Miscanthus and bio-ethanol?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Miscanthus and bio-ethanol?

by antoinet111 » 09/10/09, 13:22

Hi guys, looking for information on the cultivation of miscanthus and ethanol production from non-industrial way with.

Goods.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 09/10/09, 20:49

I think the best solution is bike or electric bike the only thing that the land can support. tThe rest is rich western stuff.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 16/10/09, 16:56

rather than telling bullshit you better abstain.

I look for objective information.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/09, 21:27

For culture is full of doc at: miscanthus

I have one in the garden: https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-de-l ... t5256.html

As against the alcohol conversion I do not know if Miscanthus is most suitable ...

Delving also:
https://www.econologie.com/biocarburants ... -3503.html
et https://www.econologie.com/biomasse-et-b ... ts-63.html

Next week I attend a day devoted to the lignocellulosic conversion precisely: https://www.econologie.com/forums/6ieme-rb-b ... t8431.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/10/09, 12:39

antoinet111 wrote:rather than telling bullshit you better abstain.

I look for objective information.

I love the answer that is full of common sense.
The links Cristophe gave deserve attention, and also research work.
I was invited to a "demo" of the cultivation of this herb in the field.
Unable to digest everything that you said ...
But there are key words, like "valbion" (it's in Belgium)
But ecologists people who advocated heart of this culture, if memory serves, had a penchant for insulation and heating, not a word about alcohol ... :| yet vegetable = alcohol with a little sugar :D
Now, these people who have invested heavily in this culture should be well aware of the possibilities of this plant.
Better contact Live
It would be nice to keep us informed of the result, good or bad :D
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/10/09, 22:17

Instead of bullshitting you better abstain.

I do not find this answer "full of common sense", but rather aggressive and indicative of a too widespread distortion of the mind.
Why respond so, if not because the answer differs from the proposed field and introduced a critical dimension unbearable?

Refuting the matter as fact Raimon is entirely permissible and here particularly relevant. The technique is in terms of the operating result, but we can choose to go beyond this limited area to assess things in the light of critical reason (and therefore more broadly).

The cultivation of miscanthus is certainly not a good idea, I had reservations about it and I am more and more convinced. It is not possible practically that because we have oil and can not therefore constitute an alternative to the same oil (not to mention its other inherent disadvantages).

In the particular case raised here, and an objective level (ie by taking into account only a part of reality), I doubt that the starch content of this plant can provide material to produce significant amount of ethanol.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 19/10/09, 08:35

Good for rich Western and other plants used for fuel so provided you use them as food products production plants grow only fuel that is I think a bad idea as there is on earth about 1 billion people starving.
Collect wheat straw or corn after harvest and make methane or alcohol and then put it back in the field but why not grow myscanthus in good agricultural land or go screw up the primary forests to palm oil is the massacre.
0 x
ecomax1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Miscanthus and bio-ethanol?

by ecomax1 » 04/03/18, 14:51

Hello, I'm looking for exactly the same info as what you were looking for in 2009? could you find something relevant?
please
claude
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/03/18, 20:45

the miscanthus is only a weed grass good is not much if you do not use it when you need it, I prefer to grow real tree that make usable wood for many uses ... firewood for those who cutting small ... lumber or other construction for those allowed to grow higher
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/18, 20:56

ecomax1 wrote:Hello, I'm looking for exactly the same info as what you were looking for in 2009? could you find something relevant?

The question was remember the "lthe cultivation of miscanthus and the non-industrial production of ethanol with. "

In a non-industrial way, the answer is definitively no. In 10 or 100ans, it will be the same.
0 x