question andre

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 07/11/05, 19:53

I asked myself a question recently is that someone has already mounted a pantone reactor instead of the intake pipe (on small engines) just behind a carburetor by feeding the carburetor with a mixture of water and gas (well brewed by a bubbler)?
if it works we could use the carburetor without modifications and all the mixture would pass into the reactor.
0 x
small
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 07/11/05, 20:53

Actually I saw an assembly with two carburetors one for gasoline and the other for water. There is a T at each end a carburetor both spits in the pantone which spits in the engine live.
Click here.
http://pmcpantone.free.fr/files/tondeuse_2carbus.jpg
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 07/11/05, 20:59

if it works we could try the pantone on two times we would pass the mixture for lubrication and water for polution (I would like to see a 2T trial without odor in the woods) :D
0 x
small
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 07/11/05, 21:10

The concern of the 2T is that there is compression in the dry sump and that the oil of the mixture is used to lubricate ...

Unless you have a 2T with separate lubrication ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/11/05, 21:20

Reread my previous message I put a link to a photo besides I was wrong it was not André who had done that. But I don't understand for 2T. The oil in the gasoline will burn out in the reactor and your engine will run. It is clear that my DT 125 if it did not stink will also be better in the woods especially for the two quads that follow me. But in fact it is the oil that smells. The pantone applies to the 4T because the oil remains in the crankcase and lubricates the engine differently from a 2T. There the reactor acts on unburnt materials. If we all burn in a 2 stroke we burn the oil. For the deppoluer do not oil :D. There are posts that talk about 2 times I have not looked but I believe that there is no solution.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/11/05, 21:23

To answer ex-océano I believe that a 2T with separate lubrication means that we do not mix in the tank but that there is a tank for the oil separated from the petrol. I also believe that the oil pump ends up in the fuel.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 07/11/05, 21:58

I think it may be easier on this type of gear to inject oil between the reactor and the intake in the crankcase. (but I'm wrong maybe, I have never opened a 2T with separate greasing, while 4T motorcycle mono / bi / quad cylinder and 4T auto yes ...)
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/11/05, 22:52

Exactly I ask myself the same question. But if we put the oil in the engine through the intake after the reactor anyway it will burn no. If we put it in the crankcase the oil will go up by the transfers above the piston ... Finally I know nothing about it I am not at the point at engine functioning level.
0 x
Other

by Other » 08/11/05, 01:42

Hello
Most snowmobiles the powerful 3-cylinder 2-stroke 60 a100hp and sometimes more are all equipped with an oil injector which sends behind the carburetor directly in front of the rotary valve, because the engine to have more performance is not no intake lights but a rotary valve, the consumption of these vehicles far exceeds that of cars, but it rolls at 160kmh and more, this oil is used as lubrication to the valve disc, to the needle bearings of the crankshaft and finally to the cylinder , before burning.
If this system is generalized on the two times especially those mounted in ultra light planes, when the pilot made a long descent at good revlution therefore little fuel = little oil and many RPM, the engine lacks lubrication and the flu pistons. in this way the oil is conveyed according to the RPM.
A good two-stroke oil the KLOTZ a little expensive but it takes very little and it is very effective for wear and pollution ...
Andre
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 08/11/05, 05:34

So you think that a two-stroke with separate lubrication can be pantonized but not a two-stroke with direct mixing because of the oil that would be destroyed in the reactor this seems normal.
but what do you think of the assembly that pitmix found in the photo, it seems to me not bad considering that everything goes through the reactor, everything must burn in the engine but it may be harder to adjust this kind of assembly? (two carbs)
0 x
small