Sound insulation wood pellet stove

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
casalanis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Sound insulation wood pellet stove

by casalanis » 10/12/08, 22:08

: XNUMX: Hi, I'm trying to isolate a pellet stove brand mcz hydro nova phonically, has anyone ever done that?

Where does the noise endless screw, gear motor, carcass, tank ... come from?
Sound frequency?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/08, 22:15

Ah, I've been waiting for this question for a long time.

Didn't the guy who installed it tell you it was noisy?

I think the main noise comes from the blower (forced air).

In my opinion there is really not much to do ... or put the whole stove in a "formwork" as are the soundproof generators with baffles at the intake of fresh air and discharge of hot air ...

To do a "design" thing is stupid.

What is the mark of your stove and what does the installer think?
0 x
casalanis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by casalanis » 10/12/08, 22:31

in fact it is especially the worm which makes “grouiccccc.” sometimes, and it is annoying. . .

The wind tunnel is perfectly acceptable

It is a mcz hydro-nova, and it heats quite a lot. . .

I just saw that the worm has some play, maybe it should start to vibrate when it forces too much. . (this weekend I will try to grease..)

But hey the noise is there from the start, and we knew that it made a noise these machines there.

Surely there is a way to improve that. . .
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/08, 22:34

Ah it is not new therefore.

Good idea the grease I was going to offer ... if not change the bearing / bearing?

How many hours or heating season does it have?
0 x
casalanis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by casalanis » 12/12/08, 22:30

he is a year old, and the noise does it from the start.

I try to absorb the sound with panels of low density hemp wool. . . posed around,

to be continued

Next step: grease, then anti-vibration foot, then can be specific sound absorber, then shock absorber on pipes. . .
etc. . .

I saw that in phonic product there are solutions, the whole thing is to find the right one for each problem and audible frequency. .

If someone has an idea

I work there
0 x
casalanis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by casalanis » 14/12/08, 11:59

I just dismantled the stove covering and in fact: the screw makes noise and has play in these bearings (in graphite? what is this material?), (but hey it looks normal).

And this vibration noise reverberates and amplifies through the tank and the lining of the exchanger which are made of thin sheets.

So I put a medium density insulation of 2 centimeters thick between these two walls that I slightly tucked in force.

The result is quite satisfactory, noise drop by about half.

I then place small insulating tabs at the four corners of the covering.

I did not put grease or oil on the worm for two reasons: the fat could be agglomerated any dust of granule and thus make blockages-jams of the screw; then I don't know if the graphite ring would have liked the fat. . .

Otherwise also, I placed against the wall where the stove is leaned, an absorber of its honeycomb type foam, to absorb the sound, but there, the change was not very significant. . .

Problem so have it well resolved, but can be improved with a better sound absorber, the seller of sound insulation goes to the house next week to see that, and something else
to follow
0 x