Biogas in Quebec with household waste

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Biogas in Quebec with household waste

by Christophe » 15/08/08, 15:56

Example of a biogas project in quebec using table waste.

These millions could when also be invested in other techniques ... such as Laigret oil ...

Because biogas is good but knows its strengths and weaknesses ...
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 08 / 08, 17: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/08/08, 15:38

? can you remember the weaknesses please?

can biogas be made liquid via the fischer tropps process by diesel fuel ?!

if not used directly to replace the oil in the boilers: either you transport the gas or you transport the heat in a network and heat exchangers (like that, only one boiler).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/08, 15:54

Ok you make us a proto?

:) : Twisted:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/08/08, 16:30

huh?
about what ?
of the fischer tropps process?

or gas transportation? that of heat?

I don't understand, there!

I reacted following:
Because biogas is good but knows its strengths and its weaknesses ...

ok but "we" don't necessarily know the strengths and weaknesses you're talking about, to judge it's a bit weak no? -)

me the advantages of biogas I know them, it allows to recover the NRJ of all organic matter, waste, sewage sludge, pig pig manure (15m3 of gas / day) etc! methane gas on one side, and fertilizer on the other!

like, for district heating network (premiums):
http://www.eden-enr.org/spip/IMG/pdf/fi ... EDEN-2.pdf

I'm not even talking about the biogas necessarily distributed at the pump in Sweden, their train running on biogas as in Germany, 3500 installations against 4 in France ... bouh
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/08, 16:41

You are looking for everyone Jonule ... you are annoying ... I am just saying that there is more propellant than biogas and you put me in the blast as what I condemn the principle of anaerobic digestion ...

Still if you didn't say too much bullshit it would be fine ... you know a lot but a lot are fancy or imaginary ...

Too bad...

Find me A factory in the world that liquefies and exports biogas other than for internal use and I withdraw what I said.

ps: speaking of heating networks, you knew that there was cogeneration ... nuclear :) :) :) if yes if !!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/08/08, 17:19

sorry if you take the written words christophe wrong ... but me it's the same: I swear that when you write "strengths and weaknesses" for me it can leave room for confusion, that's why I asked you explanations ... I also know very well that you do not condemn anaerobic digestion.

for nuclear cogeneration I want you to give the link, with photos etc ... for me it's just blah like when edf say that they are going to implant a solar power plant in the camargue, it's just for the effect announcement ...

for biogas I told you about transporting NRJ with the heating network, you can also transport gas I imagine, even if you probably need a separate network ... but for the collective it remains interesting!
this does not take into account the resale of fertilizers, as well as the production of electricity to the network (gas engine).

the article guy, a prefect named LAGACÉ ( : Lol: ) even says transforming vehicles to biogas and receiving carbon credits ... nothing imaginary! -)

but brief of the fuel liquid for cars why not ...
I still think that non-liquid use remains very efficient ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/08, 17:27

jonule wrote:for nuclear cogeneration I want you to give the link, with photos etc ... for me it's just blah like when edf say that they are going to implant a solar power plant in the camargue, it's just for the effect announcement ...

Well, this is a new one forum "C moa" (not it's me but it's him what I hope you understand :D) who said this here:

C moa wrote:Several plants do cogé. In Chinon, for example, part of the calories are used to heat local businesses and greenhouses.

I have not checked the info but I think you will do it very quickly eh! ;) and he seems to know the subject ... c moa!

jonule wrote:for biogas I told you about transporting NRJ with the heating network, you can also transport gas I imagine, even if you probably need a separate network ... but for the collective it remains interesting!
this does not take into account the resale of fertilizers, as well as the production of electricity to the network (gas engine).

Sorry not profitable yet (without indirect oil subsidy) all this ... but let's stop the controversy ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 19/08/08, 21:36

Christophe wrote:
I have not checked the info but I think you will do it very quickly eh! ;) and he seems to know the subject ... c moa!

I saw a report on it a while ago on TV but I couldn't say where.

:?:
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 19/08/08, 22:04

Biogas for domestic use since 1996 in Friborg: http://www.passivhaus-vauban.de/warum.fr.html

It's a housing bar with vacuum-suction toilets (less water, like in airplanes) that put it all in an anaerobic digester, and presto we can cook with the methane that comes out of its belly! ? : Shock:

After for the advantages and disadvantages of biogas compared to the laigret process, we could talk about it for a long time but I do not think that is the subject.

I would be more interesting to know how much energy can we recover per inhabitant equivalent? Will I have to restrain myself tomorrow so that I don't go to the bathroom until evening? Or is it not worth the cost? :P
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/08/08, 22:49

The fact that anaerobic digestion of cellulosic waste and human or animal excrement also produces a certain proportion of undesirable and potentially toxic gases should not lead to dismissing this interesting and well-known process automatically.
There is probably nothing that stands in the way of biogas purification, as is the case with natural gas.

The fact that this gas is perhaps difficult to transport (theoretically nothing is against it) does not seem to me to be an ecologically sustainable argument, since where there is potential production, there are consumers, which is rarely the case for natural gas, distributed according to purely geological criteria. The problem is therefore very different.

It is true that the heat produced by nuclear power plants on the banks of the Loire is used to heat greenhouses and other installations, but this is very little compared to the total calories evacuated outside.

When will there be a power station on Seguin Island? There is a real potential there, and since nuclear is not dangerous… I : Cheesy:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."