Water doping: Rover Montego TD 2L

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Water doping: Rover Montego TD 2L

by jime » 11/04/08, 19:25

Bonjour à tous

: Cheesy: That's it I have the virus : Cheesy:

However, I will make the reactor myself now that I have learned how to braze. Good for the moment it is in project, I have the 508 on the back but I will take advantage of this subject for my technical questions and not to confuse everything with the 508.

As I have even less space than in the truck and I use this vehicle for short and medium trips, I will use Michel's GVI and mount the reactor according to the plans of the forum.

For the moment I got myself a stainless steel rod of 14mm and one of 4mm, it gets stuck to find the corresponding tube.
I found a 13/17 stainless steel tube that could go with a 12mm rod but I gave up on this idea because it seemed too small to me, what do you think?
I would like to find a stainless steel tube of 15 or 16 inside, that would be perfect.

: Arrow: : Arrow: I take advantage of this subject for an announcement. If someone had a length of about 50mm of a 15-16mm inner tube, I could trade him for solid rod (I have 14mm and 4mm) or buy him if necessary, the post office will take care of it to bring us closer : Arrowl: : Arrowl:

A suivre

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit 09-02-2009

Assembly video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8avi4 ... apeur_tech

End edit

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Christophe, here is the assembly made:
Last edited by jime the 09 / 02 / 09, 14: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 13/04/08, 17:50

Hello

I found my happiness, from the pipe of 16/21, I will soon be able to go to practice, a big thank you to pilote68 !! : Cheesy:
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 20/04/08, 23:54

Bonsoir

Today I couldn't try the 508, pouring rain all day in the Var, so I attacked the doping of the rover.
I have a lot of work because I will have to mount a reactor screwed on the line otherwise I could not go up the exhaust line, like Michel's 205d.
I have a great challenge to take up for the apprentice welder that I am :D

Here's the plan

I started easy, by the GVI

I use a reduction to flare the inner tube before brazing

0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 21/04/08, 04:39

Hello

What is the use of the blue pipe that goes from the air filter to the outlet of the reactor?

Andre
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 21/04/08, 07:14

Hello

it's air tapping, I heat the air in the reactor before mixing it with the water vapor from the gvi
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/04/08, 19:54

hello jime

jime wrote:it's air tapping, I heat the air in the reactor before mixing it with the water vapor from the gvi

If you have an operating problem with this pipe punctured at the outlet of the air filter (which must be in slight depression), you can try a small independent air filter with a short pipe to reach the level of your heating. For my part I use a truncated fuel filter.

The problem is that within a few millibars we don't know which way it blows.... : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 21/04/08, 22:12

Bonsoir

It's true that on my truck I don't have this problem of depression with the displacement of the engine.

Good deal galley today, I will not be able to do as I wanted. The exhaust line head does not come out !! You have to go to the engine side and remove the high engine, English pigs : Cheesy:
Never mind, I will install everything 60cm further, I was able to dismantle the 1st silencer without turning the complete line.
Another problem, yesterday's gvi no longer works because the new one is flat, I had to modify the water inlet below

the culprit, impossible to pass backwards !!

The new gvi planned to be installed flat

The gvi in ​​place, the water inlet is at the low level of the gvi

The reactor: tube 16/21 rod 14mm
Anteroom 90mm
stem 135mm
50mm trigger

The tap of the grandfather!!

Everything in place, I'm going to arc weld a 2mm plate to fill it all up, I hesitate to widen the passage of the reactor because it is wide enough and blocks the conduit well...
0 x
Other

by Other » 22/04/08, 00:06

jime wrote:Hello

it's air tapping, I heat the air in the reactor before mixing it with the water vapor from the gvi

It seemed to me that this air inlet was done on the GV outlet side entering the reactor? unless you try another way?
In real life I don't even put a filter on this input
a simple small fine mesh just to prevent swallowing a large grain of sand ..

50 years ago cars didn't have an air filter...

Andre
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 22/04/08, 07:23

hi andre

It seemed to me that this air inlet was done on the GV outlet side entering the reactor?

that's right, in fact it's my drawing which is not very fair I wanted to show the reactor, the air arrives from the right crosses the exhaust to heat up comes out of the left side in an elbow where it is mixed with the vapor of the gvi before entering the reactor but hey this system will not see the light of day on this car
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 22/04/08, 21:28

Bonsoir

Here's the job of the day, I'm exhausted!!

The rod, I chose to do the centering with small pieces of 4mm rod planed with a grinder

The reactor outlet which obstructs the exhaust a little too much

problem solved, the opening is shifted a few cm after the elbow to create a restriction at the reactor outlet

Almost finished, ah the site, twisting 2mm steel is an adventure, I made a fire and I heated the pieces on embers before matting them :D

View from below, with the enlargement in which I pass a copper for the air inlet
0 x