Innovative tidal turbine concept

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Innovative tidal turbine concept

by raymon » 05/11/15, 18:36

I find this concept of tidal hydro wave interesting what do you think?
225m2 for 1MW of power?
A considerable energy reserve, therefore, that the young French company EEL ENERGY is today proposing to take advantage of via its new generation ripple turbine, inspired by the movement of fish.

http://lenergeek.com/2015/10/26/une-nou ... -poissons/
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 04/12/15, 14:13

Anything that moves in a stream of water or air can give energy:
http://www.futura-sciences.com/magazine ... eau-17448/
like an oscillating leaf (which can have a good return like for a fish or a dolphin), a flag in the wind, an object shaken by the waves, but the difficulty is to convert this movement into electricity with a good return:

see the thesis on the strong magnet converter with all the secrets and real problems:
www.theses.ulaval.ca/2011/27772/27772.pdf

The propellers of current wind turbines are elongated very fine to withstand storms while having good performance in winds or medium water currents.

Other solutions with large surfaces have problems with storms, and therefore may be fragile, as often broken in wave converters!

A much simpler piezoelectric converter, of the gas lighter type, has a good yield only in ultrasound and therefore hardly usable!

We could use the movement to mechanically pump water or pressurized air into a large tank and thus store its energy to use later, but the performance is also to be optimized?
0 x