Achieve its temperature probes

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

Achieve its temperature probes

by camel1 » 27/06/07, 00:52

Hi everybody !

This time fee issue takes me to put this article could very well go to the Wiki (if this is where Christopher? : Cheesy:)
"How to make a temperature probe"

What you have is the K probes, a flexible stranded wire, with one side the conneteur, and on the other, the thermocouple which is actually a small ball of welding the two conductors.

This needs welding, and only her, either in contact with the environment to be measured. It is not a question of measuring the T ° of the copper where the hardness, but that of the flow which moves inside.
The ideal placement is the axis of the tube.
We know where should be the sensitive part, but we must also isolate the rest of the drivers, which must in no case be wet with condensation (it alters the measures).

The solution is simple:

- Araldite
- a small drop of a few cm of Cu or Fe tube in 4 / 2, (or what you have on hand ...)
- Scotch
- a pair of hands (well, that helps ... : Cheesy:)

Prepare the tube, ie soften the inner edges of ends.

Toss a rabbit droppings fast araldite on a piece of cardboard

Spread gently and generously the same length as the tube, the end of the K wire, taking care not overtaken the ball of the probe.

Thread the tube, quietly going there, rotating the tube as it advances, until you see the ball out of the thermocouple.
To slightly exceed the kind 1 mm and block the K wire with tape, at the other end of the tube.

Then garnish the next ball, with a match eg. to isolate the son who tend to fray easily. It must not remain the ball sticking out.

Wait decision (5 10 in minutes), and that :D

Result, a nice sensor, it remains only plant in the hose (by making a pilot hole).
To position it accurately, knowing the inside radius of the hose, put on the probe, at the same distance, a few turns of chaterton that will stop, and will surely make good measures ... :D

To be continued...

Michel
Last edited by camel1 the 28 / 06 / 07, 23: 15, 1 edited once.
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Realize its temperature probes

by lio74 » 27/06/07, 22:38

camel1 wrote:Hi everybody !

This time fee issue takes me to put this article could very well go to the Wiki (if this is where Christopher? : Cheesy:)
[......]

To be continued...

Michel

very interesting hummmm :D , thank you Professor : Lol:
I had not yet asked myself the question "how am I going to do for temperature probes?"and there is already the answer on the forum : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
Other

by Other » 27/06/07, 23:58

Hello
thermocouple Type K Manufacturing

Free Photo Gallery with PicTiger
Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/07, 09:08

camel1 wrote:Hi everybody !

Ca cogite ca cogite ...

In fact I wonder if it's not worth doing an Econo-pedia ... with lots of little advice and econological tips given by the visitor (style plants to repel moles, how to make a water recuperator homemade rain ...) with a very substantial "sub" on the pantone ...
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 28/06/07, 23:11

Christophe wrote:In fact I wonder if it's not worth doing an Econo-pedia ... with lots of little advice and econological tips given by the visitor (style plants to repel moles, how to make a water recuperator homemade rain ...) with a very substantial "sub" on the pantone ...

Hi to the great Chef! : Cheesy:

What is an Econo-pedia, a kind of vademecum?

It's more like a forum, a wiki, a blog ??

Or is it just a stupid website ... : Cheesy:

at ???

Michel
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 30/06/07, 13:51

Hello

for the measurement accuracy:
http://aviatechno.free.fr/thermo/table_its90_typek.php?retour=annexes.php

and the understanding of the principle:
http://aviatechno.free.fr/thermo/thermo01.php

well documented site :P
(many pages to visit)

bolt
0 x
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RolCopter » 30/06/07, 14:51

0 x
Less consumption is good
Less pollution is already a great result
camel1

Etalonage ...

by camel1 » 30/06/07, 16:06

Thank you for having restored the links on thermocouples, so, by reading your post, I realized that I had failed to mention the étalonage Andre evokes in his post.

I must first clarify that the K probe delivered with the thermometer bi input are a bit short if you want to put the thermometer in the passenger compartment of the car, so we must extend them ...

Normally, use the wire compensation, but not having to hand, I used copper. BF shielded two conductor cable. A domino to relay.
I disassembled the Th connector, taking care to identify the son, since the assembly is biased.

Then I twisted the wire with copper Th son, then I inserted the splices in the domino, tightening the screws, and voila. : Cheesy:

I protected connections to the domino by coating all generously with duct tape, then only remains to connect the copper wire on the conncteur K, with the correct polarity.

We can go to étalonage must:

A glass thermometer, which rises to at least 100 ° C
(or a reference thermometer of which we are sure)

A saucepan,
Some water,
the fire (or equivalent ...)

Bring water to boil in saucepan on the fire : Cheesy: ,
Put the glass thermometer in the water, check the temp it says.

Immerse the probe K mounted with its extension copper in water, near the "nose" of the thermometerwait a little, then set the corresponding calibration pot on the thermometer, until the display gives the same value as the standard.

Do this for both inputs, with their respective probes.

Reading diagrams T ° / U thermocouples shows that they are actually not very linear ...
However, we see that in the range of C 0 - 100 ° C, the curve to a more linear look ...

In so adjusting, on the top of the range, area of ​​interest, and although the accuracy is not absolute, we have a mistake I estimated 1 ° C maximum ... : Cheesy:
This is ample for what we have to do! :D

And the copper extension is included in the calibration, it works very well ... and it does not cost much! : Cheesy:

A ++

Michel
0 x
Thibounet
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thibounet » 01/07/07, 21:54

Hello,

I wonder something,

I once retrieved a thermocouple from an old gas boiler, in fact, it was put in the flame and it fed a small electro-magnet that actuated a valve.

in fact I imagine that when accidentally the flame was extinguished, the thermocouple cools he closed the valve and thus stopait the gas supply to the pilot I think?

here is what it looks like:
http://pagethib.free.fr/thermocouple/thermo%201.JPG
http://pagethib.free.fr/thermocouple/thermo%202.JPG
http://pagethib.free.fr/thermocouple/thermo%203.JPG
http://pagethib.free.fr/thermocouple/thermo%204.JPG

in fact I'm talking about all this to see if I could use it as a thermocouple temperature in order to know?
for example by removing the coil from the electromagnet and measuring the voltage across the terminals.
but how to know what voltage corresponds to what temperature ???

thank you and sorry for the scouatage
0 x
http://www.pagethib.be.tf Adapting a gas burner or oil to PMC
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/07/07, 22:55

Well, you have the table of tensions
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ouples.pdf

By checking the voltage across the wire when the coil is removed, while the probe dipped in melting ice (0 °), it will tell you the right column.
You can take the test as 100 ° Camel you said the above to always check with the table data (if your sensor is type K).
If you want a direct reading in °, buy a basic temperature meter to 2 entries, in the 40 € (in the links above).
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"