[Beginner] Scalable / modular self-consumption

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Nick
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

[Beginner] Scalable / modular self-consumption

by Nick » 12/10/17, 04:46

Hello everybody

I would like to be able to get started in electric self-consumption at my own pace due to a limited budget and especially to understand what I am doing :)
So I want to start with a small wind installation that I can improve later (larger turbine, solar panel (s), batteries, etc.).
I will follow my "self-consumption" (or rather my non-consumption) via a Smappee module that I already have.

The first step that I have in mind is an installation that is plugged directly into a power outlet, so there is no need to touch my electrical boxes:

As you can see, I have a main unit located in the house (powering the fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, oven, air conditioning, TV etc.), and a secondary in the garage (powering the pool motor, basin, exterior lights , fridge, etc.)

1) Am I good?
2) What about the distance between the wind turbine (end of the field or on the roof ~ 15m) and the inverter?

The second step would be to simply add a solar panel:

Thank you in advance for your feedback and advice.
Nicolas
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: [Beginner] Evolutionary / modular self-consumption installation

by Gaston » 12/10/17, 10:46

Hello,

The first diagram of principle is good, even if personally I would rather start with the solar panel than with the wind turbine which is much more difficult to integrate.
For distance, 15m is not a problem provided you use a section of cable suitable for amperage.

For the second diagram, I am not sure that we can connect the wind turbine and the solar panels on the same inverter, in any case not on the same input (perhaps there are specific inverters with two inputs?) .

In addition, you must be aware that any energy injection remains prohibited (in France) by Enedis (ex-ERDF) if the installation is not verified by the passage of a Consuel : Twisted:
1 x
Nick
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Nick » 12/10/17, 12:31

Thank you Gaston,

I left for the wind initially to try to cover my "watches" including at night having a little wind all the time. But the final decision will surely be made on the price versus return I think for the first step.

Regarding the inverter, I thought it type could take both, but not necessarily read again at the same time.
A solution that I could find would be to pass "a battery step" but that I would like to avoid, or a regulator (?) ...

you must be aware that any injection of energy remains prohibited

Even if it stays in my network being almost certain to always consume more than my production at the start?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 12/10/17, 14:43

Nick wrote:A solution that I could find would be to pass "a battery step" but that I would like to avoid, or a regulator (?) ...
It is better to avoid the battery, except when it is essential (in an isolated site for example) because its cost and its wear are quickly preponderant in the budget.

To choose, I would rather put two inverters, one for the wind turbine and one for the solar, but actually the site offers a diagram with a connection of the wind turbine in parallel with the solar panel via a controller (capable of sending the possible overpower of the wind turbine on a load).

Nick wrote:
you must be aware that any injection of energy remains prohibited if the installation is not checked

Even if it stays in my network being almost certain to always consume more than my production at the start?
As a first approximation, yes.

You must complete a self-consumption agreement and provide either a consuel or a certificate of compliance with DIN VDE 0126-1-1 / A1 version VFR 2014.
See here et leaves.
1 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."