Miscanthus visit 2 fields in Belgium by CIPF Valbiom

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Miscanthus visit 2 fields in Belgium by CIPF Valbiom

by Christophe » 11/09/08, 11:35

If you are interested in Miscanthus, there is still room for a free visit tomorrow afternoon near Charleroi to Ragnies. Sorry for the delay I just got the info! Notice to the amateurs of the area !!

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/08, 10:55

LeJusteMilieu should go take some pictures and can be video?

Ouhuuhou, are you there?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/09/08, 11:16

:D Yes, I go this afternoon :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/09/08, 17:48

:D Back from my visit to Miscanthus.
I will give my first impressions, the rest, the photos, the videos, the doc, it will be after ...
To get there, signs along the road named PROMIS? :?
Now I understand that journalists are planting themselves in their reports ...
Not easy to identify everything in two hours .. So, I will certainly let go of conn ....
In short, arrival on the site in open fields, with a small marquee, with a pretty impressive number of cars, journalists, farmers (reputed to green boots : Cheesy: ); although one of the reporters had boots too.
In the marquee, a pellet stove that works with miscanthus pellets, a lot of miscanthus pub, a free bar Image
And a lot of people talking.
In this project, it seems that the main goal is to build the new houses, with miscanthus. And not to heat pellets. Even if it works well (heating).
Why this passion for this plant? full of good reasons, starting with the very generous yield: 15 to 20 tons of dry matter per hectare.
Why house insulation, not heating?
PCQ, heating up is a balance of + - zero (that's good)
While storing co2 in walls (insulation made from miscanthus), the results are even more positive
That's the main philosophy of these people.
Well, for the future, it's later :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/08, 18:00

Yeah It was LeJuste, special correspondent for Econologie.com !!

Strongly photos !!

To learn more about miscanthus and how to grow a dish I put in the back of our garden, follow this link: https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-de-l ... t5256.html

I did not know (or more ???) that miscanthus could be used, like hemp, as materials!
0 x
ulysses
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ulysses » 15/09/08, 20:51

lejustemilieu wrote::D
To get there, signs along the road named PROMIS? :?

In short, arrival on the site in open fields, with a small marquee, with a pretty impressive number of cars, journalists, farmers (reputed to green boots : Cheesy: );

In this project, it seems that the main goal is to build the new houses, with miscanthus. And not to heat pellets. Even if it works well (heating).
Why this passion for this plant? full of good reasons, starting with the very generous yield: 15 to 20 tons of dry matter per hectare.
Why house insulation, not heating?
PCQ, heating up is a balance of + - zero (that's good)
While storing co2 in walls (insulation made from miscanthus)

Hello

I went too, and I did not have green boots .. they were out in the rain ...
so I took the brunettes ...
to answer LEJUSTEMILIEU, "PROMIS" is the company PROMIS BICAL which would like to sign contracts with farmers and others to plant miscanthus in their fields, harvest it and make it into concrete panels or as insulation I think, but also, mulch, litter, and biodegradable pots with a consistency as hard as brittle plastic (which you may have seen on the tables among others with chips in them) as well as miscanthus logs and pellets too (moreover there were some in bags) ..
that said I could not stay very long, the visits in the fields took a lot of time I had to leave, I could not listen to more ...

I would like to plant some to make pellets or bursts to burn it, but there is matter to study.
0 x
greg
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by greg » 15/09/08, 21:21

put in pellet, it consumes a lot?
to balance with volume difference to store pellets or shredded miscanthus (180 to 200 kg / m3)
I have no element but it works
greg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/08, 22:05

ulysse wrote:I would like to plant some to make pellets or bursts to burn it, but there is matter to study.

Ben grosso modo energetically one needs a plan to make the equivalent of one liter of oil per year (after the 2ieme year).

For a house that consumes, say, 1500L oil is still 1500 plants it takes! It's nothing!

I think it's not for nothing that Bical diversifies into products other than energy.

Now mine I will not generate me to burn it :)

Here are some pictures of the visit made by LeJuste with the products you mentioned:

0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 16/09/08, 06:45

The last picture is a field of miscanthus very young.
I love the pots of flowers.Come me, there are tons of plastic, which accumulate over the years. :?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 16/09/08, 09:55

Very nice indeed these pots ... biodegradable I guess; it already exists in other matters but it may be a beginning to replace our sacrosanct oil.
And since miscanthus does not need fertilizer, why not generalize it?
0 x