Wind turbine for family use

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
daniel50170
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wind turbine for family use

by daniel50170 » 10/06/08, 19:50

Hello everybody
As I just remembered that I had to send at least one post to stay on the site and well I take advantage ...
I "snoop" around to find THE electric solution so as not to be caught by the c ..... when EDF or other decides (with the blessing of our leaders) to shamefully increase the price of electricity .. .but if there are a lot of technical discussions (very brilliant, moreover) I don't find a lot of simple project to be carried out by mister "everyone".
I read few articles on horizontal wind turbines which according to forums would be more efficient than verticals ...
Planning to build (I'm waiting to sign the deed of the land) I asked for a document on one of these wind turbines .... between 30 and 000 €.
Short ! you might as well stay with EDF ...
good I found another site by following the links on this site with financing over 10 years at 186 € / month is better ...
Well there you go .... are there other tracks?
Kind regards.
Daniel.
PS: it's like the Pantone system, it's not made for Sunday DIYers and that's a shame. If any of you live near Mt St Michel let me know ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 10/06/08, 20:37

If you are going to build, is your land 'serviced'?
Is it already connected to the electrical network?
If not, how much will this connection to EDF cost you?
Was it included in the price of your future construction?
Could you not include the cost of the wind turbine?
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 10/06/08, 20:44

and why focus on a single mode of production ????
why not mix it all up ????
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

wind turbine

by tigrou_838 » 11/06/08, 09:58

hello and agree with georges.

it is necessary to mix several energies, preferably solar first, and especially like dis x :: well insulated so as not to consume unnecessarily or in pure loss for the birds.

and at the level of your PS, I do not entirely agree with you, it is precisely the handymen of Sunday who make a little advance the pantone, like other mode of saving energy;

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x
eol77
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by eol77 » 13/06/08, 18:59

why solar first?
knowing that the kilowatt produced by a solar panel is 4x more expensive than that of a wind turbine, it would be more judicious to foresee a wind turbine for the main production and the solar in second for the days without wind.
0 x
FD8-10000 in the garden
alew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alew » 11/08/08, 21:22

eol77 wrote:why solar first?
knowing that the kilowatt produced by a solar panel is 4x more expensive than that of a wind turbine, it would be more judicious to foresee a wind turbine for the main production and the solar in second for the days without wind.

Talking about solar I think he's talking about solar heating. Unless it was good for the photovoltaic panels then I will keep quiet, but solar and more expensive than wind ...
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 12/08/08, 09:06

I also think that we must consider several sources of energy, because in many regions, 6 days without wind exist, 6 days without sun too, but 6 days without wind and without sun! :D

The idea is to install a few more photovoltaic panels and a little less batteries ...

For the fact that things can be tinkered with, I got wind of a humanitarian contact who is going to set up wind turbines in Venezuela. A little mechanics, resins and fibers for boats for the blades ... It is therefore accessible to the handyman of Sunday.

I believe that some manufacturers offer kits to be mounted (below 12 meters of mast (it seems to me) there is no need for special authorization from the town hall). The only thing you have to call a pro for is to send the electricity back to EDF if you want to stay connected.

For solar panels, I don't know if any of you have references of combined photovoltaic and hot water panels? They reduce the return on investment.
0 x