Who pays what in the recovery of used vegetable oils?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
ojal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Who pays what in the recovery of used vegetable oils?

by ojal » 10/01/09, 11:46

Hello,

Large recycling companies 'display' (not clearly) prices for a recovery service for used vegetable oils ...

What is it in reality?

Mc Do case: hypotheses to be confirmed, the purchases of Mc Do and its subcontractors would be 17.000 tonnes of oil per year ... Mc Do would reject in France 7.000 tonnes of oil per year ...

- Do you think that Mc Do pays 0,30 € / l for the recycling of its oils, that is to say the pretty sum total of 2 million euros?

- Do you think Mc Do gets his oils removed for free?

- Do you think that Mc Do can resell its used oils for 1 million euros?

PS: do not answer me that you already collect oil from your neighbors Mc Do, this is not the debate ... I am talking about Mc Do as a whole on France?

PS2: I would be the boss of Mc Do France, my choice would be made very quickly ;-) Unfortunately (or fortunately I don't know) it's not me ;-)
Last edited by ojal the 11 / 01 / 09, 14: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 10/01/09, 12:04

mac do i don't know
on the other hand it is surely not 0.30 ct / l (it is huge)
it's roughly 20 to 30 euro for 200 liters (for small quantities)
i.e. 0.1 to 0.2 ct / l max
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/09, 11:25

It's a good debate: the waste market is a juicy market ... especially the oil market.

I did a project / report in 2003 on the subject: power cogeneration (> 100kW) with HBV (crude oil) or HUA (recycled oil). It partly materialized in Belgium in 2005. So I know the subject a little.

There is a triple mess with the oils we put in the drain:

a) the degradation of the sewer pipes which end up clogging ... with an enormous collective cost.

b) the cost of treatment of fatty water, generally not very energetically valued (but some projects are in progress)

c) the clean energy of the oil, of course ...

d) the companies that collect the oil are, despite official figures, quite, if not very profitable.

If not in your calculations, what are you talking about? € / L or c € / l? boubka, 20 to 30 € for 200L it's already huge but above all it's between 0.1 € / L and 0.15 € / L ...

Today the collection is generally free: since the requests of the oily the pros are no longer being tricked, they no longer pay for the collection.
0 x
ojal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ojal » 11/01/09, 12:14

I speak in € / l.
To put it clearly:
If you are the right 'con' customer, recovery companies will charge you ...
If you are an 'intelligent' customer and you have a minimum volume, these same companies do not charge you anything, or even offer to pay you ... A priori, it would be done in a way masked by I don't know what a principle, but it's easy to imagine ...

The recycling companies seem to sell at a good price to the companies which then make biodiesel ...

Strange a market where some pay while others get paid for the same service, right?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/09, 12:16

Yes strange, too bad there are so many "idiots" ... it means above all that some people turn oil into gold balls ...

In Belgium the recovery (for the Pros) is now compulsory since 2006 I believe (there are even advertising campaigns on TV it is to say!) ... in France I do not know ...

ps: if you speak in € / L then you must correct your message (Edit button) because you noted 0.3 cts / L ...
0 x
ojal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ojal » 11/01/09, 15:00

I think indeed that the big recovery companies are making gold in bar ...
They are sold to those who produce biodiesel.
Who are these companies that buy oil to transform it into biodiesel?
They turn to frying oil, because they can no longer buy new oil given the fairly high price of cereals and the price of oil down ...
0 x