Inverter and boiler Okofen pellets

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
yann16
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Inverter and boiler Okofen pellets

by yann16 » 18/11/09, 09:13

Hello,

Following the installation of my Okofen boiler, 25kw, the salesperson of this brand advised me more than strongly, to install an inverter in order to protect the very sensitive electronic part of this boiler.
My question, more than knowing whether normal or not, is what type of inverter (apart from power), should it be installed for real protection (offline / online / line interactive). The boiler works in 10A. Should the inverter have 10A outputs ...

According to the commercial, it is more to give a good shape to the electrical signal, eliminate overvoltages, or undervoltage and micro cuts ...

Thank you in advance for all your answers
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 18/11/09, 09:26

he has a brother-in-law who sell inverters : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

without laughing, it seems superabundant to me. moreover, the day when there is a real problem like a thunderstorm, I am not even sure that the inverter will serve as a fuse for the boiler.

just put a good quality arrester on the outlet that feeds your boiler and point bar.

at the power level, if you have the model with aspiration, attention, the power is important (I don't know the value anymore) during the aspiration (5 minutes per day)
0 x
Click my signature
yann16
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yann16 » 18/11/09, 09:38

Thank you for your answer:

with regard to power, this is the fine screw model (I think its power is around 1700/1800 watt / day: so not huge.

Regarding the point of view of the commercial, he says that if the computer part and other electronics were damaged in the future, because really very sensitive, and as I live in the countryside, there is a good chance for that Okofen is released from its guarantee if not protected by an inverter ... In summary, it will be assumed that it will come automatically from electricity and not from their machine ...

Hence my question on the inverter and the amperage of the sockets .... So I allow myself all the same to rest the question on what type of inverter, then after I will see ... Even if I find a lot of coffee from having to add 150/250 euros to protect a boiler which is billed 9000 euros, without the rest ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/11/09, 10:12

Well if I'm not wrong, the inverter that offers the best protection is an "online"
The "offline" are content to switch on battery when they detect an over / under voltage, most often by a simple relay, in other words that it does not protect much apart from power cuts.
The "interactive thing" I don't know what that corresponds to, and if I could be wrong, for me it looks more like a commercial argument than a real technology (like "car radio salesman watt")

But to be truly protected, I would say that you need a good category 1 arrester at the top of the table, coupled with an excellent earth electrode, and a category 2 arrester just before the boiler and its possible inverter.

For the power of the inverter difficult to say. It must at least support the current absorbed by the boiler when all its equiments are on, and without this data it is impossible to comment.
We can do it with a ladle by adding the power of everything that is controlled by the boiler (circulator, screw motor, etc ...) but there it is the same, it takes the technical data, we can not guess.
0 x
yann16
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yann16 » 18/11/09, 10:37

Thank you for your answer...

Regarding the power of the inverter, I have these elements (roughly an 250 / 300w output is sufficient .... However, if the boiler works in 10A must that the output of the inverter is in 10A (indeed number of inverter sort in 7A) ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/11/09, 12:08

Do not confuse the rating of the supply line protection with the power absorbed by the boiler.
Even if these two values ​​are related they have little to do with each other.

You should know that in a domestic installation, the circuit breakers and fuse of the distribution board are used to protect the lines (the wires) and not the devices that are connected to it (which are supposed to have their own protection)
So if you are asked for a 10A line, you know that the absorbed current will never exceed this value, but it can also be much lower.

300W at 230V it's 1.3A
If you want to find an inverter that comes out 10A you need one of 2300W ... it starts to be a big inverter.
Computer inverters commonly found on the market are between 500 and 800VA (2.2A to 3.5A)

To simplify P = U x I with
P = power in watts
U = voltage in Volts (here 230V from the mains)
I = Intensity in Amperes
0 x
yann16
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yann16 » 18/11/09, 12:39

So to summarize, needless to fall an inverter according to the amperage of its output, but only its power must be logical with what will be consumed ....? ... I fool?

:| : Cry:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 18/11/09, 13:45

yann16 wrote:Thank you for your answer:

with regard to power, this is the fine screw model (I think its power is around 1700/1800 watt / day: so not huge.

Watt / day, I don't know. you probably want to talk about Wh / day. it is a unit of energy and not of power so that does not really inform us.

yann16 wrote:with regard to the point of view of the salesman, he affirms that if the computer part and other electronics were damaged, in the future, because really very sensitive, and as I live in the countryside, there is a good chance that Okofen will be released from its guarantee if not protected by an inverter... ...

that would surprise me. I suggest you call Okofen France in Barberaz (73) to find out their point of view, but I have never heard of it. it doesn't even seem legal to me. At that time, darty has only to say that they refuse to guarantee you your TV and your computer if they are not ps on inverter.
this is n'importenawak.
0 x

Click my signature
yann16
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yann16 » 18/11/09, 13:53

yes it is about his consumption day ...

For the rest, it is the representative of Poitou-Charentes Okofen ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Okofen pellet inverter and boiler

by Alain G » 18/11/09, 14:00

yann16 wrote:Hello,

Following the installation of my Okofen boiler, 25kw, the salesperson of this brand advised me more than strongly, to install an inverter in order to protect the very sensitive electronic part of this boiler.
My question, more than knowing whether normal or not, is what type of inverter (apart from power), should it be installed for real protection (offline / online / line interactive). The boiler works in 10A. Should the inverter have 10A outputs ...

According to the commercial, it is more to give a good shape to the electrical signal, eliminate overvoltages, or undervoltage and micro cuts ...

Thank you in advance for all your answers

Hello Yann!

What is this bullshit!

You will put an inverter and then they will defend themselves by saying that you have not chosen the right one !!

Surely they have a problem with their electronics and their solution is the best bullshit I have heard so far.

My brother-in-law to an electric / oil dual-energy furnace and the electronic card was stuck in his face at the age of 3, he told me about it the last time it happened and I repaired and modified the card that has been working for 4 years without problems, it's stupid as they put the problems on the back of customers for a bad design at the start. : Evil:

Your card probably has poor filtration in its supply or too weak or poorly cooled components as it is too often the case. :|
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain