Pantone on Multipoint injection

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
romalebelgian
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by romalebelgian » 07/11/05, 17:11

Hi everyone i have been interested in this for a long time and i would love to go further
However we often see mods made on diesels or carbu cars
But what about injections?
Is the assembly adaptable or not recommended?
FYI the car is a corolla xli 1.3 petrol from 1995 with EFI system and pallet flowmeter
Thank you all for the info ;)
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 07/11/05, 21:20

This was also done with injections. A petrol injection replaces the carburetor and the reactor is placed after the injector.

In general, injection cars respect the following diagrams:

Air filter-> injector-> intake pipe-> cylinder.

In addition, injection vehicles often have an oxygen sensor (lambda sensor) to regulate the amount of fuel injected. It therefore regulates itself ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 08/11/05, 03:28

Reply to romalebelge
I have a water doping assembly on a single point injection and it works quite well
For my other Buick multipoint vehicle, I do not plan to use a reactor because the mass area Flow and difficult to modify
But in your case mass air flow to pallet it should be easier to tamper with.
I can explain that it's been x times I say it
When you dope an engine with water in the exhaust gases there is an excess of oxygen or at least that is what the probe detects so it tends to increase the pulses at the injectors, which enriches the mixture,
in the end we are with more consumption with doping than without doping.
So to get around this you just have to disconnect the lamdba probe
the engine runs in open loop on a preprogram as the engine is a little too rich, the method consists in distorting the air flow signal to the paddle and the problem is solved, doping al, water becomes economical, if used well,
In general this signal and 0-4 volts a simple potentiometer on the 4 volts for the control allows a good adjustment, it is depleted until the motor
starts to run out, then goes back up slightly so that it goes round. once the engine is warm it is no longer necessary to make any other adjustment, it works for all speeds.
Obviously make this adjustment only when the doping has water and in function, if not we can almost not deplete the mixture,
Small experiment we put in operation the water doping reactor then we adjust the mixture to the best, if we cut the water of the reactor the engine starts to run too lean, it vibrates and gives blows.
In my language this means that the engine supports leaner mixtures when doping with water. (I can't explain it) but it's been a long time since I saw it on my little 125cc engine in my primary tests in 2002.
Andre
0 x
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 12/11/05, 17:42

Hello,
I just wanted to add a small remark in my humble relevant opinion concerning the installation of the Pantone reactor on an injection petrol engine.
To deal with the lambda problem there is a SOLUTION !!!
Innovate markets (see on ebay) the kit of a broadband probe EMULATING the ordinary lambda probe, which is found everywhere.

The icing on the cake is that we can indure (program) any shift between the true value of the Lambda is the value sent to the computer,

Basically admeton the real lambda is 1.1 (very poor) after the correction with the probe in question we will end up with lambda 1.0 in the computer.

And that's it .... Roll youth on gasoline and pantone :D
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 15/11/05, 17:18

I am trying the pantone experience on my car which is a 2.0l multipoint engine. I will therefore be able to share the problems that I will encounter, in particular at the level of the lambda probe.

Being an electronician and having all the necessary equipment, digital oscilloscope, etc ... I think I will be able to modify the different signals so that the calculator is happy.

Cyril
0 x