transesterified rapeseed oil

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

transesterified rapeseed oil

by carburologue » 05/10/08, 09:55

Hello,

I bought a liter of rapeseed yesterday and I made him undergo transmachinchosis, but this morning I find myself with a whiteish paste in the bottom of the bottle and a trans oil ... quite cloudy, is this normal ???
shouldn't the oil be clear ???

thank you kindly answer me
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
delnoram

by delnoram » 05/10/08, 17:16

Yes, the transmachin thing is cloudy, it must be filtered 2 or 3 times with the same coffee filter to have a clear product.

The whitish thing, I do not really know since I put a mixture of alcohol to burn + lye soda which gives after a few days a brown product which I then add to the oil for the reaction .

This gives a sort of ethyl ester and the soap at the bottom.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 05/10/08, 17:54

thank you for your answer. And glycerin, we can take it in these hands without any problems ???
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying