Generator Gas and HBV

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
GREGNENE
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Generator Gas and HBV

by GREGNENE » 23/09/06, 13:17

Still for the sake of electric autonomy I wanted to know if it was possible to run a diesel group with oil (good no problem) but especially if it was possible to make it run on methane.
I suspect that there will be two admission systems
If anyone has a link or info thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/06, 16:59

Of course it is possible ... but not necessarily simple.

Industrial gas powered engines have the same basis as their diesel equivalent (addition of an ignition system)

More info here

The addition of an ignition and the settings that go with it on a small engine is not simple for an individual.

It is therefore conceivable to make a double carburation: both with oil AND with gas. It is the oil that will ignite the gas at the "right" time. This is what can be seen on pages 10 and 11 of the Wartsila document above in Dual Fuel mode (1 gas injector in the manifold and 1 fuel injector in direct injection).

I say "good" because this is precisely what may pose a problem: the combustion of oil and gas (biogas?) Are not identical. The engineers of wartsilla have undoubtedly solved the problem thanks to electronics but for the "handymen", the best would be to test on a small engine to see how it behaves according to the load ... (knocking, drop in power ) ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: Gas and hvb generator

by Other » 23/09/06, 18:04

Hello
GREGNENE wrote:Still for the sake of electric autonomy I wanted to know if it was possible to run a diesel group with oil (good no problem) but especially if it was possible to make it run on methane.
I suspect that there will be two admission systems
If anyone has a link or info thank you

Running a diesel oil, oil does not pose problems in appearance, but running it in the long term it requires certain precautions, they must be dismantled after 50 km to see the segments when you abuse cold oil.
the oil which was used to boil the donuts and all that cooked sweet food to be avoided (you remember pieces of sugar in gasoline or engines which have pass glycool in the combustion chamber that makes carmel on segments)
For a diesel to work with oil, it must be started with diesel only once the hot engine transfer to the oil heated to more than 70c and less than 80c
the oil must have undergone good decantation and filtering at 5 microns beforehand.
And do not forget that at each cold start a diesel clogs up and it is all the more problematic than the direct injection diesel, and of the fuels used, do not think that the oil in fuel plays a delubricating role in the engine, the one which did not burn at the start cooked in the segments, it is not spour nothing that the diesel engine the oil becomes black the first hour of running and that it must be more detergent than the explosion engine ..

Andre
0 x
GREGNENE
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GREGNENE » 05/10/06, 20:36

How much power will a house need? :?:
I was thinking of using a wind turbine to power the fridge and switch to the generator when the need arises : Cheesy:
What do you think
0 x