Micro wind turbines, wind energy

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gaeldk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Micro wind turbines, wind energy

by gaeldk » 24/10/07, 22:51

Hi,

What do you think of these micro turbines?
http://www.motorwavegroup.com/new/motorwind/product.html

It looks really interesting.
There is also a table which shows the available powers compared to the number of turbines:

http://www.motorwavegroup.com/new/motorwind/productchart.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/10/07, 10:24

It looks nice, the power / price ratio is interesting but what about the orientation relative to the wind?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gaeldk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaeldk » 26/10/07, 23:12

elephant wrote:It looks nice, the power / price ratio is interesting but what about the orientation relative to the wind?

Well, it's fixed, but that's the only major problem. We can also mount all this on a rotating axis.

What amazes me is the little reaction on this forum since the power supplied is much higher than solar for example and especially the system is much cheaper.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 27/10/07, 00:17

This can be interesting in places where the wind direction is very often the same, for example in the SE of France where the dominant wind, the mistral, comes from the same direction.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Micro turbines

by the middle » 27/10/07, 08:28

They say that electricity production starts with a wind of 1m / sec, which makes 3.6 km / h ... but electricity production at this speed is very low; according to the table a speed of 56 km / h to reach half the maximum power; and over 70 km / h, to reach the maximum power .....
So, you need a well-located place to say to have a good production ...
Are they talking about decibels?
0 x
Gambarota
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

some info and details

by Gambarota » 27/10/07, 09:20

Hello I am Lucien Gambarota and I am the owner of the group www.motorwavegroup.com and Motorwind.

I noticed traffic on my site from econologie.com and I would like to provide some explanations to the questions asked.
A) why is the system not directional ?.
in most countries of the planet the Wind comes from the North in Winter and from the South in summer except special geographic configuration.
this is considered to be the case at least 80% of the time.
the fact of not having a directional system makes it possible to gain simplicity of manufacture and therefore to reduce the weight significantly and therefore the cost.
the micro turbines have a design which allows to redirect the wind direction so even if the wind is not perpandicular the turbines work almost as well.
in terms of philosophy either we orient the turbines facing the wind
or we redirect the wind.
a microturbine is symmetrical which makes it work
with winds from the opposite direction and on each side it can redirect the wind by almost 60 degrees.
so with wind NE or N or NW or SE or S or SW it works.
occasional E or W winds are too expensive to recover.
the system is therefore not perfect but it makes it possible to recover winds of very low speed and especially it is practically the only system which is usable in urban environment.

in terms of power: the power of a turbine or wind turbine
depends only on the collection surface.
on an equal surface the power generated is the same as for a conventional wind turbine, but the difference is that it takes about 10m / s for a conventional wind turbine to start while a microturbine starts at 0.8m / s and that at 25m / s a wind turbine must be stopped
whereas a micro turbine has no stopping speed.
all our installations produced electricity during the last typhoon in Hong Kong with winds of 110 km / h.

in a standard city the winds are on average 5m / s and at this speed we generate approx 15 W / m2 of microturbines.
if you want 1kW you have to install around 65 m2 of turbines.
which would be equivalent to a wind turbine of 9 meters in diameter.
and knowing that this 9 meter wind turbine would barely produce 20% of the electricity produced by micro turbines.

Above all, microturbines should not be considered as a replacement for wind turbines, but rather as a new source of electricity that can be used where the wind turbines do not have access.
there are almost 1 billion people who do not have access to electricity on this planet and who cannot afford a wind turbine but who can spend a few dollars on micro turbines.
for those interested, a pilot installation will be set up in France in the Rhone Alpe region within a few weeks.

Good day to all and I am at your disposal for further information.

(I am French).
1 x
Lucien Gambarota
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: some info and details

by the middle » 27/10/07, 09:37

Hello Asia,
Details on noise .... decibels per M2 of turbines.
Thank you
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 27/10/07, 09:45

Hello,

Here is a very good idea for wind power.
Modular microturbines!
It remains only to market to the unit and it will be perfect to advance the small individual wind!

WHERE can we buy these microturbines ???
WHAT is the price per unit ???

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Gambarota
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: some info and details

by Gambarota » 27/10/07, 11:08

lejustemilieu wrote:Hello Asia,
Details on noise .... decibels per M2 of turbines.
Thank you

Hello.

the noise level is directly proportional to the number of turbines and the wind speed.
the noise generated is due to the click of the teeth and thanks to its low frequency does not travel very far.
for an installation of 1m2 it is necessary to consider approximately 20 DB at 10 meters for 5m / s and is no longer audible at 15-20 meters.

for large installations (more than ten m2) we use rubber tines and the noise decreases by around 80%.
no data available yet because we are equipping
at this moment.

Regards
0 x
Lucien Gambarota
Gambarota
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Gambarota » 27/10/07, 11:13

Obelix wrote:Hello,

Here is a very good idea for wind power.
Modular microturbines!
It remains only to market to the unit and it will be perfect to advance the small individual wind!

WHERE can we buy these microturbines ???
WHAT is the price per unit ???

Obelix

please

the smallest unit is 8 turbines and costs 160 Euro (without transport).
otherwise the second is 20 turbines and costs 280 Euro (st).
you can order directly on the site at:
http://store.motorwavegroup.com
0 x
Lucien Gambarota