Renewable oil by Jean Laigret

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Renewable oil by Jean Laigret

by Christophe » 25/07/08, 21:13

Here is an article supplementing the information on synthetic and renewable oil (because based on biomass) whose work already has several decades:

Read a more complete file including the full article of Science and Life to which the article below refers:

1) The news: https://www.econologie.com/du-petrole-in ... -3876.html
2) S&V article, summary: https://www.econologie.com/petrole-synth ... -3809.html
3) Full S&V article: https://www.econologie.com/biomasse-et-p ... -3810.html
4) Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences:
https://www.econologie.com/petrole-artif ... -3879.html

Edit on 11/09/08: we have launched a working group aiming to try to reproduce Laigret's experiments under the name of "Laigret Project "

Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 10 / 08, 17: 51, 8 edited once.
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 27/07/08, 21:15

Hello
the process looks promising, we will be able to convert skeptic pits : Cheesy: !!
Are there any biologists who know bacillus perfringens?
a small crop to sow a modest digester, equipped with a temperature control, and let rest ... it deserves to be relatively simple, must experiment 8)
Good luck !
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/07/08, 12:30

Finally, BTL fuels it was time, after the fantastic return of the so-called bio carbruants! : Lol:
PS: diesel wetness was invented to run on vegetable oil, gasoline engine with alcohol.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/07/08, 14:52

Look at the Jonule dates, Laigret's work dates from years ... 1940 ...

If "they" had wanted it would have been developed for a long time ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 28/07/08, 15:24

:? at the time, people already understood that oil was "dangerous"
unfortunately not the "leaders"
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/08/08, 13:12

Yes but it will change, at least I hope so!

At the time oil was very cheap, the demand was not that of today ditto for geopolitical tensions ...

So gentlemen "leaders", yapluka!

For the occasion I have just written a very synthetic news: https://www.econologie.com/du-petrole-in ... -3876.html
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 01/08/08, 13:35

Hello,
I went to put a link to this post on futura-sciences, we'll see what they say!
http://forums.futura-sciences.com/showt ... ost1823931

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/08/08, 19:35

The document that is analyzed here, the production of oil from organic waste via a complacent bacterium, such as Indian attempts based on recycled plastics, calls for several remarks.

First of all, in general terms, this type of article usually arouses only a total and rather disturbing absence of imagination: the addiction to oil and all that it assumes is such that the appearance of a substitute or solution (?) to change nothing is welcomed as a blessing. We have seen it in all the media about hydrogen, the compressed air or electric car ...

Secondly, it must be borne in mind that the seductive aspect of the process, on a purely technical level, is based on a fairly common confusion between stock and flow. There is no doubt that the accumulation of waste is a problem in our societies and that turning it into a highly valued product (in the 2 sense of the word!) Is, apparently, killing two birds with one stone.
What is it really? It is a question of replacing the stocks of carbonaceous materials accumulated over millions of years and slowly transformed into oil, the stock of anthropogenic waste. However considerable it may be, this “instantaneous” stock, quickly transformed into fuel, is perfectly derisory in terms of volume if we consider that the purpose is the generalized waste called “growth” or more insidiously “sustainable development”.
Only hundreds of millions of years have allowed the accumulation of quantities of energy allowing, through its dissipation in a few decades, to provide a part of humanity the ability to loot the planet and to organize one's own suicide.
Thirdly, we must not forget that much of the waste produced by our startling waste is caused by oil and other non-renewable resources.
This means that, from a purely logical point of view, it is an absurdity, since whatever the economy of the process is, it is justified only by a huge waste that is beforehand and soon impossible.

On details one can find many objections to me (or even on the bottom: I encourage them!): I try to present some ideas in the most synthetic way possible, which inevitably leads to simplifications. What I want to convey (and not believe) to many people who are aware of the current dead ends is that the solution is certainly not in the pursuit of the current path in other ways.

I will end by pointing out that in an evolved natural ecosystem, the concept of waste is devoid of any meaning: this is to be pondered.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 01/08/08, 19:36

Super interesting!

is a state agency going to take this info?

PS (in the description of the article, it should read "marsh gas" I think, and no, "husbands gas", our wives will have understood it ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/08/08, 19:53

Ahmed wrote:We have seen it in all the media about hydrogen, the compressed air or electric car ...

These 3 examples that you quote do not create energy ... primary, they are simply vectors with global returns more or less catastrophic (rather more than less!) ...the Laigret process completely substitutes for oil, thus creating a real alternative primary energy! It's still very different from what is the hydrogen car now?

Ahmed wrote:It is a question of replacing the stocks of carbonaceous materials accumulated over millions of years and slowly transformed into oil, the stock of anthropogenic waste. However considerable it may be, this “instantaneous” stock, quickly transformed into fuel, is perfectly derisory in terms of volume if we consider that the purpose is the generalized waste called “growth” or more insidiously “sustainable development”.

Only hundreds of millions of years have allowed the accumulation of quantities of energy allowing, through its dissipation in a few decades, to provide a part of humanity the ability to loot the planet and to organize one's own suicide.

I think you have not read fully and in detail the 2 articles in question.

In nature it took millions of years to consitute the current oil reserves because only a tiny part of the biomass is transformed into oil: it takes very specific conditions to make oil. But in the case of Laigret we will largely "help" nature ...

One of the 2 article claims that by transforming, through the Laigret process, 10% of French waste would be able to provide 100% of our energy demand for transport ...

By adding specific cultures (micro-algae) fossil fuel independence is at your fingertips!

A potential is there and it is far from being unfeasible but we must ... want to develop it. And on this point I am far from optimistic ...

If not, I agree with you that we must also reduce primary energy consumption and improve energy efficiency. (of whatever nature) ... but this does not prevent the rejection of serious alternatives to oil. The Laigret process is ... much more serious than those that make the headlines of the government media (wind, solar PV ...) ... and that is perhaps why they do not speak about it not...

Just as the "system" helps less with insulation: https://www.econologie.com/comparatif-en ... -3858.html
0 x