Experimentation small tractor, photo to come

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Experimentation small tractor, photo to come

by Akasha » 09/04/09, 09:53

Hello, my name is Samuel and I have just completed my first experiment with the pentone system on a small 53cc engine

So my experiments concluded with two results: No water consumption by the engine (or consumption not verifiable), secondo the machine works with vaporized gasoline until the most inflammable components of this gasoline is burned ; leaving me with about a quarter of useless unused petrol ...
Thus the system put in place only vaporizes and heats gasoline but does not consume water. A reduction in smoke is still a great advantage (especially when the engine is running in a garage.
The water consumption could surely be improved if the temperature of the bubbler could be increased, but considering the size of the machine, even after modification of the place of the bubbler just at the outlet of the exhaust, the temperature is not sufficient for spraying water.

Your advice and comments are welcome for this first experiment.

Even if now I want to tackle a small tractor.
The photos and plans will follow, I plan to put together a file with all this to present it to those who are responsible for this tractor and thus convince them of the possibility of doing so. So with your help everyone I would like to put a system with GVI on this tractor.

The exhaust outlet is divided into three at the engine outlet. I plan to put the reactor in the central branch. A tube for heating the air in a right branch and connected to a T at the inlet of the reactor and to an auxiliary air filter. Then there is room to insert the GVI just before the T at the inlet of the reactor.

I think it's a 1.2 liter displacement, I'm not sure but it will also follow. My questions will also follow.
I will publish scale plans later together with the photos.
In the meantime, your comments and encouragement are welcome!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 09/04/09, 20:25

Hello

diesel or esence tractor?

the reactor I would place it at the junction of the 3 cylinders so as not to disturb only one cylinder, and take advantage of the heat of 3 cylinders. The heat does not drop much with the proximity of the cylinder head, but with the release does not exhaust.

The heating of the auxiliary air I would place it after the reactor at the same level as the GV or even after the GV.

The way to get into the engine is missing.
Find a good, reliable level control that resists water contamination.

For the small engine it is a bit normal that the water consumption is low, common gasoline water bulb with different operating temperatures
For experience you can try a small carburetor of reduced model and walk in diesel or alcohol with a certain% of water
You will measure the consumption more precise in this way than with a bubbler, after calculation running on alcohol you will be able to check according to the% of water if there is advantage to seek to consume a lot of water (a 30% of water in the alcohol still works but if you try to increase the consumption of water too much it becomes difficult to adjust) and the yield degrades

The experiments that you make on a Full panton gives you a good basis, but when you do a doping with water you cannot fully apply what you did in panton assembly.

I made this mistake for two years ..

Andre
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 09/04/09, 22:50

I can only encourage you Akasha and wish you welcome on econology :P

It's great your experimentation and I guess you are in a hurry to mount your "pantone" on this tractor ...

You can count on André who is THE reference in terms of vehicle pantonage, I am sure that you will be very good advice.

as for me, I can only encourage you to read the enormous documentation accumulated on econology on this subject (fascinating), it is likely to save you many mistakes and trial and error! :P

Greetings from the econology chat to econologist friends and sincere friendships :P

I remind at the same time that Skype already brings together several econologists from around the world and not the least, since our revered master (hi, hi, hi!) Is among these : Mrgreen:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

photo of the machine!

by Akasha » 10/04/09, 15:44

As promised, here are the photos of the tractor.
It is a DIESEL that is aged and consumes like a hole. Unfortunately there is no meter and the only way to check the change in consumption is to trust the instinct of the person who uses it every day. He fills it every 3 days and assures me that if there is a difference he will mark it ...

Voila!

Good as you see, there is not much room for the reactor. This is why I intended to put it in the central cylinder.
Even if I intend to make an extension as shown in the diagrams, between the three cylinders and the exhaust. My question is: What would be the minimum length of the reactor and the GV?

It is more difficult to place the air inlet after the GV than on the right cylinder, but it is true that it will cause less exhaust gas arriving on the reactor.

Do I have to install a valve on the heated air inlet before the reactor? and another valve between the reactor and the GV? Or would a valve before the GV suffice?

Regarding the intake, the tube between the outlet of the reactor and the air inlet, close to the engine would be 25cm long. What is the best material for this? Given that copper can cause a strong heat loss over time along these 25cm? Would a hose be sufficient?

Thank you for your encouragement, it's been a pleasure!
Thank you Andre for your advice on small engines, I continue the experiments!
0 x
Flytox

Re: photo of the machine!

by Flytox » 10/04/09, 22:45

Hello AKasha

Welcome to the club.

Akasha wrote:Good as you see, there is not much room for the reactor. This is why I intended to put it in the central cylinder.
Even if I intend to make an extension as shown in the diagrams, between the three cylinders and the exhaust. My question is: What would be the minimum length of the reactor and the GV?

The photos may not give a good idea of ​​the dimensions and difficulties but, it gave me the opposite impression, that your "extra part" could be significantly longer and perfectly contain the reactor and the GVI and allow a "clean" assembly. . It is far from an insurmountable problem that the pot protrudes more clearly from the cowls (just a fixing bracket if the overhang seems too important to you?). For the length of the reactor, the idea is within 20 cm. To size the GVI, look at Camel 1's Posts. He worked out an empirical formula that seems to work.

Do I have to install a valve on the heated air inlet before the reactor? and another valve between the reactor and the GV? Or would a valve before the GV suffice?

Provide that your piping is easily removable to be able to try taps and other nozzles in the various circuits to have adjustment during the development.

Regarding the intake, the tube between the outlet of the reactor and the air inlet, close to the engine would be 25cm long. What is the best material for this? Given that copper can cause a strong heat loss over time along these 25cm? Would a hose be sufficient?

For the intake pipe, the silicone holds very well, the heat, the steam, the water, the vibrations, the crazy routes (frictions), resists oil and Diesel ...
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other

by Other » 13/04/09, 00:01

Hello

For the smallest reactor rod I tried in water doping 100mm the longest 210mm
If the engine works frequently, you can approach the 100mm provided the clearance is 1mm or less
preferable 150mm games from 1 mm to 1,2 mm stainless steel material to avoid corrosion, (when other properties I am septic) steel or cast iron gives the same performance.

For the tube that goes to the air intake, I take an internal 12mm copper tube, not take too big, no advantage, I cover it with a protective sheath to isolate it and protect it from heat. close accessories (this goes up to 200c in this tube)
after a certain period of operation there is a gray brown layer in the tube and on the rod of the reactor.

Andre
0 x
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Akasha » 13/04/09, 21:07

Thank you Andre Ca helps me to know that. For the brownish deposit, I already noticed it on my small engine, I thought it was because the petrol was dirty (it was a little ...) Should we therefore plan to clean the reactor from time to time?

Another question about the location of the intake intake, I saw Andre that you experienced stitching closer to the engine. In my case it seems complicated so I thought to prick and bend the air intake hose in order to sink deeper ... Do you think it is of great interest?

Technical details that I still don't understand. How is it that the consumption of diesel decreases with the doping with water? Should we adjust the injection pumps in order to balance less diesel in the engine? Or should we settle something else? or nothing can be settled at all?

I start to scale plans this time, all to come
See you soon, and thank you again
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/04/09, 21:49

Hello Akasha
Akasha wrote:Another question about the location of the intake intake, I saw Andre that you experienced stitching closer to the engine. In my case it seems complicated so I thought to prick and bend the air intake hose in order to sink deeper ... Do you think it is of great interest?

No idea if it's good or not, but the result interests me : Mrgreen: If you could compare the two solutions ...
Technical details that I still don't understand. How is it that the consumption of diesel decreases with the doping with water? Should we adjust the injection pumps in order to balance less diesel in the engine? Or should we settle something else? or nothing can be settled at all?

Normally there is no need to touch the setting of the injection pump, the consumption goes down (when you have found the right parameters). This is because what you inject is burnt more completely. There is also the hypothesis that the relaxation is a little more prolonged. In the end, there is much less soot, particles, unburnt, NOx and a little less CO2 for equal use.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Akasha » 13/04/09, 22:35

Hi Flytox
Have any tests already been done by adjusting the injection pumps to balance less diesel?

In fact we really don't understand anything about this phenomenon, we just know that it works !! In a sense it is the main ...
0 x
Other

by Other » 14/04/09, 05:20

Hello

Thank you Andre Ca helps me to know that. For the brownish deposit, I already noticed it on my small engine, I thought it was because the petrol was dirty (it was a little ...) Should we therefore plan to clean the reactor from time to time?

No you clean nothing it is part of what is wrongly called (running in) this insulating layer promotes the operation of the reactor.
If you can mount the rod without centering pins, just supported by two small central rods, the ends cut square nothing aerodynamic.

Another question about the location of the intake intake, I saw Andre that you experienced stitching closer to the engine. In my case it seems complicated so I thought to prick and bend the air intake hose in order to sink deeper ... Do you think it is of great interest?

In the elbow of the rubber hose it is a good place
you plant the copper tube so that it comes out in the center of the duct, normally the air filter of these engines is restrictive enough to give a good vacuum.

Nothing is touched on the adjustment of the engine the reduction in consumption is more marked when you load the engine, I have long believed that it was the excess heat on the reactor, but I look more at the fact that when the engine strength at low revs, even at half load the output is good (this explains why tractors which run at 1500rpm have better results than cars which run at 3200rpm.

I start to scale plans this time, all to come
See you soon, and thank you again

The part to take care of the most is to have enough heat in the GV if you do not use your engine at full load.

Currently I am experimenting with a supplementary heating of electric water on 12 volts, to try to understand why at low temperature and small trips the performance is not in my expectations, because when we do not arrive at make this system effective at low load and in urban use, this will not be interesting for the average use of motorists.

Andre
0 x