Questions about multi-tank hot water storage -Multi Drum

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Questions about multi-tank hot water storage -Multi Drum

by owen » 18/06/09, 13:05

I have read this:

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Sp ... orageb.pdf

This speaks of the storage of hot water in multiple rainwater tanks.

Has anyone of you experienced this technique?

If so, could you share your experiences.

The subject interests me.

Thank you
0 x
phicher
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Questions on multi tank hot water storage - Multi D

by phicher » 31/12/09, 14:38

This speaks of the storage of hot water in multiple rainwater tanks.
Has anyone of you experienced this technique?
If so, could you share your experiences.
The subject interests me.

I know this is done in Germany (where I live for a while):
16 hot water stored in summer for heating in winter, heated by solar water heater panels.
The tank, waterproof of course, super insulated, is made of brick. 16m3, in the house, it's about 3mx3mx2m ...
On the other hand, Dutch market gardeners heat their greenhouses in this way. On each side of the greenhouse a large buried tank.
The excess summer heat is used to heat water which is stored in a tank. In winter the hot water, passing through the greenhouse, cooled so is transferred to the other tank, and the following summer we start again.
So not only is it possible but it already does.
PS I’m interested too.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 31/12/09, 16:07

This is a good example for some who claim that solar energy cannot be stored ...

And in addition, ice can also be stored at -20 ° C or even less with low losses. In my region, there are natural ice holes, next to the ruins of a village that is unknown to archaeologists and historians ... These ice holes are natural, and not only conserve but make ice every month August.

For the sizing of heat storage tanks, they should be dimensioned so that the incompressible losses are equal to the heating need, by building them from the start in the middle of the house.

Besides, I heard that a TV report in Germany recently showed a house designed around a well insulated central concrete wall, made to store heat in the mass. It's the same idea, but with a density even greater than water.
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/12/09, 18:53

there are materials heavier than water but the specific heat is lower: water has the best volume heat

the big advantage of water is that it can be pumped easily: we can exchange it whenever we want or want it

I would love to see this system for greenhouse, I think that it does not make a real heating to 20 ° like a house but that it delays the cooling

the large water tank is a good complement to the heat pump: even when it is no longer hot enough to heat alone it is still enough to give the heat pump a huge cop

to invent, really reversible heat pump transforming into a heat engine when the sun heats up very hot and we have cold water to heat
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 31/12/09, 19:02

chatelot16 wrote:there are materials heavier than water but the specific heat is lower: water has the best volume heat

But concrete does not spread in the room like water ... normally :-)

chatelot16 wrote:to invent, really reversible heat pump transforming into a heat engine when the sun heats up very hot and we have cold water to heat

Already done :-)
http://www.eneftech.com/
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/01/10, 01:06

we can't invent anything quiet there is always one to do it before!

except that I wondered if the scroll could have a non-zero efficiency in engine: in compressor its development was laborious

however the first scroll patent was a steam engine: patented but which may never have worked

I prefer the good old piston: the valve distribution system can regulate the speed like a steam engine: with the scroll no means of regulation except to close more or less a tap on the intake
0 x