Windmill Construction Detail

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Bricolo07
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Windmill Construction Detail

by Bricolo07 » 22/07/14, 11:36

Hello,
Like many, I embarked on the project of making a wind turbine, I still have a little progress but before going any further I run into a lot of questions, I can't find the answers on the internet, so I would like to group them here.
First of all, you should know that I made the blade mold on this model: http://memorix.123.fr/Schema.png
It is operational with a first blade having a threaded bar to be attached to the heart of the rotor.
Here are my questions in order of importance:
- How to orient (fixed) the angle of my blade facing the wind?
- Is the plan used (schema.png) efficient? logical level it seems to me that it would be more profitable if it were upside down, right?
- I have a car alternator and a permanent magnet drill motor, the 1st will not reach its nominal speed and how to calculate the power supplied by the 2nd? can we fill a battery with?

These are my main questions, I have a blade but I do not know how to orient it on the support and I do not know if it is made to catch the wind (too late the mold is done).
I am really motivated, I have time (holidays) and the raw material (fiber, resin, polyester, generator, battery ...) on the other hand, not too many additional components (regulator, copper, etc.).
I therefore ask for your help in carrying out this project with the aim of heating a very damp wall in winter.
Do not hesitate if you have questions
Thank you in advance
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/07/14, 12:46

Transform the mechanical energy of the wind into electrical energy, then this into caloric energy, partially passing through a battery (chemical energy) to heat a wall ...Image
The output of a small wind turbine remains very low and can only be used to power energy-efficient devices (typically: lighting), using it as a heat source seems unthinkable to me.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Bricolo07
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bricolo07 » 22/07/14, 14:22

Hello,
There is heating and heating, in fact I have two holes in a wall and I want to connect a ventillo extractor and a blower connect to a small USB heater, so everything in 12v.
I plan to run it 5h / day.
nothing excessive, I have not planned to fuel my boiler above lol
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/07/14, 20:18

Yes of course. Despite everything, you will have an initial capture of modest energy on which you apply a certain number of transformations each of which is done with low yields, which decreases all the more that which is recovered at the end of this regressive cascade.
So beware ...
Other members, more competent than me on this subject, will no doubt be able to give you excellent advice.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Bricolo07
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bricolo07 » 22/07/14, 20:51

Yes it does not matter and expected that I lose performance, but I think I will settle for a drill motor which provides much less power but more often than reaching 1500rpm of an alternator.
I take all the help that comes
Thank you
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/07/14, 16:26

a battery has a limited lifespan ... to heat just the price of the battery divided by the energy it will store in its life gives the same price as the EDF ... therefore more expensive than firewood !

for the choice of the dynamo useless to speak in a vacuum without knowing the power and the speed of the wind turbine

anyway you need a speed multiplier to adapt to the dynamo or the alternator ... except alternator with a large number of poles specially adapted for low speed

practically it is necessary to make a first assembly as a means of measurement, and according to the result of the measurements that will allow to calculate better
0 x
Bricolo07
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bricolo07 » 23/07/14, 23:40

Hello, thank you for your opinion, which I share.
By studying the wind, I chose a blade profile and I started its realization, on the other hand I will soon be blocked for the mechanical part (generator).
My next problem will be the orientation of my leading edge relative to the wind. Should the rope be parallel to the wind, or should it hit the lower surface? The concern is that my blade is twisted, so the angle of attack is different over the length.
How do you know the power of a cordless drill motor?
Thank you
0 x
Bricolo07
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bricolo07 » 01/01/15, 22:54

Hello,
I come back to you because I still need an answer for the next step of my wind turbine.
I improved the rotation speed to 150rpm by changing the bearings and shortening the axis, I remind you that the rotor has a diameter of 1m90.
The rudder does its job well and takes part in the regulation and protection, on the other hand it is the generator which poses problem. I was not idle because I tested a car fan motor with a bicycle chain multiplier, with a drill it works nickel but on the wind turbine I only had 10v so fell into the water. After I rewound an alternator by putting 28 turns instead of 13 but the gain in starting speed drop is not good enough and in addition we must monitor excitation without wind.
0 x
Bricolo07
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bricolo07 » 01/01/15, 22:55

So I come back to the most advice idea and that I had put aside, make myself an axial flow generator (http://www.heliciel.com/helice/eolienne ... lienne.htm). I have to adapt because I do not have a neodymium magnet and I use pierced ferrite rings with mild steel cover so I only have a north pole and no south to put in front but the power is sufficient I think, because after my tests, I have 1.8v with 3 coils in three-phase star (x4 because 12 coils + x2 because two coil disc).
I am looking for all possible help but mainly for the optimization and connection of the coils:
- 12 coils in front of 12 magnets, can we optimize the alignments? (make more smaller coils)
- how to connect the coils in series with each other? it is necessary that each coil of the same branch of the star is exposed similar to the magnetization?
- how to recognize the input of a coil output?

Thank you
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 03/01/15, 19:47

If it is to heat it is necessary to do without the transformation into electricity.
There are systems where by simple rubbing in a tank with oil as coolant which give good results
0 x