For John Deere the HVB is not synonymous with ecology!

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

For John Deere the HVB is not synonymous with ecology!

by lau » 25/11/05, 11:20

http://www.image-dream.com/membre/up/ta ... -huile.jpg

Edit by Christophe: inaccessible image, when I insist on using our image host it's not for nothing ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/05, 12:08

Interesting article which proves once again the collusion engine-oil tankers-State ....

Too bad the quality of the scan is quite low ...

ps: in which duck was it?
Last edited by Christophe the 25 / 11 / 05, 14: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 25/11/05, 13:07

Okay it's a petroleum-state plot ;-) but I would still like to know the results at the NOx and particle level etc. If there are some who have them, I am interested.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/05, 14:09

Ben asks John Deere's BE :)

The increase noted by JD in Nox (temperature + high) is in contradiction with the fouling of the engine (temperature + low) .... However the article claims that the 2 phenomena occur with oil and self therefore contradicts ...

By cons viscosity level we obviously agree but the problem is easily overcome ...

Finally, talk about respecting the "anti-pollution" standards for an engine manufacturer who works exclusively with fossil fuels (he is American so ... Kyoto he doesn't care) makes me smile gently... Ok the HVB in an engine not designed for it may not be ideal but, as they seem smarter, they only have to develop a specific HVB engine!

Eslbett tried with more or less success ... Technological success but commercial failure ... pkoi?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 25/11/05, 15:06

this is an article published on the "agricultural vaucluse" in October.

My scan was good, don't hesitate to enlarge the image.

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/05, 15:11

Strange with me the rendering by clicking on the link of your 1st message is not really top ... with the 2nd link it's bcp better, thank you :)

I was now able to read the 1st column better ... ahhh make me laugh at these ricans (even if it's French people who are interviewed) when they talk about economy / ecology:

"We reduced consumption (specific I suppose) from 2 to 5% ... and we increased the power from 225 to 330 against 208 to 305 (or 8% more respectively in the 2 cases ...)" So All in all, the consumption of their tractor increases ... (well, the farmer is supposed to work faster, therefore less, so in the end there may be a gain ...)

It's a bit like the 250 hp hybrid or the exhaust turbine system which recovers lost energy but only at high power ... What is the econological interest?
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 25/11/05, 16:17

It is true that the oil burns badly. It tends to leave a "sticky rubbery" layer on the walls, even by heating it beforehand. Hello state of the piping after :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/05, 16:23

Oil burns less well than GO in engines which have been designed to burn GO, it is quite possible but if the engine has been well optimized (preheating and advance) it is not a certainty ... Many oil users find that their car smokes less and is more flexible after modification ...

But rather see these engines: http://www.elsbett.com/ engines that have been designed to burn oil ....

"Being the pioneers of vegetable oil technology, we are dedicated to the conversion of Diesel engines for vegetable oil operations for more than 20 years now. With our modern conversion kits, we offer competitive, perfected solutions to run your engines on vegetable oil - be it for a wide range of cars, trucks, or other utility vehicles. Welcome to the world of vegetable oil technology! "
0 x
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 25/11/05, 16:43

In any case, what I know from John Deere is that currently a PhD student has been hired on the subject of alternative fuels (Design office located near Orleans).
The student in question works on fuel oil and .... water doping by SPAD system !!
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 25/11/05, 16:46

bob_isat wrote:The student in question works on fuel oil and .... water doping by SPAD system !!

Very very interesting ....
0 x