Difficulties and bankruptcies of biofuel factories

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Difficulties and bankruptcies of biofuel factories

by Christophe » 25/06/08, 13:52

Too much speculation kills speculation?

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nbHR9TbHoA in the second part of this video from 2:2
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 25/06/08, 14:36

....... too much capitalism kills capitalism! :P
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 25/06/08, 16:05

I saw that in a FR2 JT recently (still want FR2 !! they do not say that salads it looks like).

Biofuel is biodiesel (HVB from rapeseed imported from the Czech Republic or from an Eastern country ..) and as the Germans have taxed this biodiesel available in stations (unlike France), the Germans who run on diesel consume less biodiesel.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/06/08, 22:14

Bonjour à tous

Meanwhile, it invests in ethanol:

The paragraph "Positive results" in the kind really unclear : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 26/06/08, 00:24

Awesome!

I'm going to be able to run my old petrol carriages with E85 carburetors without a kit.

On this blow, they screwed up our rulers. It should be known, it would avoid sending old cars in perfect working order to be scrapped to replace them with new ones "don't touch it"....if you know what I mean.

As I do not eat beet sugar but cane sugar (must they live our West Indians, although it is cane from Brazil?), I could well put a little bioethanol in my tank.
I agree (I zapped the wheat), but it would make a small part of biofuels and not agrofuels, everything is a matter of proportion, the rest is speculation.

However, if there is an E85 pump in my area I will modify it to run less than 5000 km / year (in all) my old carriages: local use.
Last edited by martien007 the 26 / 06 / 08, 10: 07, 1 edited once.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/06/08, 09:52

sorry martian you say anything and the article too ...

ethanol is not a biofuel it is a destructive AGRO-fuel with a negative balance. it is a gross backtracking.

in France no sugar cane, cristanol is wheat and corn, a heresy ...

all this to satisfy the lobby, to continue to drive up the price of wheat. It speculates at all costs, it is a real agro-economic weapon.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 09:54

+1 with Jonule, so look in the USA what it gives, ecologically, bioethanol: monoculture, soil depletion, questionable global CO2 balance, influence on food prices (= scarcity in certain corners of the world due to globalization prices)...

Finally, we better drink it !! :D : Mrgreen:

Now these current investments can, I hope, be converted into biofuel of 2nd and 3rd generation, they largely positive, moreover the article implies it right?

And let's be logical and honest: even if it is not THE solution, it is better that 250 million be invested in a bioethanol refinery than in an oil drilling!

martien007 wrote:I saw that in a FR2 JT recently (still want FR2 !! they do not say that salads it looks like).

So click on the link, it is, in my opinion, the same report !!

At the level of ethanol eco-balance, here are 2 links:
https://www.econologie.com/eco-bilan-bio ... -3256.html
https://www.econologie.com/eco-bilan-ene ... -3596.html
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 06 / 08, 10: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 26/06/08, 10:09

jonule wrote:sorry martian you say anything and the article too ...

ethanol is not a biofuel it is a destructive AGRO-fuel with a negative balance. it is a gross backtracking.

in France no sugar cane, cristanol is wheat and corn, a heresy ...

all this to satisfy the lobby, to continue to drive up the price of wheat. It speculates at all costs, it is a real agro-economic weapon.

Agree with you for agrofuels (I zapped the wheat). They should switch to biofuels.

However, if there is an E85 pump in my area, I will make the modification to run less than 5000 km / year (in all) my old carriages: local use.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 10:14

Anyway, making fuel with food plants is a huge bullshit: human or animal energy costs a lot more than fossil energy ...

I am very happy that some of you make the distinction that I proposed last December: https://www.econologie.com/agrocarburant ... -3575.html

ps: Martian did you correct your quotes on the other subject? : roll:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/06/08, 13:42

jonule wrote:[..] in France no sugar cane, cristanol is wheat and corn, a heresy ... [...]
Sorry but you too (partially) tell anything ...

In France (and in this region in particular) we also make ethanol from sugar beet, which is not a food crop and whose production is perhaps more interesting for this use. rather than stuffing us with sugar in food!

I do not know if the balance sheet is really better than for cereals, but at least it does not compete with food ...

And if they reuse the ancillary products (biomass) as they plan to do cogeneration production on the site itself, I think that it can indeed be interesting.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."