Combination of energies in Germany?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Combination of energies in Germany?

by the middle » 20/09/08, 06:27

http://eole.over-blog.net/article-7208390.html
Click on the link at the bottom of the page, and then on the videos.
Good! Great! But why are they building new coal-fired power plants? : Shock:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/09/08, 08:37

You mean this link there: http://www.kombikraftwerk.de/ ?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/09/08, 12:58

: Arrow: :D yes, and no need to understand German, the pictures speak Image
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 13:03

I repeat what I said this morning in another subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/bio-fuel-s ... t6133.html

Christophe wrote:(...) today there are 2 solutions:

a) either one continues not to worry and "one" is done thanks to the petrolitics a maximum of profits on fossil fuels until the end and we leave the clash to our children

b) or, we are less stupid, and we take advantage of the energy still inexpensive today and the economy still growing (well, that is discussed but this is not the debate) to MASSIVELY develop truly sustainable solutions.

I have given you 3 examples which are the most promising: marine biomass (this topic), solar concentration (electricity or hydrogen) et thermal energy of the seas.

I do not consider neither wind nor solar photovoltaic as SUSTAINABLE solutions these 2 solutions are not sustainable in the medium term.

But do not take the tankers for idiots! All the solutions we talk about on econo (and many others) they know and study them (from near or far).

In addition, only THEIR financial means would allow them to really develop them .... Only here: they will ONLY develop the solutions that bring them the most at time X. For the moment (and for a few more years, at least 20 years) it is OIL and GAS and ONLY THESE!

I would add that currently oil companies contribute (lobbying, subsidies, technological blockages ...) VOLUNTARILY to the development of the most rotten renewable energies (SOLAR PV at the HEAD) ...

Pkoi do you believe that BP and TOTAL make PV solar panels and not thermal solar?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/09/08, 13:07

Pkoi do you believe that BP and TOTAL make PV solar panels and not thermal?
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/08, 13:08

Please confirm my pitch :) 8)

Oil companies invest in photovoltaics and not at all in thermal because they are perfectly aware of its limits and that, unlike solar thermal, this will not make them lose 1 € of turnover in their sale of fuel oil!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/09/08, 18:51

Hello everyone !

Interesting this little subject :D

Oil tankers invest above all in petroleum ... The small PV layer is for communication: a small green flower on an ocean of black oil : Mrgreen:

Sino, Christophe, I agree with your post on the urgency of developing the sectors that you mentioned as long as there is still inexpensive and abundant energy: one last spit of hydrocarbons for a big breath of renewable energies ... for the utopian moment, except in 20 to 30 years ...

The Germans work a lot on decentralized energy, and on the regulatory interconnections of the electricity network.

We talked about it on DESERTEC where these are regulations based on both:
- on the geographic vastness
- the diversity and abundance of solar, hydraulic, wind and biomass sources.

But you have to start with a little bit, especially when you depend a lot on gas and it smells russet on the Slavic side : Idea:
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."