Study feasibility of wind turbine 2kW home?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Study feasibility of wind turbine 2kW home?

by Kenny-k » 11/12/15, 01:44

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your help, suggestions or corrections.
I am installing a wind turbine 2kW that I want to connect to my home network, I would like to know your opinion on the feasibility of my project and on the connection diagram that I planned.
Here are the elements of my installation:
2000W 96V wind turbine on matt 8m on the edge of the field
-3-phase lightning protection box
- Load regulator and braking resistor
-8 batteries 12V / 150Ah
-Sinverter Pure sinus 96V / 2000W
-Network injection protection case
-3600VA auto source inverter

1) Have I understood the principle of operation of a wind turbine connected to the network without resale to EDF?
Here is what I believe:
The whole of my home installation is connected to the inverter via the automatic source inverter in normal source. (EDF as a backup source)
When I consume more power than the inverter can provide or if the batteries are too low, the inverter switches to EDF.
My fear is to over-estimate the capacity of my inverter on its ability to switch when I consume more than the capacity provided by the UPS.

2) Is the following circuit correct?
Wind turbine to surge arrester Triph to braking resistor to regulator + batteries to inverter to box protection network to inverter source (normal source and EDF) to home network.

3) My inverter includes many terminals ...
A battery terminal + / - (for me it would be useless since my batteries are already connected to the charge controller, perhaps for use of the inverter with a group EG?)
A terminal "input" LNG (for me, input of the charge regulator and earthing)
An LNG output terminal block (for me, output to the protection box then the source inverter)
3 16A female sockets (feed something punctually near the inverter ??)
A plug Shucko input (power supply of the inverter but why? How to be autonomous in this case?)

4) the cable section used between the wind turbine and the installation is 2.5 mm over a length of 20m, it seemed good for the maximum amperage per phase, is this correct?

Here is the summary of the situation,
All this seems a little too simple so thank you for your clarification if I'm wrong.

Kevin.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/12/15, 16:44

Welcome Kenny.

I bring up the subject, because I fear that it has gone unnoticed.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/12/15, 17:10

Hello,
8 m it's little.
You are located or in relation to the wind map
Last edited by izentrop the 11 / 12 / 15, 17: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/12/15, 17:14

2.5mm² ... This is ric rac for 2000W under 96V ...
But good 8m high it is lucky that she can get out ... Unless it is a argeles ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/12/15, 17:57

The problem of winds regular and without swirls (Up a hill with nothing at all, all around, without a house) is essential !!

Otherwise dropping is good for the wallet !!

Large wind turbines always respect this rule !!
0 x
Thiazolinones neuro toxic to avoid them being everywhere, madness, killing at least ppm, bacteria and your neurons, which multiplies Alzheimer !!
The bees disappear pesticide, Roundup, and are killing us slowly. http://www.pollinis.org/petitions/petit ... noides.php
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 11/12/15, 18:23

Hello,

I am on a very windy plateau in the Eure valley without any obstacle (just fields as far as the eye can see, no dwelling or tree) so 8m seems good to start with.
Having used the ASD290 aluminum structure for the mast, I will be able to go up to 12m if necessary.
For the section of cable used, could someone explain to me how to calculate the maximum amperage per phase?
I thank you for your answers but my concern is really the switchover via the inverter sources.
Does anyone have a similar facility?
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 11/12/15, 18:28

The plateau is of course not in the valley .... but above.
But I'm not in Argelès either.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/12/15, 18:49

Kenny-k wrote:For the section of cable used, could someone explain to me how to calculate the maximum amperage per phase?

10A to mm²
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 11/12/15, 18:52

Thanks Macro but I wanted to say the other way.
How to calculate the maximum intensity per phase in case the wind turbine (2000W / 96V) is running at full speed?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/12/15, 22:22

2000W under 96V it is a little more than 12A (if it is good three-phase) it's not huge but still need to know the allowable voltage drop.
a view of nose 2.5mm² also seems a little fair.
0 x