Installation of a pump

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Matrue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Installation of a pump

by Matrue » 13/03/15, 14:12

Hello, I do not know where to post this topic, so it is redirected accordingly ...

I am new ex-member & think that some will know how to answer me. I am installing an electric pump powered by solar panels (not important) & I am trying to find out what is the optimal position of it in relation to the reserve (1000l tank), low or high with respect to losses of loads.

Thank you already to those who will look into my question!
See you soon
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/03/15, 15:57

Well, it does not matter!

However, you must:

a) check that the pump still has a good flow rate at the envisaged HMT (level difference between the high level and the low level): see the "characteristic factor" of each pump which gives the flow rate according to the HMT

b) a pump not to suck more than 7 meters (theoretically 9 m, but with the losses of load, in practice, it is better to beware from 7 m ...) ...

Other than that, it doesn't matter if the pump "sucks" or "delivers". The work (energy) is the same.
0 x
Matrue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Matrue » 13/03/15, 18:33

Thanks to you. In fact, I realize that I asked my question incorrectly. I explain !: I dug the site of the reserve whose bottom is, given the slope of the land, between 1.50 & 1 m from the surface.
From this reserve there is a trench, the bottom of which is 80 cm from the surface, on the average.
Between the 2, I dug the location of the pump with the idea of ​​putting it at the same level as the tank & to connect the 2 by a pipe leaving from the bottom outlet of the tank, as here:
http://negomixblog.files.wordpress.com/ ... =300&h=200].
But I did not continue, panicked by the look I was going to have to do & by the impossible access to the connection in case of a problem !! I then asked myself: why not do like this:
http://negomixblog.files.wordpress.com/ ... =200&h=300
knowing that the level of the location of the pump is currently identical to that of the trench.
In this option, the elbows are more numerous & a length of pipe would be almost flush with the ground, in the manhole of the tank, therefore, perhaps not frost.

Here, I hope that the addresses work because I did not know how to go about it, & that my explanations are clearer!

How would you do it?

I took pictures, I will try to place them if necessary. [/ Url]
0 x