Biofuel and 2T

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Thibounet
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thibounet » 28/09/05, 20:50

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to mix ethanol or other with gasoline and 2t oil, and that to run a 2T engine.

the interest is rather economic than ecological since there is in any case the oil that burns.

So here, is it possible, ethanol does not attack the oil? I fear that yes?

please :)
+ + +
0 x
http://www.pagethib.be.tf Adapting a gas burner or oil to PMC
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 28/09/05, 23:48

Hi I was shooting with G1 ufolep with alcohol to burn and castor oil ca allowed me to have sacred volumetric report cons it was necessary to mount much + big sprinklers ....... Until the regulations change .... I had to go to the ELF128 or 135 (very expensive at the time ... in 30Ffr the liter) .Sinon for the less fortunate at the time there was the 100LL (it cost in 6.50 F the liter)

without it our engines were equipped with cylinders alu / nykasil + forged pistons forged graphite and the reliability was not our first concern if I have never broken with alcohol

veiled voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
MobyleX
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MobyleX » 28/09/05, 23:58

I wonder if there is a need to change the nozzle with model gasoline because it contains methanol and a little nitroethane. Otherwise I think that in this case we must look at the proportion of castor oil in modeling oil to not tighten. I think I will try on my mob the essence of model making (I have 5l that are useless ... :D )
0 x
Dream is real freedom, it is the hope, nobody can stop you.
Thibounet
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thibounet » 29/09/05, 09:01

I'm not trying to inflate my engine with extra explosive mix, I just want to run it with a little bit and I hope a lot of biofuel. :P
0 x
MobyleX
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MobyleX » 29/09/05, 21:00

Bah gasoline model is guaranteed 100% biofuel! And methanol costs around 1.25E / liter.

I just made the miscibility test between gasoline moped (gasoline + oil) and gasoline model (methanol + nitromethane + castor oil).
Result (mixture 50% / 50%):
_The essence mob was pink (because of the oil it contains) and the essence of model was pale yellow before mixing. After mixing, everything turned pale yellow tarnished a little like a water full of yellow microscopic alks ...
_the 9 / 10ème mix very well and hold the mixture (after an hour and a half anyway)
_an 2th layer is formed from above: I think it is the oil of mob that separates from gasoline when it mixes with methanol + nitromethane + castor oil. (but the thin layer of the top is not pink like the oil originally)

Then I told myself that I was going to push a little test and I poured the mixture in my mob in addition to the remaining gasoline that I had (so that the addition of model gasoline is done gradually ). So I drove with about 5-10% of gasoline model.
The results :
_The essence of model was well consumed in part, it felt in the exhaust and it is a special smell,
_couple low revs a little behind (probably because of the nozzle too small for this fuel)
_power in the towers as before.
_the engine seems quieter at idle (but maybe it's an impression)

If not yet results on the consumption or on the consequences on the engine (I'm afraid that because of the miscibility, the oil does not oil the engine well) but no apparent consequences for now, the engine runs very well.
0 x
Dream is real freedom, it is the hope, nobody can stop you.
Thibounet
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thibounet » 30/09/05, 18:09

Ok, well I'm waiting for the rest of the result.

and how much is the essence of modelism? I imagine that it does not really have any financial interest in fact?

+ + +
0 x