The windmill Philippe Starck

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

The windmill Philippe Starck

by Willaupuis » 30/04/08, 17:14

here is the copy of an article found on the internet, someone knows a little more?

LE FIGARO. - How did you come to "democratic ecology"?

Philippe STARCK. - I spent twenty-five years of my life inventing, fighting, and applying the concept - which at the time was revolutionary - of "democratic design". That is to say to try to give the best possible to the maximum of people, to raise the quality and to lower the prices. But, if there is 25 years, we could talk about the quality of drawing a chair, there are today other emergencies than design. Challenges for which creative minds must mobilize. I used my know-how, my obstinacy and my naivety to resume the process of democratic design - a somewhat rebellious, subversive, truly political spirit - and to invent this new concept of democratic ecology.

Because the ecology would still be reserved for a minority?

Even if a majority of people feel concerned, ecology remains a relatively inaccessible abstraction. Sorting your rubbish, taking a shower instead of a bath, closing your switches is just about everything ordinary people can do. But to enter the ecological fight with acts of real economy and energy production, there, it begins to be complex. That's what interests me. That's why we created a few months ago, with the Italian group Pramac (1), a high technology department for the democratization of energy. Our first goal is to make an affordable and democratic individual wind turbine (2).

What request does it respond to?

She responds to a scenario that interests me immensely. Imagine the gentleman who - unfortunately - the most common leisure in our consumer society: go to the supermarket on Saturday to buy a useless gadget. Instead of a car radio, he will see on the shelf a desirable wind turbine and say that it is even more beautiful. It is worth 300-400 euros (we do not know the exact price yet), that is to say what it spends for useless objects. He will leave with a box that he will be able to carry by hand alone and put in his car - which is important. At home, he will climb on his roof and in a few minutes, thanks to a few clips, he will fix his wind turbine. There, he is happy because he saves energy and money, and he is part of the big global fight of today: he produces energy! I do not hide that if I did it, I would be proud of it.

What energy savings can we expect?

Depending on its size - there is 6 - it deals between 10% and 60% of individual energy requirements. And since it is a popular object, which will sell to millions of copies, it can have a real impact ... Everyone does not practice ecology by altruism. I have been looking for the selfish, telling them, "You will save money, but also earn money; because, when you're on vacation, you're going to send your energy back into the network that will buy you from it. "

Wind turbines are however disputed for their aesthetics ...

If the object is successful, there will be thousands of copies and people will have a rejection saying, "It's ugly", as there was this stupid rejection of giant wind fields. But I could make a wind turbine almost invisible. Because we only see the reflections. It is a rather amazing modern sculpture. And, en masse, on the scale of a landscape, it disappears completely. When you see a village in the distance, you will never notice the wind turbines, and when you get close, you will say: "Oh, it's a beautiful object", beautiful because totally derived from the function and drawn by the wind.

Is not this green commitment a way to stay in tune with the times?

For me, it does not date from today! Remember GoodGoods, the catalog of non-products for non-consumers of the future moral market, which described everything that is happening now and all that will happen tomorrow. Look at the wooden house of 3 Swiss, on sale by mail order. It was a forerunner, even though it was much criticized at the time. Look at my OAO organic food company, created more than fifteen years ago! I've always been in there, even though I've always been too early. But that's my role, so it's not a big deal. Today, the emergency has joined me, it's perfect! Even the industrialists think they will make money with it, and that's fine. As the president of General Electric, who said that his company was now completely environmentally friendly, not because of beauty but because it is the business of tomorrow. The more these people make a profit, the more they will invest to find solutions.

And you, do you have other projects with Pramac?

We are developing an electric car with revolutionary technologies and we are finalizing totally solar boats, or solar-hydrogen hybrids, to respond to the pollution caused by the explosion of water sports. We designed for this a range of affordable and sexy boats, with a hull that saves energy and especially not to make a lot of waves. This is important because these boats will be put into service in Venice, a city threatened by motor boats. They will first be delivered to major hotels like the Bauer. What is good for Venice is good for the rest of the world! We are also developing transparent photovoltaic panels on which drawings can be printed.
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/04/08, 17:31

it would look like what's in the building

A kind of Savonius in pexiglas ... case to follow 8)

seen on:
http://www.unhomme.fr/page-al-eolienne_ ... 04087.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/04/08, 17:35

Ah, I have better, a sort of helical biplane with vertical axis of rotation

Yield ??? :?
Last edited by Remundo the 30 / 04 / 08, 22: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/08, 17:45

10 at 60% coverage of needs ... with a wind turbine at 400 Euros? But of course ... it's not a bit of a lie, is it?
Or it only applies to lighting and assuming the price includes energy stamping :) We can always dream...

Oh unless the price is only the wind turbine (the blades ... if you prefer) ... : Mrgreen:

ps: a great designer who talks about useless objects is still funny ... : Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 01 / 05 / 08, 11: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Kairos
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kairos » 30/04/08, 20:28

"it is a popular object, which will sell millions of copies"

He is optimistic anyway. Large-scale production must reduce the costs we imagine.
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 30/04/08, 20:48

it's hard to say but if we want the ecology to develop we need a large scale industry to lower the cost but what impact will it finally have on the workers, ecology precisely. .. To say that we are going to need salespeople who will sell these products as if they were selling cars brings me to a point !!! But we can say that it is a necessary evil !! :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/05/08, 12:09

jc-tergal wrote:it's hard to say but if we want the ecology to develop we need a large-scale industry to lower the cost

Yes except that it's the theory ... in practice it works rarely ...

Practical example: currently all installers and manufacturers of solar are more or less overwhelmed compared to a few years ago, we agree? I would say that it must sell 10 times more panels than there is 10 years ...

Have panel prices gone down? On the contrary, I think rather that they have aligned themselves with the price of energy ... So ... it makes me pretty gerber this kind of behavior ... but hey it's the system ...
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 01/05/08, 13:30

I understand that the panels all go to Germany and few to France where there is a fairly limited demand so the prices remain "French" according to the law of supply and demand, right?

Not seen the prices in Germany but it must be worth more than in France!

Finally, thank goodness that there are sites such econology because we have a lot of information for self-construction and many opinions that allows us to shunt all the professional sector that grease well on the backs of people motivated by ecology. Everyone is not put in the same basket but knowing that there are very large industries (related to fossil energies or having an energy monopoly) behind small professionals it always returns to the same! so much the better if you can do a max yourself and also avoid being assisted by the state to do something and it is much cheaper!
0 x
vincent27
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vincent27 » 01/05/08, 17:10

If Philippe Starck can make use of his name to diffuse individual wind turbines ....
By cons, I'm waiting for some figures (Power, what we have for 300 €, ...).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/05/08, 20:48

For 300 € I think you just have the blades :)
In short, the rotor ...

Are still funny designers ... they simplify everything a little too much : Mrgreen:
0 x