Dangerous sugar pyrolysis?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Dangerous sugar pyrolysis?

by carburologue » 21/07/08, 20:43

Hi,

I made a pyrolise of the sugar and the residue is a black tar. Is it carbon ???
I also wanted to know if having done this at home is dangerous ???
Because I left the sugar decomposed long enough and at a fairly high temperature, there could have been released from co or co2 ??? and because of this I would have been intoxicated without my knowledge, thank you for answering me because I am worried.
I have a headache, is this normal ??? I specify that I was very close to my pan during my experience.
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 22/07/08, 00:07

Hello,

if you breathed CO, which I doubt with sugar (except having it burned in bad conditions), and that you have a headache, and that you are therefore not dead : Cheesy:, you just have to wait a dozen hours while remaining calm that the CO gives way to oxygen

When you say pyrolysis, did you burn it? or just heat?

http://krystale.palace.free.fr/html/bar/sucre.htm :

It is advisable to consume whole cane sugar because it contains all the nutrients contained in sugar cane: once processed and refined it contains 50 to 60 times less mineral salts and no more vitamins (rapadura contains vitamins B1, B2, B5 and E).

Comparative analysis of white and whole sugar in mg per 100g of sugar
------------------ white sugar whole sugar
Mineral salts 30 to 50 ----- 1 to 500
potassium (K) 3 to 5 ------- 600 to 1
magnesium (Mg) 0 ------ 60 to 130
calcium (Ca) 10 to 15 ------- 40 to 110
phosphorus (P) 0,3 ---------- 14 to 100
iron (Fe) 0,1 -------------- 4 to 40

it happened to me once with my boiler, when I was making adjustments with the flue open while breathing deeply, I fully feel a lack of air and good headaches
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 22/07/08, 03:07

Hello

I made a pyrolise of the sugar and the residue is a black tar. Is it carbon ???
I also wanted to know if having done this at home is dangerous ???

The method I used when I was very young 14 years old

Put sugar in pieces or powder in an airtight metal box with cover, a hole with a nail in the cover heat the box on an alcohol stove, it comes out a moment a gas through the hole, I turn it on it makes a little flame
after a while the flame goes out, all the sugar is transformed into caramel, then a kind of coke, carbon, which you can grind into a very fine powder, just rolled between two newspaper with a bottle.
I used this with weedkiller for the propulsion of my homemade rockets.

Andre
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/07/08, 18:45

[HS mode = On] Sodium chlorate and sugar actually, when we were cranky, we didn't even manage to burn ourselves or burn the fire with it ... even though it's not for lack of trying ... : Mrgreen: . Sugar too fine and too well mixed, it did not last as long ... : Mrgreen: We rather made a "car" with a roller skate rather than a rocket, and of course it had to go as far as possible ... The reactor was a bicycle seat tube filled up to the mouth and packed. : Mrgreen: [HS mode = OFF]
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 22/07/08, 22:04

Carburologist no longer gives news,

do you think he's intoxicated? : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 22/07/08, 22:35

to ignite the sugar, without having to heat it, just to light it with a lighter, you have to dab it just a little bit, very small with cigarette ash, and you just have to strike a match and the sugar ignites and burns
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 22/07/08, 23:32

Good evening,
in fact I heated it with little air and after a few moments it started to smoke. Then in the end, I ended up with a kind of coal, carbon surely; apart from that, ca feel better.
Otherwise the gas it hurts the head lol.
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."