Authorization for wind measurement mast?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Authorization for wind measurement mast?

by chatelot16 » 09/02/16, 17:37

Hello

do you need an authorization to mount a wind measurement mast?

at a height of much more than 12m, because at 12m it is useless: the goal of the mast is precisely to measure at different height to choose the right one: the mast must therefore be as high as possible

thank you to those who know the rules
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: wind measurement mast

by Gaston » 09/02/16, 17:59

Article 98 of the town planning and housing law no 2003-590 of July 2, 2003 clarified the legal regime applicable to wind turbines:

The following are neither subject to a building permit nor to a declaration of work:
  • wind turbines with a height of less than 12 meters (art. 98 of law no 2003-590 of July 2, 2003 and art. R. 421-1 of the town planning code);
  • measuring masts with a height less than or equal to 12 meters (art. R. 421-1 of the town planning code).
Are subject to simple declaration of work:
  • measuring masts over 12 meters high (art. R. 422-2 of the town planning code).
Are subject to building permit:
  • wind turbines with a height greater than or equal to 12 meters (art. L. 421-1-1 of the town planning code introduced by article 98 of the town planning and housing law).
For the determination of these thresholds, the height to be taken into account is that of the structure comprising the mast and the nacelle, excluding the size of the blades (art. L. 421-1-1 of the Code de l 'town planning).

Source: Circular of September 10, 2003 relating to the promotion of onshore wind energy
0 x
Christophe

Re: Authorization for wind measurement mast?

by Christophe » 09/02/16, 19:11

Thank you Gaston for the detailed answer!

Uh 12 m it's useless ??? Ah well ?? ... It depends on where !! 12m on a high point or in the sea it is good already to make small wind!

Today I passed in front of a song of wind turbines it blew at 50 km / h and 80km / h in gusts ... they had to be not far from their maximum power, the tip of the blades was probably more than 100 km / h can be 150 ... hard to estimate ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/02/16, 19:18

thank you for the precise answer

below 12m we do what we want and it does not interest me because my trees are higher and I will not cut my trees to let wind to a wind turbine!

for measuring mast: declaration of work! that's fine it's just a statement! not an authorization request ... so there is more to declare
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/16, 19:20

Do you want to get into industrial wind power?

A link with the current storm?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/02/16, 19:34

Christophe wrote:Thank you Gaston for the detailed answer!

Uh 12 m it's useless ??? Ah well ?? ... It depends on where !! 12m on a high point or in the sea it is good already to make small wind!

Today I passed in front of a song of wind turbines it blew at 50 km / h and 80km / h in gusts ... they had to be not far from their maximum power, the tip of the blades was probably more than 100 km / h can be 150 ... hard to estimate ...

it's the wind trap!

12m above a flat desert is ideal, but above a 20m hill we are in the turbulence caused by the hill and we have turbulent wind good for nothing, just good for breaking the material

my house is at a high point, but with large agricultural buildings and large trees ... appreciate the trees because they protect my buildings from the wind! and my trees produce wood which has an ecological profitability guaranteed!

I want to make a measurement mast to see how effective a wind turbine would be

a measuring mast of 20 or 30 m will be strong enough to support some small experimental wind turbine which will produce what I want, and let the neighbors see that it does not make any noise

and later the measurement mast will become final

unless it is too ineffective and I take it apart
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 09/02/16, 19:37

..and if you want to do without any declaration, here is the solution:
http://www.koreus.com/video/eolienne-ballon-helium.html

Besides, a simple large balloon inflated with helium which supports a wind turbine with vertical axis, it should not be so complicated as that to implement? ... and perhaps even more economical and easier than gigantic mast!
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/02/16, 20:02

yes the wind reminds me of wind turbines but without illusion! a wind turbine must be profitable with medium wind ... exceptional wind storms are not profitable because it is exceptional it just has to bear without breaking
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/02/16, 20:10

do you know the price of helium? and the porosity of the airship envelope which is a financial abyss?

I worked at Angoulême airport around an airship ... so I know it's hopeless for a profitable wind turbine

on the other hand a special paraglider could serve as a high-level wind turbine but it is another subject that I will present when it is a little advanced because there are paragliders on econology
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/16, 20:17

chatelot16 wrote:12m above a flat desert is ideal, but above a 20m hill we are in the turbulence caused by the hill and we have turbulent wind good for nothing, just good for breaking the material

Not too agree ... because as a paraglider pilot, I can tell you that a slope well exposed to the sun will create an ancestry that could be exploited, this is called the valley breeze (and in the evening it reverses: slope breeze).

In Chamonix on the Brevent side in summer (facing south), it is terrible! 20 km / h constant (in addition to the weather wind)

After that it is not a 50m high hill that will be enough (although in summer it will still help) to create sufficient AMHA potential!

After a vortex effect or rather wind accelerator (the natural relief !!) can greatly improve the thing! A pass exposed on located between 2 large rocks is a good example!

Plain paragliding decorations, that is to say necessarily "shaved" of all vegetation unlike the rest of the ridge are a bit of wind accelerator ...

It reminds me of the solar mountains we talked about here: solar-photovoltaic / towers aerogeneratrices-a-Vortex-effect-synthesis-t3801.html
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."