Pantone engine on Citroën Xantia 1.9L TD

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pantone engine on Citroën Xantia 1.9L TD

by muzo_31 » 08/12/05, 10:26

My turn to describe my editing.
The "victim" is a xantia 1.9L tubo diesel.
It shows 215 000 on the counter about (hey it changes every day;)

The plan is a water doping. very strong inspiration of the mercedes 300TD of Andre, but with an agility when the mechanics less (and surely less patience also : Oops: ).
The cold water mist should be created by a homemade mini carb. Very insipated by PITMIX who has very well documented his work. Partisan of simplicity, I do not foresee system of pulveriser or other.

The water settings, if possible will be approached with small commercial plastic valves, designed either for aquarium or for drip irrigation. I have several models to test.
For the moment, I have not planned to reheat the water, to see. : roll:
Once I understand the behavior of the assembly, I hope to automate with a small electronic assembly controlling a fuel injection nozzle (but used for water) or a single solenoid valve (I found, coil 12V to 40EUR)

to follow, some pictures. As you can see, all the construction is made based recup ', secondhand pieces, only a few plumber fittings are bought new.
All the parts of the car that are modified come from breaks, and are then mounted. Using the car every day, I can not immobilize the time to make the changes. I must also be able to restore with the original parts in case of a blow ...
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 08/12/05, 10:46

I have already mounted the suction venturi in the intake line just after the recycling of oil vapors. The assembly seems solidly fixed.
Raised since 2 days, I have not observed any loss of power. Just the appearance of a whistling sound, a priori the sound of the turbo has certain diets that passes through the input provided for pantone gas (currently open because the rest is not yet installed).
Aspiration side, it is much more conclusive than my tests with a vacuum cleaner: yes: (although it allowed me to test a dozen concepts and keep the most seductive). I hope it will be good as well ...

Reminder for those who have not seen my thread about it: Reduction 30mm to the tighter of the nozzle, starting from a diam 45. aspiration by a tube of diam 14. the theoretical angles to follow would be 30 ° for the reduction and 7 ° for the opening. I did what I could.

The next step is to mount the modified muffler, on which I added the reactor. :?
Just like Andre, I opted for a U-shaped topology thus proposing a cavity that would be used in small bubbler if the carbu came to spit too much or if it was activated reactor too cold.
the entrance, where I'm going to screw my mini carb, oddly inclined down (it's voluntary this angle!), will allow to evacuate to the outside water that could flow from the buze, engine to the stop.
the dimensions are as follows: internal exhaust tube diam: 46. steel reactor tube 17int, 21ext. copper antechamber diam 16 ext. solid stainless steel rod, long ~ 180, diam 15 => air gap 1mm.

I will try first to mount the exhaust tube with the reactor and try if I do not bridle the engine too much. As I said, there is not much room for burnt gases to pass ... but on the other hand, all your comments of experiences have this in common: HE MUST HAVE! then he will have some.

I was wondering if it would not hurt the exhaust valves? on the other hand, if I lock the exhaust, I lock the turbo, so the thing is self-regulating, right?

Come on, next to the next issue;)
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 08/12/05, 18:45

Hello
Do not worry too much! we did the editing on a xsara with the same engine as yours. Pantone unplugged the car regulated on the breaker proof that the electronics and the wastgate made up for the losses.
With the pantone the perfs are comparable (very slight gain in torque) identical max speed low conso gain - 5 / 100 to 10 / 100
particle passed from 4.99 to 0.38, but comfort of driving fabulous silence and "box become automatic", we forgot the 1ere and 50 more is the fifth (I live in the mountains).
water conso about 300ml
if you want other precitions do not hesitate you have my mel
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
louisclaude
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

pantone

by louisclaude » 08/12/05, 18:55

hello I am called louis jai 60 years and am pre pentionner mecanitien genie civil and I remember there is more or less 35 years threw testeur essayeur for belgian tanks of tear and one of my colleague showed me a patent coming from france de nerac pouretre precis and this patent was called vix cetais a small water evaporator apparatus we build one at this time I drove av renault R16 all I can say honaitement is that it was not working at 100 ° because we navion not a lot of information and plan of this device may I say that the cost of exhaust was near the 0 and we found a drop of consumption but very small and real and 1litres the order of 100km which made me see that it ran cetaisinn when I cut the gauze one would have said that there was a force that repropulsed me forward what was logical the doxigene can contained in the evaporation of the cold water was burning the gases not burned In the cylinders of his engine, I made one day to see my neighbor, who was in charge of it at the national factory of Belgium, where he manufactures engine engines, so my engine could be adjusted with this device. I closed the engine with the air gap. of the bulor and my engine this cut he did not come back at least pretended I want to come to tell you that the pantone carburetor works and certainly even better as it dissociates the water at high temperature I'm going to build one for my motor home there do not expect fantastic results but 2a 3 liters of fuel is always good to take and better to breathe good luck to those who want to have this lanser in the amicably louisure of belgium
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/05, 18:59

Welcome to this forum Louis,

Would not that be what you're talking about: https://www.econologie.com/revue-de-pres ... es-37.html

It's a R16 too ...
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 13: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 08/12/05, 19:01

zac wrote: proof that electronics and wastgate compensated for losses.

zac

Sorry, I do not understand this story of electronics: there is none in mine. everything is old-fashioned, injection pump bosh ...
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/12/05, 23:00

Hi muzo I see that you too are affected by the Pantone's disease. I hope your editing will work. A priori you seem to have understood the principle so nothing to explain the above. I submit to you all the same to heat the water before spraying it because it becomes more fluid at high temperature and therefore more easily sprayable.
0 x
Other

by Other » 09/12/05, 07:50

Hello, econology
The citroen 11 cv from this era, equipped with the VIX, this should be a 1,9 100 engine long stroke 75mm XNUMX engine piston engine has strong torque, cast iron culassse, that good memories .. a legendary cars ...
it's the top I rolled the first time, I was 14 years old,
it was also my first engine dismounted,

For muzot,
Do not put the water level too low a few cm below the carburettor, if it is not too cold does not heat the water, just in the engine compartment that is enough, because arrived in the elbow (a little too tight has my taste) it will seek to vaporize, Elbows is a nuisance to the system and I have too much) If your carburetor does not spray well, you can put a box of the size box waxing with a foam inside, the carburettor spits on the foam and the air that the reactor aspires seeks to dry the foam, an aquarium filter foam does the trick) you can also try the moppe has mopp, good capillarity ..

Andre
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 09/12/05, 10:25

Thank you for your tips!
For the elbows, I thought of the loss of charge, but I did not think that the antechamber of the reactor would also have this perverse effect. :? But if I spray too early, the result will be a high pentone gas output temperature with no effect on the engine, is that ??

If I have to add a sponge, my 1 / 2 fitting system will allow it, I'm happy with this approach. This also opens the door for the future automatic version.

I hope I do not have time to test the pot this weekend. You're right Pit, I sinned the pantone virus (more pleasant than the flu;))
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 09/12/05, 12:29

it seems that at admission the venturi would not be ideal with respect to changes in engine speed, I heard that it would be better to have a valve adjustable by spring.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!