India and civilian nuclear: Authorized Central Trading

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

India and civilian nuclear: Authorized Central Trading

by Christophe » 08/09/08, 10:33

An authorization that will hit French nuclear economic activity with full force (Areva, Cogema ...) ... should we complain? Frankly bof ... but I still prefer that, as much to do shit, that it is shit rather than it is French right?
Unless it accelerates their retraining?

How much will you discount Indian power plants?

According to Echos.fr:

Thirty-four years that India has been waiting for this day. Saturday, at the end of a marathon meeting the outcome of which seemed uncertain until the end, the 45 countries participating in the trade in nuclear technologies lifted the ban on New Delhi since 1974 in the field of civil nuclear.

An NSG agreement was essential for the US Congress to ratify the civil nuclear cooperation agreement signed with India in 2005. It could be ratified this year before the end of President George W. Bush's term. India, not a signatory of the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and whose first nuclear test dates back to 1974, could not until then receive neither foreign nuclear materials nor nuclear technologies, the rules of the NSG ordinarily banishing all trade with the States which have not signed the NPT. Washington says new deal will bring India closer to NPT signatories after 34 years of isolation and help fight global warming by allowing one of the world's strongest economies to develop an energy source that pollutes little 'atmosphere.

http://www.lesechos.fr/info/inter/30029 ... l-inde.htm
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: India and civil nuclear: trading in power plants authorized

by Woodcutter » 08/09/08, 11:24

Christophe wrote:An authorization that will hit French nuclear economic activity with full force (Areva, Cogema ...) ... should we complain? Frankly bof ... but I still prefer that, as much to do shit, that it is shit rather than it is French right?
Unless it accelerates their retraining?

How much will Indian power plants be discounted according to you? [...]
Hit ? Why hit?
According to this text, India may the purchase nuclear power plants, not sell them ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/08, 11:30

Huh? Where you see that we are talking about PURCHASE ... marked SALE and TRADE not to mention the meaning of the transaction.

An embargo goes both ways too, right?

On the other hand, the 2nd article (with the link) talks about non-civilian nuclear (the 2 quotes = 2 articles) unless the NPT also concerns the civilian?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/09/08, 11:51

Christophe wrote:Huh? Where you see that we are talking about PURCHASE ... marked SALE and TRADE not to mention the meaning of the transaction.

An embargo goes both ways too, right?

On the other hand, the 2nd article (with the link) talks about non-civilian nuclear (the 2 quotes = 2 articles) unless the NPT also concerns the civilian?

Well, I see that, it only talks about exchanges that arrive in India to help it have power plants, not sell them, sorry ... And that talks about civil nuclear, apparently, otherwise I don't see too much the link with the economy and global warming!
[...] India, [...] does could previously receive neither materials nor foreign nuclear technologies, the rules of the NSG ordinarily banning all trade with States which have not signed the NPT. Washington says the new agreement will help fight global warming by allowing one of the world's strongest economies to develop an energy source that does little air pollution.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 09/09/08, 16:10

civil nuclear ... does that mean that the fuel they have no right to manufacture it (enrichment uranium reprocessing plutonium), but just to buy it? haha! the scam ...

in any case I am not proud as French to export this atomic shit: there is only to see the sinking of EPR in Finland, it is us French taxpayers who pay the penalties of delay that takes areva not knowing how to build this kind of reactor.

is that the public nuclear subsidies?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/08, 16:14

Woodcutter wrote:Well, I see that, it only talks about exchanges that arrive in India to help it have power plants, not sell them, sorry ... And that talks about civil nuclear, apparently, otherwise I don't see too much the link with the economy and global warming!

Moué ca is discussed ... it's not clear but it's not so important.

In any case even if it is only to buy ... in 10 years at the rate where it goes it will do like the Chinese: copy and export ... even with advanced technology.

Well, when is the Chinese Airbus? 2010?

Jonule, India has had atomic weapons since 1974 ... do you honestly think that fuel is a problem for them? I mean the treatment ...
0 x