Scams to ecology, for very soon?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Scams to ecology, for very soon?

by Christophe » 12/04/07, 13:23

When I refer to an ecological scam, I do not think of electoral promises, nor of the advice given by those who do not even follow them ...

No, I am thinking more of a way of proceeding that could be generalized and from which I had the opportunity to attend a sample.

A few days back, I was at my mother's house when she received visitors. I hear him talking to someone who has come to investigate. From the next room, I vaguely understand that it is a question of making a diagnosis of the heating means of the private individuals, who could need advice as regards renewable energies. It is in tune with the times, and I then thought that undoubtedly it is a public body which is at the origin of this approach.

The following: http://www.naturavox.fr/article.php3?id_article=570

2 examples:

0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 12/04/07, 14:25

It's a certainty! Watch out for abuse ...

This type of practice (canvassing customers) is increasingly practiced by heating and air conditioning companies, boosted by state aid.
The prices of the devices they recommend are generally good ways to save energy. As there is energy saving, they extol the effect on the impact it has on the wallet.
However, when you look at it more closely, you will see that in fact the purchase price is only paid for after 10 years. So, a question for which a representative has never been able to answer me is the following: is there any need for maintenance for these systems ?! Because 10 years of operating a system, especially for a heat pump, it's starting to do ...
Do these companies charge inflated prices so that they are the first beneficiaries of state credits ?! Only a study of pricing practices by these companies could answer this question.

However, as I have raised in other topics, it turns out that the green practices that "every good citizen" should practice would also be an advantage for some companies to reduce their workforce at first.
In the long term, this could have other impacts on the management of companies and their commercial margins ... but also on the freedoms of each citizen, by creating additional taxes for example or laws prohibiting certain practices. All this, of course, for a profit which some may benefit from!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/07, 14:27

Exact Thierry, hence my reaction on the site above:

Very good refurbishment article, we relayed it on our forums

Ecological arnarchs were already widely used in the automotive world (magnetizer of all kinds ...), they are now arriving for the largest equipment (poor quality solar panels and Chinese wind turbines for example ...). A shame !

See: Mirrors of pipo miracles?

In the same vein, the sellers of air heat pumps offering their equipment above Lyon are on the verge of scam ... since the performance of air-air heat pumps drops significantly below 5 ° C. . better a good old convector in some cases :(

ThierrySan wrote:Do these companies charge inflated prices so that they are the first beneficiaries of state credits ?! Only a study of pricing practices by these companies could answer this question.

The answer is of course that yes ... aid and subsidy = extra margins for 80% of sellers ... and this is one of the problem of subsidies ... we have already talked about this at length forums...
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 13/04/07, 18:42

I take this opportunity to highlight this passage:
I discuss positive energy houses and passive houses, then the construction of "sustainable development" type housing estates, underway in the surrounding area. From this moment, my interlocutor seems a little abandoned. I ask him what structure he works for, and I have the end of the story.

It seems to me that it is recurring. In general they know nothing about it.
Salespeople have a very limited view of the "green solution" of their expensive products for sale.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 13/04/07, 18:52

Be aware that salespeople are trained ONLY in the products they sell. If there are laws surrounding a product, they are basically told the arguments to use to facilitate the sale. Besides, sometimes, some points are very obscure ...

My mother stuck one on the arguments he used for the sale of his products, on tax credits. He didn't want to change his rifle by telling her how it worked when she knew a much bigger radius than him on the question ... Sometimes, moreover, it's a bit on the verge of manipulating the bullshit views they advance!
0 x
Luc and Cindy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Luc and Cindy » 17/11/07, 20:43

Completely agree on this subject, I experienced it last week with two salespeople (it's better to convince the client, it's even more shark in search of prey) who approached me for pumps has heat.

By presenting their binders to me, they presented to me the WOOD energy as a polluting and nonrenewable energy. Having not forgotten to remind them of the circle of co2, they have pretended that this energy was badly managed by taking for For example, tropical forests. So my question to everyone: who brings tropical forest wood for use as heating?

To conclude, these salespeople presented their heat pumps to me as renewable energy (yes, the electricity in France comes from renewable energies) if we do but share the 70% of French nuclear.

It is a shame that people do not inquire more before acquiring this type of device that the state encourages, it is surely much better than the toasters installed by the pavers, but gentlemen the salesmen stopped presenting this types of devices like the only miracle product that does not need to maintain all moving parts wears out, even that of your heat pumps. It is not with these devices that we will save the planet.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree,
contaminated the last river,
caught the last fish,
that man will realize that money is not edible
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/07, 20:54

Luc and Cindy wrote:Who brings wood from tropical forests for use as heating?

Uh ... me! : Oops:
You do not believe me? Well if I burn tropical wood waste (among other things) ... from the local craftsman ...: padouk, meranti ... but also fir and oak from "home" ... it's a mix finally ... on the other hand it's a waste so ...

Luc and Cindy wrote:It is not with these devices that we will save the planet.

Well, that's why I created the subject "Shit pump" (since renamed), I even made a news: https://www.econologie.com/pompes-a-chal ... -3534.html

It's up to "us" to inform people about the geothermal "scam" ...
0 x
Luc and Cindy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Luc and Cindy » 17/11/07, 21:01

Yes but you do not bring your wood, you recycle the waste of a local carpenter or sawyer. It does not seem to me that we cut down in Amazonia, to make heating in Europe.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree,
contaminated the last river,
caught the last fish,
that man will realize that money is not edible
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/07, 22:45

Obviously it was a note of humor ...

And pkoi not to make a listing of companies with ecolo (lo) uche practice ??
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 17/11/07, 23:02

Rainforest may not be, but firewood is already coming down from Ukraine. :|
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)