mini wind

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
In the wind
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

mini wind

by In the wind » 10/10/09, 14:25

Hello,
I would like to build a mini wind turbine intended only to directly feed a lighthouse (for example a motorcycle) itself intended to light the wind turbine in operation. No batteries therefore, but a bulb whose intensity would vary according to the strength of the wind. My knowledge of electricity is close to zero, but better in mechanics.
I have an idea to use an old car alternator (or an old dynamo?) To produce electricity, but I'm not sure if this project is feasible and especially how to proceed…
Can someone enlighten me?! ...
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 10/10/09, 21:13

Hi Danslevent,

If it's just for fun, maybe you could try fitting a propeller on a dynamo torch, you know, the lamps that recharge by turning a crank.

A+
0 x
In the wind
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mini wind turbine

by In the wind » 11/10/09, 10:52

No, in fact, I would like it to illuminate much more than that, I would like the wind turbine to be fully lit at night. that's why a bicycle dynamo is not powerful enough.
And installing blades directly at the end of a bicycle dynamo would not work: the wind turbine would not rotate quickly enough.
It is necessary to install a reduction system of the pedals type of bicycle on the blades and small pinion on the alternator.
I don't like shortening days!
0 x
proff
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Mini windmill

by proff » 13/10/09, 19:22

Danslevent wrote:No, in fact, I would like it to illuminate much more than that, I would like the wind turbine to be fully lit at night. that's why a bicycle dynamo is not powerful enough.
And installing blades directly at the end of a bicycle dynamo would not work: the wind turbine would not rotate quickly enough.
It is necessary to install a reduction system of the pedals type of bicycle on the blades and small pinion on the alternator.
I don't like shortening days!

with a couroie and a large plate on the wind turbine and a small one on the dynamo it seems feasible to me but all depends on the size of your lighthouse
0 x