Reviews of geothermal heated floors

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
cranut89
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Reviews of geothermal heated floors

by cranut89 » 29/07/07, 22:04

I would like to know your opinion on the heating floor in geothermal because I had a quote from a company called ENALSA who manufactures their own gear and their price is very attractive for a house of 95m28900 € for the installation Complet by against there is not the terrasement of the sensor outside envion the double of the house is 150m2 has terrace on 70cm of deep and there is some electrical wire passed for the central one and the thermostats neither the one but this is nothing and he gave us an estimate of the consumption that was going to be used 230 € to the year
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 29/07/07, 22:52

Hello
If you want my opinion on the ground heating geothermal, it works very well and it does not cost much to use.
But 28900 € : Shock:
Waow it's scary.
I do not understand well, what's in this tariff?
The CAP and laying the floor?
And if there is no earthworks and wiring included in this tariff is that there is no commissioning of the CAP.
And for the guarantee, how does it work?
Is it they who put in service once you have finished the work?
And if it breaks down they will say that the problem comes from what you did, right?
For me all this seems overpriced, but it is also because I have preferential rates on the gear and I manage on my own for the installation.
Hard to stay objective on such a tariff. But I know that friends have had a quote for a reversible aerothermal PAC with fan coil units to install in every room of the house, and it turns around 20000 €.
So I think your quote is quite normal.
What is the price of the cap alone? What power ?
0 x
momotopo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by momotopo » 29/07/07, 23:47

Hey Pitmix, you're sure it's not 95m2 8900 €.

In the French language, it is sometimes necessary to put spaces between the terms. This greatly facilitates readers' comprehension, which is a priori the goal of writing.

Well, I'll stop.

I also remind everyone to take a step back on equipment operating with refrigerated gases classified (r 407 R410, etc ...) that, in the case of an installation containing more than 2 kilos of freon, a visit annual leakage control is almost mandatory in addition to the maintenance contract also essential and that commercial do not always take into account in their depreciation calculation. And that professional unions seek to impose this visit to all devices, even those containing less than 2 kilos.

Another big deal, tralala

Regarding the geothermal capatage, there is still a thermal transformation of the ground in contact with the sensors over time. The overall temperature of the ground tends to drop, which can lower the yield a little. : Evil:

Otherwise the principle is excellent!
0 x
cranut89
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cranut89 » 30/07/07, 05:35

sorry it's good 95m2 for 8900 €
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 30/07/07, 07:01

Ahouieffectivementcestmieuxcommeça : Mrgreen:
In this case, it's worth it since the installation of the floor is still a big job.

To join what has written momotopo, it is a PAC with water exchangers or with refrigerant fluid throughout the circuit?

I ask because personally I have no confidence in the new refrigerants.
The less dangerous they are to the ozone layer, the more the circuit needs to be sealed. The molecules are getting smaller and smaller, the possible leaks are more and more difficult to detect.
I prefer that the fluid remains confined in the machine circuit (assembled at the factory) and that the rest of the circuit contains only glycol.
0 x
cranut89
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cranut89 » 30/07/07, 14:52

the person told me that it was a refrigerant and had no risk with this fluid in case of leakage
0 x
zac

by zac » 30/07/07, 15:11

cranut89 wrote:the person told me that it was a refrigerant and had no risk with this fluid in case of leakage

Hello

makes it clear because everything and anything can be called "refrigerant" :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 30/07/07, 21:31

Indeed, no risk for you directly, almost no risk for the ozone layer, but big risk for the greenhouse effect.
The same refrigerant fluid you burn it and you inhale the vapors and you tell me news. : Evil:
No, I'm kidding, do not try.
Mustard gas do you feel something?
The new fluids don't really give "mustard gas" but it's not much better.
Well I never smelled "mustard gas", luckily for me so I can't really know.
But the burned fridge fluid burns the eyes, the throat, it eats the oxygen and you end up seeing everything blue no longer hear anything and fall into the apples. It is rather violent and that I tried well despite me : Cry:

I do not say that to scare you but to make the nuance when the guy tells you no danger.

But the real problem is not the danger that the fluid causes because it is in small quantities and is not supposed to burn, but it is simply the reliability of your installation.
If your heat pump lacks refrigerant it will either short-cycle (stop / start too often) if there are safety or overheat and suck air if there is not.
In any case it's not good.
The latest generation of PAC have an electronic device to stop the machine in case of pressure drop in the circuit.
The machine stops and gives a fault lack of fluid. It must be repaired so that it starts again.
If your outdoor sensor and your floor only contain brine you will be less likely to have refrigerant leakage in use, as the fluid will be confined in your heat pump.
If there are still leaks, they will not be imputed. It will necessarily be a problem of factory design or poor maintenance by the possible technician who will revise the machine.
A glycol leak is easier to spot and repair even if it is no less dangerous for the environment.

Ah yes nice thing too, if you install a heated floor with glycol water you can add solar panels thereafter and further reduce the price of your electricity bills.
0 x
rirto
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by rirto » 07/10/15, 20:18

We have a project of wood house in Dordogne and we ask a lot of questions when choosing our future heating.
Currently, we live in 5 a town house at 3 floors of which 115 m² heated. The insulation leaves a desired and there are false ceilings everywhere. In addition, the planchet is not isolated and we have a cellar underneath. The only good thing is that we have double glazed windows.
Here to situate a little. Anyway, we spend a lot of prehistoric RT ;-)
Our total annual consumption is 1200 € including:
160 € subscription
500 € heating (8 soft heat radiators by inertia 9500W in total)
540 € hot water and household appliances
And I ask myself the question when I see your consumption knowing the cost of the initial investment.
I think you are very optimistic when to your depreciation calculation. Also more
I would like to have a heated floor plan based on geothermal or aerothermal but I hesitate financially ...
Our project will 145m ² livable of full foot in dordogne.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 08/10/15, 10:21

Record beat (over 8 years) for a second digging in two days and again a message made only to place an url (naively called -spam, and in addition false : Lol: )
0 x