Hynoca (Hydrogen No Carbon), VitrHydrogen

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Hynoca (Hydrogen No Carbon), VitrHydrogen

by thibr » 20/11/18, 20:38

Have you heard of this
https://www.lesechos.fr/pme-regions/innovateurs/0301967457894-vitry-le-francois-teste-la-production-dhydrogene-a-partir-de-biomasse-2203458.php
In the Marne, the VitrHydrogen consortium will produce hydrogen from 2019 using an innovative process for cracking biomass. Retained within the framework of the PIA, this project represents a global investment of 5,4 million euros, financed at 50% by ADEME.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hynoca (Hydrogen No Carbon), VitrHydrogen

by izentrop » 21/11/18, 19:39

Going up the links, we come to that https://blogrecherche.wp.imt.fr/2016/03 ... e-dechets/
The chain of transformation of waste into hydrogen is part of a natural process: anaerobic digestion. In an environment devoid of oxygen, micro-organisms degrade our waste and reject a gas, a mixture of carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4). It is this mixture that is called "biogas" ...
"The biogas is then purified of its polluting minority compounds such as hydrogen sulphide and normally it is necessary to eliminate the CO2, but the peculiarity of the Vabhyogaz process is to dispense with this expensive step" explains Didier Grouset. The chemist adds: "Instead, we directly carry the methane-carbon dioxide mixture under a pressure of 15 bar at 900 ° C by introducing steam, all on a nickel-based catalyst." Methane and water react to form carbon monoxide (CO) and the desired hydrogen (H2). This reaction is completed by the reaction at 200 ° C of CO with the remaining steam, to form again dihydrogen and CO2. The hydrogen produced therefore comes from both the waste and the water that has reacted ...
"Today, the partners have a prototype capable of producing 10 kg of pure dihydrogen per day," says the researcher. What to feed every day a handful of Kangoo electric hydrogen vehicles that would do more than 200 km daily. Didier Grouset recognizes that this "remains low compared to future needs", and that a production unit "becomes interesting, that is economically profitable, from 100 kg of dihydrogen per day".

Energy balance of all this? This subject has already been discussed in the subject "hydrogen train" it seems to me.

I feel that the difference is the particular who will finance it with household waste taxes and hypothetical carbon taxes ??
0 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 22/11/18, 00:28

Good evening,

I feel that the difference is the particular who will finance it with household waste taxes and hypothetical carbon taxes ??

this project represents a total investment of 5,4 million euros, 50% financed by Ademe.

in addition I do not see the point of transforming a "lean" gas but which can undoubtedly be burned in an engine as it is into a "more noble" gas but which poses a big problem of use ...

yves
1 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/11/18, 01:12

I agree with you it's the most logical and simplest option, but when I say carbon tax it's because
Confirmation of environmental performance is
one of the expected objectives. The project will allow
to validate the overall energy efficiency (of 85% between
incoming energy and process products
HYNOCA®). The decrease in greenhouse gas emissions
greenhouse is also an important element of the benefits
(targets lower than 0,3 kgeCO2 / kgH2 against
10 kgeCO2 / kgH2 currently by the methods of
steam reforming of methane). https://www.ademe.fr/sites/default/file ... rogene.pdf
Will the objectives be achieved? and in the end it is our taxes that finance the ADEME.

The hydrogen train is already in service when we do not know if this process is efficient and profitable?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 22/04/23, 17:00

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 16-55-05 The Chained Duck N°5345 April 19, 2023.png
Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 16-55-05 Le Canard enchaîné N°5345 April 19, 2023.png (463.38 KiB) Consulted 1461 times
1 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."