Are there French SMEs specialized in this sector?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
T.O.
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Are there French SMEs specialized in this sector?

by T.O. » 15/03/07, 19:46

Hello everybody

I have recently been interested (1 smn to be precise) about biofuel and photovoltaic panels. And I have a number of questions on it. : Cheesy:

I would like to know if you know any French SMEs that manufacture and market photovoltaic panels?
My research on the internet allowed me to find one (Photowatt) and to know that this subject interests large oil groups (Total, Shell and others surely) but I would like to know if there are SMEs in this sector.

Same question with biofuels. Are there SMEs that would manufacture them? I saw that Diester Industrie is the first producer of EMHV and works with Total but are there other producers? And what about the production of other types of biofuels (ETME, bioethanol ...)?

From what I understand, Brazil is really ahead on this subject with real political will. It's quite advanced in Sweden. In France we are also starting to move to respect European objectives. But do you have any updates on what's going on in Asia and Africa?

I just spent the day on this forum that I just found out and I am surely asking questions about things already said so please be indulgent.

One last question for the road, does the ETME require a modification of the gasoline engine before it can be used?

Thanks in advance ^^
T.O.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/03/07, 22:21

Currently, photovoltaic panels are not a rational means of producing electricity, except for isolated sites (not connected to EDF).
The performance of the panels is derisory (10 to 15% on average) and their prohibitive price does not (today) allow them to be amortized in less than 15 years! : Evil:

To make photovoltaic more profitable, you have to opt for solar concentration ... As you don't find it on the market, you have to build your own installation ...

For bio fuels in France, the only one that is rational is crude vegetable oil (HVB) also called pure vegetable oil (HVP). It is used in place of diesel. an HVB sector can operate without the use of petroleum or other fossil fuels. : Mrgreen:
All the other French sectors are pure scams which do not require consuming more than one liter of OIL to manufacture "1 liter of biofuel". : Evil: whether it is bioethanol, DME, ETME, EMHV ...

The Brasilene sector works thanks to sugar cane, the residues of which serve as a source of energy to run the processing factories. : Mrgreen:

This is not at all the case with sugar beet or wheat!
These sectors are developed by sugar or grain and seed lobbies who want to anticipate the reform of the common agricultural policy (CAP). They intend to live off subsidies to produce these fuels, the overall balance of which will be more polluting than using oil directly !!!
The announced end of the CAP aims toStop to subsidize (with our taxes) a type of agriculture hyper polluting (heavily using pesticides, fertilizers and other inputs). : Evil:
It would be more useful to use our taxes in really profitable sectors and especially NON-POLLUTING !!!
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."