Parameter setting TEM Paradigma Ökofen

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
vanagaz1961
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Parameter setting TEM Paradigma Ökofen

by vanagaz1961 » 22/12/08, 21:33

Bonjour,
: Arrow: considering the different comments and posts found on this forum about Ökofen and Paradigma boiler regulations,
I provide you with the basic parameters of the manufacturer, transformed and adapted by me, in order to optimize the regulation of your pellet / wood boilers:
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... QEKE8H.xls
: Arrow: Indeed, the basic regulation of ökofen and Paradigma is a Swiss manufacturing regulation: TEM.
it should be noted that this regulation is the best currently in the management of wood / pellet boilers.

:!: the basic code to go to level 5/6 and 7 is 000.
:!: :!: please respect scrupulously the data marked with an *.
: Idea: changes to these parameters are your sole responsibility and may, in the event of incorrect configuration, invalidate the manufacturer's warranty

8) For the rest, we are between trusted people and with the aim of improving the efficiency and quality of heating of our respective installations.
good work and good research.
Pierre
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/12/08, 08:47

it's nice to have put the parameters of the doc in an Excel table. it will save me from doing it (until now, I had noted them on the doc)
on the other hand I don't see tes own settings but just the factory settings, several of which are generally not suitable (already discussed on the forum) notably 3.4 and 3.6

I would add that this concerns TEM regulators type PM2940 or 2945.
I do not know if the new regulations mounted on okofen (E1224) are from okofen development or if it is from TEM or from someone else.
I received the doc yesterday. not yet had time to look at the differences. I'll put it for download just in case.
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... Cd4LYs.pdf
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/08, 10:40

dirk pitt wrote:it's nice to have put the parameters of the doc in an Excel table. it will save me from doing it (until now, I had noted them on the doc)

I received the doc yesterday. not yet had time to look at the differences. I'll put it for download just in case.
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... Cd4LYs.pdf

1) Yes, nice ...

2) I would not say that the "3-6" is not suitable. It is factory zero because the room sensor is an option. What is dramatic is that the majority of installers do not know that it must be set to 3 to 5 for the room sensor to act!

3) A person on the forum (chaboum?) put it online (or on a mp). I went through it. A priori, the big find is the setting of the valve opening / closing speed and ... the possibility of programming the absence periods (the heating remains in reduced mode until the programmed day and .. the possibility of remote control by GSM (to copy Hargassner).

I did not find in the document the solution to my problem: a delta between the temperature at which the valve closes and that at which the boiler starts (ideally, about 3 or 4 ° C more to take into account the inertia).

This, after a quick read ... It is still not an exciting novel, this kind of literature!
0 x
vanagaz1961
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by vanagaz1961 » 23/12/08, 17:33

Hello, back to you with the requested information:
: Arrow: the installer booklet in "factory" version

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... TUfnGw.pdf

: Arrow: My configuration sheet with the modifications made by me for my installations.
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... rtscCm.xls

: Oops: For the long winter evenings, in the evening at the bottom of the woods, at the back of the boiler room, while waiting for Father Kwismas trapped in the fireplace with his hood.

Good job and Merry Christmas
Pierre : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/08, 18:06

vanagaz1961 wrote: meanwhile Father Kwismas trapped in the chimney with his hood.

Stone: mrgreen:

Well wow, he didn't know that with my PESK 15, there was only 80 casing! Not big, the gift !!!!

1) Thank you again.

2) So this confirms that we can "push" parameter 5-8. I am also at 12.

3) The TEM manual for the Paradigma repeats, a little better presented, the TEM manual for Okofen. Nothing new. The little colored buttons are nice and make it easier to read. But page 33 for example, I still did not understand why the table below example says "base of curve = 30 ° C" whereas on the diagram, it is 25 which is gray and that with D, one would fall on a slope of 1,5. And not 1,6. Not clear, this case ...

And page 39, always the same bullshit: they give the rule for calculating the compensation, but the paragraph ends with "(Factory setting = 0) Do not modify this setting" !!!! And they are surprised that the majority of installers do not correct and that customers are surprised that their boiler does not react ... I thought it was translation bugs on the version I had, but I see that it's general ... Will someone tell them one day?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/08, 20:37

Did67 wrote:
But page 33 for example, I still did not understand why the table below example says "base of curve = 30 ° C" whereas on the diagram, it is 25 which is gray and that with D, one would fall on a slope of 1,5. And not 1,6. Not clear, this case ...

And page 39, always the same bullshit: they give the rule for calculating the compensation, but the paragraph ends with "(Factory setting = 0) Do not modify this setting" !!!! And they are surprised that the majority of installers do not correct and that customers are surprised that their boiler does not react ... I thought it was translation bugs on the version I had, but I see that it's general ... Will someone tell them one day?

I just stuffed the manual in German:

1) There is the same diagram, with the same gray, except that below, the climatic zone is indeed zone E (- 8 ° C) and the base of the curve is indeed 25 ° C !!!! So in German everything is consistent. I do not know who was able to get away with the figures in a copy / paste.

2) Ditto for page 39, most of it has been skipped:

Recommendations (for parameter 3-6):

No compensation: 0
Heated floors: 1 to 4
Radiators / low compensation: 1 to 3
Radiators / average compensation: 4 to 6
Radiators / strong compensation: 7 to 9

And obviously, at the end of the paragraph, there is no question of not changing this parameter (in my opinion, this is an abusive copy / paste in the French version)

3) Finally, a bit of explanation on parameter 5-8:

It plays two different roles depending on the boiler.

On boilers modulating "continuously" (literally: "stepless"), it indicates for which difference between the desired temperature and the measured temperature the boiler operates at 100% (so if 9, this means that if the temperature observed is the desired temperature - 9, the boiler is at full speed; between, it modulates "proportionally ??? I add in italics)

On "step" modulating boilers, it indicates the on / off "delta" ("schaltdifferenz" = switching difference, literally).

This is the second function that plays on our Okofen, but with the abscon title of the first function. It's a little clearer!

4) A final point: the asterisk in the table on page 24 (French version) is not on the value of the factory setting, but on the parameter itself. It does not have the same meaning at all. It indicates that in the case of cascading, these parameters do not play: the values ​​are taken from the Master. Curious!

For the rest, the French notice seems to me to comply.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 24/12/08, 10:07

Did67 wrote:And page 39, always the same bullshit: they give the rule for calculating the compensation, but the paragraph ends with "(Factory setting = 0) Do not modify this setting" !!!!

this is not entirely true because this advice applies to the following parameter 3.7 but there is a problem with the formatting of the text because the title: number and addressing of slaves 3.7 appears as normal text and not as a paragraph title, hence the confusion.
0 x

Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/08, 11:05

dirk pitt wrote:
this is not entirely true because this advice applies to the following parameter 3.7 but there is a problem with the formatting of the text because the title: number and addressing of slaves 3.7 appears as normal text and not as a paragraph title, hence the confusion.

You are perfectly right ! However, I'm starting to get to know the manual well, but I've always been made to read ... (shrinks will explain that you only see what you want to see).

The fact remains that our discussions show that even professionals are tricked, if I believe the number of people here who ended up with a room sensor and a factor remained on zero ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/12/08, 12:04

vanagaz1961 wrote: For the long winter evenings, in the evening at the bottom of the woods, at the back of the boiler room, while waiting for Father Kwismas trapped in the fireplace with his hood.

Stone: mrgreen:

A question in passing:

This morning, I observed a shutdown at 76 ° C. It was the boiler control which triggered the cut. The regulator was still in demand. 30 seconds later, the regulator also requested shutdown ("boiler" icon has disappeared).

I have a temperature difference between the boiler temperature indicated on the "pellets control" and that indicated by the regulator. The two probes should not be in the same place. As a general rule, during the temperature rise phase, the boiler indication is approximately 1 ° C higher than that of the regulation. This figure varies slightly.

So this morning, the 76 ° C measured by the boiler was reached first. This is the maxi. 30 seconds later, the regulator measured 75 ° C and also "cut" the demand (63 ° C = minimum temperature / parameter 4 - 7; 12 ° C = my parameter 5-8 modified; 63 + 12 = 75, therefore the regulator cuts the demand at 75 °).

Have others observed this difference between the two boiler temperature indications ???? Or is it a mounting error with me ???
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 26/12/08, 11:48

the same but as it annoyed me, I looked for or was the probes.
there are 3 in a metal support welded on the outside of the heating body under the insulation.
I put thermal paste because one touched the heating element less. the 3rd probe is a security.
now about 0,2 ° apart.
0 x

Click my signature

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."