Promote renewable energies in business

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Promote renewable energies in business

by futuranat » 02/09/09, 14:41

This is the kind of subject where I know very well that there is a XNUMX/XNUMX chance that a moderator will tell me that it exists elsewhere, but since I can't find
While looking for info on geothermal energy, I came across this article http://www.francebtp.com/materiels/e-do ... -tertiaire speaking of a France geothermal solution for tertiary boxes.
What particularly challenged me was that I realized that we put all our energy into making our homes eco-compatible but that we forget our businesses too quickly.

Are there people here who have already launched steps in their boxes so that they adopt this kind of "clean" solutions?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/09, 15:28

Lost there is not elsewhere (to my knowledge) : Cheesy:

On the other hand we had a similar thing on the "administrations" style school, town hall, political ... which generally do not give a damn about their energy consumption but which distribute bonuses and encourage the equipment ... find the error !

Cf simple glazing ... in the Senate ...

Paradoxical, right?

I even made a new one: https://www.econologie.com/economie-d-en ... -3720.html
0 x
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by futuranat » 04/09/09, 15:08

Magnificent single glazing in the Luxembourg garden, high class :)
In fact, we would have to find a way to go beyond the line. For example, a very simple little calculator showing what certain works cost and the gain behind (yes, it works like that a business :) ). When it comes to glazing, for example, it doesn't have to be super complicated to make them understand what they could gain with good insulation.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/09/09, 19:38

Certainly, but in these turbulent times, companies find it difficult to invest.
It is also a question of selection criteria: a digital lathe, for example, will cost 100.000 euros, but it will be amortized in 4-5 years and allow the company to progress.
On the other hand, investing 50.000 euros in solar panels, which will produce 2000 euros of electricity per year, less obvious.

On the other hand, in the new buildings, we think about it: I think for example of a Liège company which, for its new establishment has automatically played the insulation card, Canadian well, PV panels, bay windows, transparent roofs, offices studied according to feng sui, etc ...
But it is a straw in an investment over 20 years.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/09, 19:46

futuranat wrote:Magnificent single glazing in the Luxembourg garden, high class :)
In fact, we would have to find a way to go beyond the line. For example, a very simple little calculator showing what certain works cost and the gain behind (yes, it works like that a business :) ). When it comes to glazing, for example, it doesn't have to be super complicated to make them understand what they could gain with good insulation.

Yeah beautiful!

A little video for those who missed the thing: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/econolo ... iquey_news

Listen carefully to the "wages" ...

The photos were taken by us in early March 2009 in Paris ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/09/09, 20:19

Christophe wrote:
On the other hand we had a similar thing on the "administrations" style school, town hall, political ... which generally do not give a damn about their consumption

HM hm. I have a cough !!!!!! But I don't choke on myself.

The Lycée Agricole d'Obernai (public - therefore free) has:

- a wood-chip boiler
- solar water heaters and green roofs
- a new BBC wing (boarding school, refectory) (with a central unit that automatically manages the shutters, presence sensors, etc.)
- a 600 m² photovoltaic roof (self-funded by the establishment)

So what you say is true. But not absolute. Often because the public park is one of the oldest, that the credits are limited (eh, nobody wants to pay more taxes, I think I understood on the thread "carbon tax" for example). Sometimes because the buildings are historical monuments (Senate, Elysé, etc ...). So let's relativize a little bit ...

And do not forget a pernicious effect of public accounting: the one who invests is not the one who pays for the operation.
In our case, the construction depends entirely on the Alsace Region (fortunately "progressive" on the subject) which is "owner". They decide everything and pay for everything! But consumables (fuel, gas, electricity, etc ...) are paid by the establishment from the operating budget, which is "fixed" (number of students, surfaces, etc ...).

So the Region could have an "interest" in putting the cheapest for its construction budget, and let the establishment manage with the operation.

Fortunately, this reasoning did not prevail. Something we owe - among other things - to the late president, who was convinced of renewable energies ... (it was an agro, for the record).
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/09/09, 21:51

In Belgium, one of the problems (which I denounced a few days ago to the ad hoc minister) is the following:
in a school, for example, heated with fuel, we do not try to save money, lest the heating endowment be reduced the following year (and therefore, we cannot heat if winter is harder )
the same goes for the military: vehicles are driven or stolen for nothing at the end of the month to "get" the same amount of fuel the following month.

anecdote: many years ago (1990s), one of my clients, prefect of a particularly badly designed high school in the early 70s (just before the first oil shock) told me that she had ordered the commissary not to pay the gas bills to "trigger a reaction in high places". Phone call from the gas company - my client explains her action. Failed, the gas company did not have the right to cut its supply as it could have done for any ruined pensioner: public building!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/09, 08:42

Did67 wrote:HM hm. I have a cough !!!!!! But I don't choke on myself.

The Lycée Agricole d'Obernai (public - therefore free) has:

- a wood-chip boiler
- solar water heaters and green roofs
- a new BBC wing (boarding school, refectory) (with a central unit that automatically manages the shutters, presence sensors, etc.)
- a 600 m² photovoltaic roof (self-funded by the establishment)

It is "just" the exception that proves the rule ...
Does Obernai City Hall have double glazed frames?

Did67 wrote:So what you say is true. But not absolute.

That's why I said "generally" :)

Did67 wrote:Sometimes because the buildings are historic monuments (Senate, Elysé, etc ...).

We would know, by putting the price, very well make wood-aluminum frames for example which largely respect the image of the facade while having very good thermal performance.

But you're right: it is better to leave the wooden frames at the Senat where the paint comes off ...

I especially believe that the guys who manage the building budgets of "high politics" have so much money that they MUST spend that they don't give a damn about doing renovations ... as long as we pay their mismanagement ... it's good! : Evil:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/09/09, 19:38

Christophe wrote:
It is "just" the exception that proves the rule ...
Does Obernai City Hall have double glazed frames?

1) There are other exceptions ...

2) Private buildings, on average, do you think it's better ??? I am not convinced at all!

3) The town hall, precisely, a historic monument. Glazing, I don't remember ... I even wonder if there are no stained glass!

But the town hall, during round tables, conferences, etc. banished small bottles of water. The water (from the tap, I think) is served in jugs! Yes sir ! (PS: I am not a citizen of Obernai, even if I work there, even less politically engaged, so I say that like that)
0 x
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Public versus private?

by futuranat » 07/09/09, 11:31

Fairly agree with you, in the "public against private" battle, a little commitment makes it easier to move the public sector than the private sector.
Afterwards, I also think that this kind of approach requires humility. OK, I have installed a France Geothermal heat pump that works perfectly, but does that mean that the world must behave like me? I'm not sure. If I want to convince my company to be more respectful of the environment, I have the impression that I have to detach myself from my example to get closer to the real needs of the company.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."