Recycled vegetable oil in diesel common rail ...

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Recycled vegetable oil in diesel common rail ...

by Macro » 14/09/17, 10:21

Hi all ... That's it I jumped the pace ... I adapted a common rail diesel plant oil ... The system is a relatively conventional system with two tanks ... However I had to solve some quite complicated technical problems.
- To find an 12V electric pump capable of pumping vegetable oil at the same rate as the original pumps immersed in the tank, ie between 200 and 300l / h in a continuous manner.
- the quantities of fuel injected being on these engines very precisely controlled in fct of the air mass flow, diets, T ° of fuel, the engine and a whole lot of other parameters ... the loss of power was quite important .. On a vehicle 1T4 and only 105cv ... What's more serves me very often with a big trailer ... It was painful ...
So with a help we redid a mapping that corrects the quantities injected in Fct of the T ° of the fuel (because even if the calculation is parametré to increase a can the quantities injected in fct of the T ° of fuel he did not know any more manage beyond 65 ° C or I inject the HV to 80 °) and we have corrected the preinjection advances and those of the main injection (+ 3 ° approximately).
For the moment I am running with an "average" map to allow driving with both products without it smoking too much on diesel ... But it is planned to double the capacity of the computer's eprom and thus have 2 maps a quasi stock (I will not deprive myself of a bit of additional torque anyway) and another on which I will switch when I run at HV and which will be 100% adapted to this product according to the different parameters fuel, increase in advance, higher rail pressure to allow better spraying and thus manage to inject the same volume (see a little more as the pcm of the hv is less than that of the GO) during the timming than diesel in fact it consists of a can keep a modern mode of operation with diesel fuel and get closer to an old-fashioned diesel with the HV ...
The first thousands of KM are rather encouraging ... The car behaves well the couple with heavy loads (big trailer full of rubble) is where it should be and the smell of frying in normal rolling is relatively limited ... By against that I arrive in town the no way you must go back to petrol ... A lot of imbrulé manifested by blue smoke after a slow of a few seconds ...

In short for me..It is a success ... still perfectible ... And still developing ...

The focus element by element took me an enormous time ... It is a reason why I was a little absent lastly ...

Voila..If interested in the world I could put some pictures ..
Already a plan of the hydraulic network ... the classic for the insiders ... Apart from the two pressure regulators..Car the hydraulic pump used can push 50bars ... There are not many diesel filters that would support and even less conventional fuel pipes ...
SKMBT_C224e17072808160.jpg
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Flytox

Re: Vegetable oil recycled in diesel ramp comune ...

by Flytox » 14/09/17, 12:30

Yes for photos :P
Not understand how you heat 80 ° on your diagram.
Are you doing a load book for pollution? As you describe the realization is still very perfectible on this side there.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/09/17, 13:50

In fact I only heat the HV with the "modine" which is in fact normally a cooler for the engine oil that I have grafted on the filter holder. In addition in the tank I adapted an anti-thawing bowl which works by venturi effect on the return the product returning hot to the tank even with the dilution in 1H the tank of 40litres was found at 70 ° this summer. The HP and common rail pump heats the fuel enormously, which can be found at more than 110 ° (in diesel) at the level of the return unit (place where the fuel T ° sensor is located to send the information back to the computer). During the engine warm-up phase, when I run on diesel, I turn on the hydraulic pump and the HV is heated by the filter holder the pressure regulator at the outlet pouring the flow from the pump to the tank return ... photos the installation while it was running (you will see all the pipes are not necessarily connected ...)
The reservoir
IMG_20170820_155314.jpg

the original pump a robot pump box selespeed to which I tinkered a heatsink and a ventillo pc
IMG_20170724_220713.jpg

Some views of the engine
IMG_20161010_133820.jpg
IMG_20161010_133825.jpg
IMG_20161010_133832.jpg
IMG_20161010_133848.jpg

the control panel ... Two buttons one green which controls the start of the HV pump
an orange that feeds the two EVs in and out and that cuts off the original GO booster pump from HV
IMG_20170803_102428.jpg
IMG_20170803_102428.jpg (10.26 KB) Viewed times 11799
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/09/17, 13:59

In terms of perfecting the thing in terms of combustion ... It can only pass by the development of the system of Bi cartography ... and it will still be quite empirical ... Because a lot of mechanical elements and sensors will arrive at limits. For example the HP pump can not get out more than 1450bars, in terms of advance regulation I am dependent on the number of points on the flywheel seen by the flywheel sensor ...........
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/09/17, 17:12

Confirmation of the heating at 80 ° (because unless I plug my PC into the socket obd I have no supervision of the T °) dashboard has 90 ° our LDR
T ° taken on the aluminum manifold at the cylinder head outlet to the radiator 96 ° on the aluminum fitting of the HV filter outlet 86 ... at the return to the tank (after about 6m of pipe flowing under the car) 68 ° ..Au 66 tank departure ° after 45mn use of the car with about 35litres in the tank ... Well these are measures taken with an infra-red gun reading can vary between two materials but I stay on identical materials. .and the touch ... It's coherent ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/09/17, 01:53

Much simpler you buy an 190D like mine (1800 €) and you have nothing to do on it ....

It turns to 100% rapeseed oil (for example) in addition it smells good the .... fried and the engine becomes very creamy

Restart in dry state with hand pump operation guaranteed and tested by me at 200m of the house with refueling in cooking rapeseed.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/09/17, 09:14

Ben if you want ... There is also the beef with the cart behind ... In addition you can warm up by drying the dung ..

For 1800 € .... I have 2 alfa156 jtd of the generation of mine ... Much more powerful, comfortable and much easier to drive on bad roads than an old panzer of mercury 190 ..And when it takes to roll with diesel ... It's 6.5l / 100 ... The Zalleumandeu ... It's for my wife and my kid ... And, for the strong% ages without modification ... My kid tried in his old golf 2TD ... Engine rinsed in 50 000km with the HV 75% winters 90% the summer ... The starts with cold cause unstubbed which are found to calaminer the grooves of segments segments which wear out, cylinders iced , engine that eats oil, fucks under pressure and pisses the oil quickly by all joints spy .... the block is still open in my workshop if you want to come see the damage ...

And I like the ease .... That's why I like Italian cars ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/09/17, 12:48

Ah Alfa if you take me by the feelings .... Image

That said seriously if you have a 156 jtd 900 €, correctly mileage and in good condition I really want to look more closely ...

The only one that I found on the BC is from 2005 to 1500 € and 302 000km

I also found an 190 from 91 with 234 000 km to 1900 €

So in summary a 156 jtd around 200 km and 000 € and which rolls with various and varied oils like the 900 I look very very closely Image
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/09/17, 13:29

the first 156 date from 1997 mine is a 1.9 105cv SW phase 1 from 2001 I bought it in March 2010 at 248000km 1300 € with the front end to be redone, I tightened the engine last year at 340 000km after 90km made with mixtures of 000 to 30% HV and especially after having omitted to drain it for 65km ... Engine that I replaced with a 45000 bought at a low price on lbc ... The one you show us is a phase180 ... normally they are a bit more "rated" ... But hey it is sure that you will not have the same peace of mind with the HV as with a panzer merco indirect injection and in-line pump. .. even if the engine is in my opinion very reliable .... Their major defect is linked to the complexity and to the optimization of their running gear ... These cars are as if they were running on rails ... against the moving parts of suspensions are of a fragility and endurance .... To say inadmissibly limited ... And not particularly easy to change ... But me ... Ye loves it bi in my italian ... Today ... They are very often, for a large part, gone to the crusher for a pmh sensor has 000 balls or a triangle silenblock at 2 € ...

Just the same ... 500 € : Mrgreen: and this one is luxury ... Leather roof bars ...
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1181566742.htm?ca=7_s
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/09/17, 14:03

Macro wrote:the first 156 date from 1997 mine is a 1.9 105cv SW phase 1 from 2001 I bought it in March 2010 at 248000km 1300 € with the front end to be redone, I tightened the engine last year at 340 000km after 90km made with mixtures of 000 to 30% HV and especially after having omitted to drain it for 65km ... Engine that I replaced with a 45000 bought at a low price on lbc ... The one you show us is a phase180 ... normally they are a bit more "rated" ... But hey it is sure that you will not have the same peace of mind with the HV as with a panzer merco indirect injection and in-line pump. .. even if the engine is in my opinion very reliable .... Their major defect is linked to the complexity and to the optimization of their running gear ... These cars are as if they were running on rails ... against the moving parts of suspensions are of a fragility and endurance .... To say inadmissibly limited ... And not particularly easy to change ... But me ... Ye loves it bi in my italian ... Today ... They are very often, for a large part, gone to the crusher for a pmh sensor has 000 balls or a triangle silenblock at 2 € ...

Just the same ... 500 € : Mrgreen: and this one is luxury ... Leather roof bars ...
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1181566742.htm?ca=7_s

But do not forget ... You do not buy an alfa..Tu marry you with ...
0 x