstand the temperature at the outlet of the reactor? : Cry:

- Water doping is essential to me because I want to clean up
my iveco as much as possible. It is bi-fueled and the question that remains is whether the combustion becomes better does the smell of frying fade? Although I prefer it to that of diesel, discretion is sometimes a good option.

Glad to see that the site is alive

Action! :P
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/12/13, 21:59

nikloc wrote:- You say on a post that a constant level tank is a source of
problem, have pressure balancing and rigorous use of the Giacomini trap model been tested to your knowledge?

The Giacomini "purger" works according to I do not remember which speaker, (not found how it is made / how it is different from the others), but as far as I know it has not documented its result.

- On didier's Mercedes we see that the intake tapping and carried out directly on the inputs of the intake manifold, I do not see if the interest comes more from the shorter route, from the increase in depression (in does this still require a venturi for each tapping?) or the fact that the reactor mixture is better distributed?

- A "short" path between the reactor and the inlet valve seems to me appropriate. (possible lower pressure drop, less heat loss, less dead volume ...).

-Depending on the place where you put the nozzle on the duct or intake manifold, the depression can change a little. In all cases a venturi will give the most significant depression, on the other hand putting 4 venturi (for a 4 cylinder) seems to me somewhat complicated (in particular to size them) for an unsecured / random result. It is simpler / more economical / easier to set up, put only one upstream and distribute afterwards for each cylinder.

- For the distribution of the steam flow to be truly "fair" between the cylinders, the pressure drops would have to be equivalent on each inlet duct (same length to within a few "mm", same diameters, same elbows etc. ... From memory, a condition not at all fulfilled on the didier assembly.
In any case, the dimensions and positions of the various organs will force various compromises ... more or less happy. Yaka experiment : Mrgreen: .

- I seem to see on different assemblies that the connection between the reactor and the intake and a hose but how can it withstand the temperature at the outlet of the reactor? : Cry:

Between the vibrations and expansions of the pot, it is necessary to ensure a junction which can "play" without leading to the rupture of a rigid pipe.
One solution is to make the reactor outlet pipe (copper or stainless steel) protrude a good ten cm. This is enough to significantly reduce its temperature so that a hose (silicone for example withstands about 350 °) can be mounted on it without problems. The 10 cm part of the pipe should not be straight but bent in one way or another, it is much more resistant to vibrations.

- Water doping is essential to me because I want to clean up my iveco as much as possible. It is bi-fueled and the question that remains is whether the combustion becomes better does the smell of frying fade? Although I prefer it to that of diesel, discretion is sometimes a good option.

André must have the answer, he has already done this editing for years.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132