Pantone engine on model building engine

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
spotwar88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pantone engine on model building engine

by spotwar88 » 17/06/08, 17:27

Hello everybody

I discovered the pantone process some time ago but recently I have returned to modeling.
What relationship between pantone and modelism will you tell me?
only one: the engine

In fact, I was a bit tired of driving my miniature car and I had the idea of ​​modifying it a bit.

My idea is to put the pantone system on this little car.

Of course it is a heat engine but very small (3cm cube and 0.4ch at 30rpm, single cylinder)
I wanted to know if it was possible to put this system on this little monster because the tubes will not be easy to find in addition I have some oil problems (because the fuel is very rich in oil ...)

Some pictures :

With fuel tank and exhaust

free exhaust and more visible air intake
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 17/06/08, 17:33

going electric would still be more radical and simpler :D
0 x
spotwar88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by spotwar88 » 17/06/08, 17:36

: Cheesy:

I wanted to try this system on my small car to adapt it later on my AX when it will no longer be essential.

In addition to that the electric is very nice my batteries ...
With the thermal one is faster, more powerful and more robust on the other hand that pollutes a lot :?
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 17/06/08, 18:37

Hello,
The idea is interesting, the problem is that it is a 2-stroke engine, right?

Passing the lubricant through the reactor (Pantone 100%) or steam through the crankshaft (Gillier-Pantone) seems rather daredevil.

But if the vapor does not condense in the engine, after all it only makes one more gas?

You just have to see the amount of water spit out cold by an oil breather over a 4 stroke!

It still assumes having a low engine at 100 ° C minimum.
So why not ? Provided perhaps to start "dry" and not turn on the water until the engine is hot ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 17/06/08, 23:27

Bonjour à tous

Very good fields of investigation, but for the steam in the low engine, I have doubts about the behavior of the bearings and bearings. In my archives I have a project more or less approaching (on a 50 cm3 2 stroke) but where the steam injection is done in by an additional specialized "transfer" which does not communicate with the low engine to preserve the low engine (it doesn't say so high engine will love the joke : Mrgreen: )
Good continuation. :P
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 17/06/08, 23:31

Crispus wrote:Hello,

There are also 4-stroke engines in model making.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/06/08, 23:43

Cuicui wrote:
Crispus wrote:Hello,

There are also 4-stroke engines in model making.
But there, in this case, it's a 2T ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
spotwar88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by spotwar88 » 18/06/08, 10:16

To check that the engine does not taste because of the water vapor I have another similar engine which is almost HS (it still runs but the car no longer :) )

I confirm that the engine is a 2-stroke.

The project on the 50 cm3 is very interesting and can probably be applied to mine.

@ soon everyone
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 18/06/08, 14:34

After thinking about it, there is a good chance that water will condense in the lower engine, since unlike a 4T, there is fresh air constantly passing through, so it is impossible to have sufficient temperature to maintain vaporization.

Especially since during the descent of the piston, the mixture is compressed, this limit vaporization / condensation temperature becomes greater than 100 ° C.

Unless the "treated" vapor does not recondense under certain conditions :?: (total ionization according to my hypothesis).

It would still deserve an experiment, it would not be the first surprise obtained with a pantone ... But personally I have no engine to sacrifice : Mrgreen:
0 x
Flytox

Re: Pantone engine on model building engine

by Flytox » 18/06/08, 19:59

Hello spotwar88

spotwar88 wrote:
I wanted to know if it was possible to put this system on this little monster because the tubes will not be easy to find in addition I have some oil problems (because the fuel is very rich in oil ...)

Among the problems is that of scale. The models are so small that they have very very little thermal inertia and a huge cooling surface in relation to the volume of heated combustion gas. The thermal efficiency is poor and the exhaust gas temperature is ridiculously low barely a few cm after the exhaust light. (the oil coming out of the exhaust is not burnt to a large extent).

The problem becomes, where will there be enough heat to be able to vaporize water? Given the volume of the cylinder head at top dead center (diesel), if you suck / condense a drop of water "a little too big" you break the engine ....

Paradoxically, it seems to me that an EGR system (recycling part of the exhaust gases in the intake) could possibly be used. We are "sure" that the water injected is in the form of vapor, a lot of oil to forget the lubricating conditions drawn by the hair, fuel vapors heated and therefore better evaporated, a mixture of fresh gas and exhaust gas upstream of the carburetor therefore more homogeneous ....
The power should move, better at "low" speed and less good at high speed (will not want to take all the turns?).

If it is, the fuel will not clog in a few seconds under the avalanche of oil : Mrgreen: and if it's plastic let's not talk about it : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132