Cows and wind turbines: a self-sufficient German city

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Cows and wind turbines: a self-sufficient German city

by Christophe » 13/09/06, 18:55

Hannelore Reinbold-Mench, the mayor of Freiamt, in the Black Forest, is proud of the commitment of its 4.300 citizens for renewable energies: "we produce 13 million Kw / h per year, more than our own needs", declares- she told reporters after a field visit.

In this tourist and agricultural town 25 km north of Friborg, a farmer, Walter Schneider, uses the heat of milk coming from the udders of cows to heat the water in his shower. His neighbor installed a photovoltaic roof on his barn. With his installation of biogas, Gerhard Reinbold heats his farm but also his neighbors including a sports club.

And on the heights of this tourist city turn four wind turbines. Each produces nearly 3 million Kw / h, enough to supply a thousand homes with electricity.

The small German town has been making all the fire for a few years: solar panels for heat, photovoltaic panels for the production of current, wood chips for heating, mill, wind turbines and biomass.

Since the application of the new renewable energy law (EEG), two to three million kw / h produced by wind turbine can be sold 18 euro cents per km / h to the local electricity distributor, specifies Ms. Reinbold -Mench.

The 50 m2 of photovoltaic panels installed by a farmer on the roof of his barn produced in twelve months 30.000 Kw / h which can be sold at 53 cents euro per km / h, according to the new law. For this farmer who cultivates 38 hectares of cereals, this is a significant financial contribution.

His example has spilled over and today there are 75 photovoltaic installations in the town, two of which are above social housing blocks.

150 households use solar panels to heat their water, a widely used means because it does not require authorization and it pays for itself quickly.

Walter Schneider doesn't need it. Its 45 cows produce 900 liters of milk daily which come out at 32 degrees from the udder but must be cooled to 4 degrees for marketing. A heat exchanger allows it to heat the water in its shower and its sink.

Two sawmills and a miller use water from the Brettenbach river with turbines and generators. "This saves me 8.000 euros per year," says miller Friedrich Mellert.

Despite the still high price of the installation, around fifty homes heat themselves with woodchips and woodcutting waste. The municipality bought a machine for this purpose.

"The example of Freiamt shows that a lot can be done if the policies follow suit," said Erhard Schulz of the German federal association WindEnergie.

Federal Minister for the Environment Sigmar Gabriel (SPD) believes in a "boom" in renewable energies. Their share in the total production of electricity supply will increase from 10% currently to at least 20% by 2020, he said recently.

Source
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 13/09/06, 21:53

: Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
Why didn't I take German, 1st language ???
: Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 13/09/06, 22:12

Bah !! ??? These Germans are crazy !! Who will buy us our nuclear electricity if they produce the electricity they need !!!! ???

SixK
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/06, 22:34

Targol wrote:Why didn't I take German, 1st language ???

I do not know if that can reassure you but after 12 years of school German I still have a dismal level ... in addition I am Alsatian ... the big one: : Oops:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/09/06, 23:15

recover the heat from the milk coming out of the cows' udders!

there I am sawed!

when do we recover the heat from the male pissieres of the motorway service stations? It is also at 37 ° C! : Lol:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/06, 23:17

elephant wrote:It is also at 37 ° C! : Lol:

See more after a few grams of alcohol : Cheesy:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 13/09/06, 23:20

For even more warmth, we stop the condoms (already saved oil) and we all pass on good blennoragies (hot-pisses) er econoragies : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: in order to have better heat production ... :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/06, 23:23

former oceanic wrote:already saved oil

Uh, it's not natural latex condoms?

Good more seriously and to refocus:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/production ... t2198.html
et
https://www.econologie.com/telechargement-3133.html
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 13/09/06, 23:26

: Mrgreen: And the latex, it comes to the factory with its little papattes ??? : Mrgreen:

Here is how a subject by en coui..e thanks to a webmaster, a moderator and with the remarkable contribution of elephant : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/09/06, 23:30

What? she is not great my idea ??? : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."