Where to get the tubes and rods of stainless steel?

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
matthew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Where to get the tubes and rods of stainless steel?

by matthew » 03/12/07, 13:00

Hello...

Here I gathered a part of the parts necessary for the assembly of a reactor on my vehicle ... for the tube and the rod of the reactor, I had found galvanized steel with the radius water-heating kind at casto (practical because the ends of the tube were already threaded ...).

But I read on a quanthomme page that galva will eventually oxidize and give off toxic vapors ...

Yes but where to find stainless steel tubes and rods ... are there distributors who sell this at retail?

Anyone know how to enlighten me on this point?
0 x
matthew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by matthew » 03/12/07, 13:20

Well, I just read the debates on the subject of steel / stainless steel ...
it rust / it doesn't rust ...
pipo = magnetism ...

I will keep the galva for last, unless someone explains to me why it will not go!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/07, 13:48

It is because the magnetism is pipo that stainless steel (non-magnetic for most types of stainless steel) is not interesting ... for the rod.

Indeed; it could be a catalyst.

For the rest, use "black" iron instead.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/12/07, 15:32

Hello
matthieu wrote:Well, I just read the debates on the subject of steel / stainless steel ...
it rust / it doesn't rust ...
pipo = magnetism ...

I will keep the galva for last, unless someone explains to me why it will not go!

It is not necessary to take a galvanized tube, prefer the ordinary black steel tube, (the one with central heating) the galvanized inside it becomes roughness once pass to heat (it is not for the toxicity but the functioning of the reactor) the tubes. some are oval others have an internal weld, if possible look for something (drinkable) internally,
in the stainless steel tube the internal quality is superior to most of the ordinary steel tubes.
it is still a certain work to make a welded assembly autand use appropriate material, one does not want to start the job again, stainless steel is in the stores which sell material with dairy, or those which make food products
In all small machine shops they have relapses and pieces at good prices.

Andre
a galvanized tube even if we pass the emery cloth the galvanizes enters the surface of the metal (all welders know it)

For the rod takes stainless steel but it is not an obligation
polished steel it also works, the only drawback if you immobilize your car for a month the rod starts to rust
in the partique heated strongly and particularly if you often drown the reactor
0 x
nikolaj
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Where to get stainless steel tubes and rods?

by nikolaj » 08/10/17, 17:12

hello, I made my system (modified retrokit nanokit spad style) with copper tubes diameter 12/14 10/12, and it does not rust at all .... effective, 0.75 liters of water per 100 km. ..and extra clean exhaust outlet ...
0 x
A mystery only perpetuates when there is refusal to study it (Georges Charpak?)
nikolaj
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nikolaj » 08/10/17, 19:13

hello, i made my system (modified retrokit nanokit spad éconokit écopra, etc, therefore a mixed ..) with copper tubes diameter 12/14 10/12, nested one inside the other, diameter 10 mm in the 12 mm, in double thickness, and it does not rust at all .... it is effective, 0.75 liters of water for 100 km ... and extra clean exhaust outlet ... super engine torque power , real diesel savings, 7.9 liters per 100 km at 90 km / h max, on mixed routes, with a full cc hymer from 1998, td 168000 km, 3 tonnes of real weight ... :D
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/10/17, 23:16

nikolaj wrote:
nikolaj wrote:hello, i made my system (modified retrokit nanokit spad éconokit écopra, etc, therefore a mixed ..) with copper tubes diameter 12/14 10/12, nested one inside the other, diameter 10 mm in the 12 mm, in double thickness, and it does not rust at all .... it is effective, 0.75 liters of water for 100 km ... and extra clean exhaust outlet ... super engine torque power , real diesel savings, 7.9 liters per 100 km at 90 km / h max, on mixed routes, with a full cc hymer from 1998, td 168000 km, 3 tonnes of real weight ... :D

Hello Nikolaj, welcome.
You could create a new subject and tell us about your montage !?
Good tests.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
nikolaj
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nikolaj » 11/10/17, 13:23

Hello, I am gathering my documents to do this ... and I will need technical advice to insert photo images ... please ... thank you ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/10/17, 23:29

Below the window where you write, there is an "Attachments" tab that you click.
Then you click "Add files".
Then you find / select the image of your computer that you want to post and you open it.
A little further down the page, next to the name of your file, you wait a bit and it appears "Insert in the line". You click on it.
The code associated with your added file is displayed in the writing area.
You click "Preview" to see if everything is fine. When it is ready with the fact "Send".
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
nikolaj
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nikolaj » 13/10/17, 05:36

hello thank you for the tutorial, it works well ...
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"