Energy production from the human body

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Energy production from the human body

by MichelM » 18/08/06, 00:04

Bonsoir
I do not know if this document has already passed?
https://www.econologie.com/stockage-et-p ... -3133.html

Interesting information where I saw that (unfortunately) energy by means of compressed air has a lower energy / weight ratio than batteries for example. Interesting energy production by the human body etc ...
Michel
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/08/06, 10:10

Interesting if a little too technical for my meager memories of physics.

Do you know if there is a device of this type adaptable to a digital camera?
Indeed, if this type of device makes many savings on developments, in terms of electrical consumption, compared to a film equivalent, it is the cat !!!
Result: in at least 50% of the cases, when you want to take a photo, the batteries are exhausted :frown:

I am astonished that nobody has yet marketed a dynamo device (type zipper) that is fixed to the standard thread under the device (to put it on a stand) and which provides enough to take 2 or 3 photos .
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

Re: Energy production for portable devices

by Christophe » 18/08/06, 10:13

MichelM wrote:Interesting information where I saw that (unfortunately) energy by means of compressed air has a lower energy / weight ratio than batteries for example. Interesting energy production by the human body etc ... Michel

Thanks for the .pdf I didn't know it. I will add it to the site.

Otherwise nothing surprising for the air ... all those who have already used pneumatic tools know it very well ...

In the same genre but in English: https://www.econologie.com/stockage-de-l ... t-241.html

Ps: for the long link we have described the procedure to follow here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/creer-et-m ... t2193.html I corrected for this time but be careful for the rest. Thank you :)
Last edited by Christophe the 30 / 06 / 09, 11: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/06, 11:11

Very interesting this document ... I will reformulate the title of the Topic which does not stick well I think.

Metabolic heat: 80 W at rest at more than 1 kW in intense activity

Ahh finally a value of the output of a human body to "work" page 4.

But low mechanical conversion efficiency:
for 200 W mechanical, more than 800 W of heat and fatigue…

Or roughly 20% ... Finally "we" are no better than a good diesel : Cheesy:

ps: I posted this subject and put the .pdf on the site (in case the source is no longer available) https://www.econologie.com/stockage-et-p ... -3133.html
Last edited by Christophe the 30 / 06 / 09, 11: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 18/08/06, 13:34

Thank you Christophe for the link and the formatting ... And everything else!
Michel
0 x
^ ___ ^
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ^ ___ ^ » 11/06/07, 09:41

See also: https://www.econologie.com/electronique- ... -4093.html

You will find in particular the sources of information for each device if you want to know more.
0 x
On the road to joy ^ ___ ^ !!!
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 04/12/07, 22:58

Christophe wrote:Metabolic heat: 80 W at rest at more than 1 kW in intense activity

Intense activity ???? Honey, can you come for a minute?
It's for the good of the planet ...

Seriously, it's still interesting!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/08/08, 20:05

We see that the winter was not harsh, there was not much experimentation !!! : Cheesy:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 28/08/08, 21:01

Targol wrote:Interesting if a little too technical for my meager memories of physics.

Do you know if there is a device of this type adaptable to a digital camera?
Indeed, if this type of device makes many savings on developments, in terms of electrical consumption, compared to a film equivalent, it is the cat !!!
Result: in at least 50% of the cases, when you want to take a photo, the batteries are exhausted :frown:

I am astonished that nobody has yet marketed a dynamo device (type zipper) that is fixed to the standard thread under the device (to put it on a stand) and which provides enough to take 2 or 3 photos .

What you say is true for small devices, like I put it in my pocket ...
They have a major drawback, their screens (sometimes very large) do not only have advantages, they consume a lot!

With my Reflex canon 350D, I can take on the same battery + 250 Photos (family events) and nothing prevents having a reserve battery, right? I use this device for 2 years, I have not yet changed the battery, it enlightens you?

The above, I wish you good evening and I will see: Seen from the Sky…

Good night
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/08/08, 21:07

Lietseu wrote:With my Reflex canon 350D, I can take on the same battery + 250 Photos (family events) and nothing prevents having a reserve battery, right? I use this device for 2 years, I have not yet changed the battery, it enlightens you?

With the same camera as you, I made more than 500 photos at the world cup of mountain biking in Houffalize and the battery was not rubbish!
0 x