Water doping plan Beetle

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Water doping plan Beetle

by Adrien » 17/11/04, 22:30

I thought I'd do that on my engine:

Without any other means for heating the bubbler, and with a reactor per cylinder.

Tell me what you think...

Adrien
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 18/11/04, 08:35

It seems ok ... to kk thing close

Do you make 1 bubbler for each cylinder or 1 only for 4?

I find your solution to take the exhaust for the bubbler in this way, by passing autout the reactor, interesting but the rise in heat will be slowed down? Because we must start using the PMC only when the engine is hot, otherwise the reaction is not done and you will have water in the engine ...

If I understand your assembly the exhaust circulates around the reactor when the bubbling is activated, so when the PMC is en route ... the reactor will not have time to heat I think ... unless you put a valve after your bubbler and before the reactor, controlled by a temperature sensor, which opens when the temperature of the exhaust is sufficient. But suddenly your bubbler will end in overpressure, which is not great either, because it requires better depression than an overpressure in the reactor.

The solution would be to return to a more 'classic' system ie you fee the exhaust to the bubbler in the same way, but without going around the reactor with a valve to operate, and you drift the other side around the reactor .

What do you think ?
Seb.
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 18/11/04, 11:02

One reactor per cylinder.

I made a simplified diagram, I thought anyway put at least two valves, one just before admission, the time the engine heats, and another to heat the reactors.

I'll add that on the diagram to make it clearer.
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 18/11/04, 11:43

Tadam.

Like that when heating the reactors without feeding the water, the gases that evacuated heat the bubbler.

If I find a way to automate the opening / closing, depending on the pressure and the heat it's good, but not too serious ... I make sure that long trips ... and breaks even more need to extinguish engine.

Adrien
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 18/11/04, 11:53

Here is the engine that will be "boosted"

0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 18/11/04, 12:32

ok it's better like that ...

the only worry is that the water level will go down unnecessarily ...
but if it's for testing, there's no problem you can go like that!
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 18/11/04, 13:14

Why is the water level going down unnecessarily?

When the engine is warm, the "depression" valve will be closed, and I will be doing the two other valves to get a certain amount of gas to go into the water, and the reactors still heat up.

I thought to connect the vacuum valve to a system to recover what is lost, just to have plenty of water in the engine compartment the time of heating ...

Adrien
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 18/11/04, 14:46

ok, if you connect the anti-vacuum (or depressurization) valve to a sufficiently large chamber with a system to condense the steam and return to the water tank, plus pb.

well, you stick to it and you make us a contribution? B)

good luck !
Seb
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 18/11/04, 14:59

Yep, there I give a bath of species at various engine components for cleaning a (cylinder heads, etc.), a block diesel blow to transfer the dust (it has long trailed the engine ...) and HOP !!

If there are starters in the region, contact me! (I'm in reindeer)

For the large room, I thought send it directly into a cold water tank, and on this one I put a non-return valve to evacuate too much air. The water will not have time to heat I think ...

Adrien
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 20/11/04, 15:49

I would have liked to come help you in Rennes, it's not very far from Nantes, but unfortunately I have to manage my time differently (family / nice family / ...) and I have not enough time to go out of home for the PMC (there, my girlfriend naps, so g a little time lol!) :P

You keep us informed, huh?
A+
Seb
0 x