Thierry Breton takes us for c ...

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
leplo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by leplo » 19/10/06, 12:22

Information relayed by Boursotruc, duck survey:

Wednesday October 18, 2006 (13:56 p.m.):
When Minister Breton inaugurates a canister pump for television cameras ...

Back to October 9. Porte d'Orléans, in Paris. Thierry Breton, Minister of the Economy and his colleague Dominique Bussereau, Minister of Agriculture, land with fanfare in a Total station. Where the CEO, Thierry Desmaret awaits them.

A scene far from being discreet, the press having been invited, in number.

Reason for this invitation to the press, paper, radio and television: the inauguration of the first E85 biofuel pump, "a famous ecological mixture composed of 85% ethanol and 15% traditional gasoline".

As Le Canard writes, the staging is perfect: Breton sits behind the wheel of a Mégane Renault prototype and moves towards the pump, then refills with biofuel. By emphasizing that 250 pumps such as this one will be on the territory at the latest in early 2008.

The same evening, in the news, subjects are devoted to this "event". Basically, a message to understand, the government is not kidding with the environment.

Return to Total station the next day.

The pump proudly displays its 0.80 euro per liter. But it does not deliver a drop of biofuel. Employees drive back the drivers who claim their green fuel, and invite them to come back in..several months.

Because what has - unintentionally of course ... - failed to specify Total and Minister Breton, is that the E85 is not about to sink. The marketing authorization has not been issued, and the price of biofuel and its taxation have not even been fixed.

Breton's cabinet swears that there was a misunderstanding and that the press mis-listed the information ...

Le Canard adds that for their comm 'in any case, Bercy and Total understood each other well. It is the Ministry of the Economy which had granted an exceptional exemption to Total to fill a tank of the station with biofuel just the time of the camera operation. "And this one finished, Customs asked us to pump the biofuel and empty the tank since it is forbidden to sell it, admits the oil group" ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/06, 12:53

Nothing suprising...

Sustainable development 0 - Total 1 ... as usual in fact right?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/10/06, 13:43

The fact that an individual cannot buy it now is not a new fact: it was clearly announced in Breton's speech accompanying the delivery of the Prost task force report that the taxation of E85 would be examined. "before the end of the year"and that the ethanol action plan would start"from 2007"...

Those who have not understood this should learn to read ... : roll:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 19/10/06, 14:25

may be a lumberjack,
but all this staging is still big anything propaganda limit and it lies to the consumer, total could have dare-dare remove the display of the price and even not display it at all.
Really from tdc.
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
leplo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by leplo » 19/10/06, 14:31

Woodcutter wrote:The fact that an individual cannot buy it now is not a new fact: it was clearly announced in Breton's speech accompanying the delivery of the Prost task force report that the taxation of E85 would be examined. "before the end of the year"and that the ethanol action plan would start"from 2007"...

Those who have not understood this should learn to read ... : roll:

Yep, well but that does not prevent that if he wanted to make us kiss, it is successful, right?

And then I was unaware personally, as well as my entourage, that an action plan was "on the way". Which amuses me, considering the tone with which this show was put on, like: Hep! Look, we are not out of date, continually lagging behind the rest of Europe ... Okay, I'm spreading out a bit.

The Irish have opened 9 pumps, them ... The English are imminent, as well as the Belgians, so I don't speak German.

I specify that I almost never read the duck chained but there it was worth it to buy it this time, I think I will frame it for my grandchildren.

It is true that there is the TGV, but good for driving "legally" green
we can always wait, this is the message that must be retained.

Sacred Breton goes!

It would make me laugh if ecology was a sham, but it seems that time is running out.
0 x
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 19/10/06, 14:40

I digitized the "flash" with our minister who went through one of the last turbo issues. I will pass it soon. We will be able to laugh about it in a few months seeing the trampled project and our "happy" ministers who were filling up in October 2006! : Evil:
0 x
Marty
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/06, 14:43

Woodcutter wrote:ethanol action plan ... (...) Those who have not understood that should learn to read ... : roll:

It all depends on what we mean not "action plan" ... is it in the field or in the paprasseries?

How long does it take to build a Bio-Ethanol plant?

The installation of pumps, the network, certification of producers, distributors, the sale of flex cars ... etc etc etc ... it will take months ... See tens of months ...

So assuming that the procedures in favor of E85 are authorized on January 1, 2007 ... it will surely not be the 1st of February that we will see the 1st E85 pump ....
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 19/10/06, 17:17

Just a thought from the post that I started typing and that passed self-censorship: It is not worth going so high and boasting of having done such high studies to get caught in do such clowning.
What will be the next farce of our "dear" politicians, from all sides? The race to the Elysée on an electric scooter?
Say we vote for it!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/10/06, 21:21

Right now, those who scream with the pack are doing only one thing: a trial of intent!

"Wait and see..."as our best enemies say, the Great Bretons ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/06, 21:26

Bougonnator wrote:Say we vote for it!

For those ... you mean? : Cheesy:

+1/2 only for Lumberjack ... because by dint of letting it happen we can quickly get to the "worst" ...
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."