Advice for micro wind for electric car

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Advice for micro wind for electric car

by Macro » 07/01/13, 14:52

Hi everybody...

Since now the majority of my trips are done electrically and with a property fairly well exposed to the wind. I would go well in the production of wind power for private purposes to partially recharge my Tchernomobile with batteries ...

The idea:
Find a wind turbine between 400 and 1000w second-hand at low cost, mount it on the pinion of my cassba and make it load a pack of industrial batteries of cadmium inverter nickel 96V 100Ah ... Then an inverter (3kw) would empty the batteries towards the charger of my Tchernomobile say from 20pm to midnight then EDF would take over during off-peak hours to finish charging it ...

-The batterries, I have,
-the inverter I have a big computer inverter with its lead battery HS it is given for 3000VA with available output 230V 16A (I think it is peak for a limited time it is an MGE pulsar extreme 2000)

- the mast to climb to 12m I have (possibility even to climb to 18metre) ...

What I have less is (according to the wind map) it's wind ...

Yet one of my neighbors has a wind turbine much less exposed than could be mine in his home gable and it turns quickly almost 24/24 ... and in the valley of the intre where I live there were a lot of '' wind pumping wind turbine in the past (the ancients did not put them there to look pretty ...)

The aim of the game is to invest as little as possible at first, even if it means upgrading the installation afterwards (replacement of the inverter with pro stuff).

Of course I don't know much about the fan

What to choose: a 3 a 5 blades? A vertical ??? What power 300,600,1000,3000 ??? Matt question no worries to have ... I have a good tube diameter 200 and 150 mm that I can easily stow securely on my house wall which rises to 7 meters high ...
I have selected several ads on lbc

http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/416246735.htm?ca=7_s
http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/360588701.htm?ca=7_s
http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/414845135.htm?ca=7_s

Opinions???
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/01/13, 15:05

First answer ... The MGE pulsar 2000 is a 2000VA with only 11A available ... So it's dead to charge the tchenomobile which eats 14 ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/01/13, 17:49

you're going to have a deplorable performance with your architecture ...

Already, charge your Nicad 96V with the wind turbine, not sure that the operating point is on good performance.

Second, the charge / discharge of the intermediate Nicad pack will eat you 30%.

Third, to make your Nicad 96V match the Nicad 170V in your car, you need a booster chopper ...

You better ask for an injection meter with a wind turbine. You don't improvise like that a technician in continuous power electronics.

At worst even if you have an old disc meter, you can connect a Windy Boy inverter to it with a wind kit worthy of the name.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 07/01/13, 20:51

Remundo wrote:you will have a deplorable performance with your architecture ....

when the primary energy is free, the yield, we don't care.

for the rest .... it is discussed
0 x
Click my signature
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/01/13, 21:02

it is true that there is no meter on the wind ... so if you have a huge wind turbine that does not cost you much you can waste electricity

but with me the scrap to build the wind turbine is not free ... it produces what it wants and not necessarily enough to manage the CdNi battery charge ... my preference is rather the lead batteries much simpler: just detect the end of charge voltage ... you can charge them at low current without breaking your head

of course it would be more logical that edf buys and pays for energy at a normal price ... but in the meantime you have to go through batteries
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/01/13, 01:37

SLut,

macro already if you want to save starts by not planning any expenses ....;) :)

Redo the gable end of your house is going to cost you enough, and even more if it is on your mobile phone that it falls .... the breeze blocks and the stones of the walls have never been made to collect lateral forces. but everyone sees noon at their door this said, the group of constructors and or installers of wind turbines AFPEE made alerts because there is more and more problem with the wind turbines mounting or attaching on the gables ...

I think I know (:)) that you have the means to manufacture, so why not try the adventure ???

Otherwise go to the SEPEN site you will already have a lot of information on some models that could suit you and especially real tests.

In the wind farm there is food and drink, takes a shenzou, it is aptly named because when there is wind the blades make ZOUUUUU.

Take an eoltec of the same power it will come out of the current in fail safe ...

Takes a HAWT and not a VAWT (horizontal and not vertical), vertical is shit point bar does not displease some (except for those who like the danger;) non production and breakage) ....

And finally personally, I would rather be of the opinion of Hugue piggot when has the power of the wind turbine.

Better a small one which turns often than a large one which needs a lot of wind ....;)

And if, like chatelot, you recharge lead batteries (to recover) and then recharge the tuture ...

I make a little deviation from the subject: today I heard on the radio that there was talk of edf increasing its purchase price of renewable energies, to be continued ...

Then go straight up to 18 m if you can you will have an average wind much higher than 12 m. The power of the wind is a function of the cube of the speed.

To know if you have wind it is not the wind map that you have to look because in general this map has measurements made at 50 m or 100 m from the ground :) ...
It is beautiful and indeed an anemometer that you need, and you put it on your mat that you move to the places that you think favorable to the wind.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/416246735.htm?ca=7_s

I like it: "power evaluate" safety wind speed 40m / s mdrrrrr 40 * 3.6 = 144 km / h :) , note with a mast of 4 to 5 m it does not risk much ...

http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/360588701.htm?ca=7_s

hihihihihi i will pee on it there ...

"wind turbine 600W 3 blades capacity of protection against dropping out"

and he is a "pro" seller

http://electrosun.fr who also makes a discount on it;) ....

So a pro who talks to you about the blade instead of the blades, and who has not understood that the blades have a profile made to win in the event of overselling, is worth nothing and do not know what he is selling, it is therefore certainly a Turkish wind turbine asks Ruthen what he thinks of it;) ...

for the last

http://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/414845135.htm?ca=7_s

http://www.ronan-tourdumonde.com/eolien ... 0c0eb77031

A priori therefore it is a good machine .... for sailors, and again in view of the last line written in the dixit report

"But meeting with other buyers made me change my mind a bit. The production seems to be very uneven. One wind turbine will be fine and another will present a lot of problem. I doubt the materials withstand time well. "

So not good either.

To guide you in your choice, avoid the small windmill which must turn quickly if you do not have an average wind of at least 5 to 6 m / s at ground level :) , avoid what ...

In fact everything is in the measure of the wind potential, it's like for an engine, if you make an engine without knowing the characteristics of the fuel that will make it work you are very likely not to be satisfied with the result. ..
See worse :| see shenzouuuu

You can go and ask for advice on the yahoo small wind group, but it will start by telling you to measure the wind potential above all else. Otherwise you will have opinions from the editor, the manufacturer, the group was founded by Olivier Krug from Krugwind in the south, and the principle is quite similar to econology, apart from an effective moderation as soon as bird names or a blatant off topic appears. this said it makes a yawning that I was not but I always receive certain subject and news ...
Public chat http://www.thewindpower.net/forum/ too, but come back and tell us what comes out :) of course, personally it interests me and it can be useful to all.

And good health of course :) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/13, 01:49

dirk pitt wrote:when the primary energy is free, the yield, we don't care.

Yes, provided that this primary energy (or rather primary power) is abundant ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 08/01/13, 08:14

otherwise, photovoltaics would not even exist.
So think, 20% yield is lousy.
0 x

Click my signature
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/01/13, 09:09

My house gable is not concrete block but in pebbles from pebbles the wall measures 90cm thick at its base and 50 cm at the top it would of course be crossed by threaded rods with counter plates inside outside there would be at foot of the mast a sufficient inking mass I can stay the mast without worries).
I do not plan to climb 12 meters above the pinion but only 4 to 6 meters .. This portion of mast would be in diameter 150 in steel of 4.6mm thick without welding the first element of 8m would be in 200mm of the same invoice.

The batterries I have them (alas it is nicad with liquid electrolyte) I can configure them in 12,24,32,48,96V if they slowly charge a charger for batterrie lead provided for a wind turbine of 600W for example will not make them not burst it's on ...

Well first I have to find an anemometer .. I have a TV mast that I no longer need ... I will put it at the end ...

My current inverter being too light for my saxo it could probably be used for cricuits from my home dedicated which are not vital if they break down (and which could be easily switched back to the sector in the event of end of battery life

For the fan ... I relied on a small power wind turbine with a large "wing"

That if would charge the batteries via a charge regulator

and I would unload the batterries with an inverter (mine is powered with 48V DC and comes out of 230V50hz)
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/01/13, 12:16

Hello,

Macro

"My house gable is not in cinder block but in pebbles from pebbles, the wall measures 90cm thick at its base and 50 cm at the top"

If I am not mistaken your stone wall is not sealed with concrete and even if in any way a wall is not made to withstand a horizontal effort, threaded rods or not. Now if you consider that there is no risk .... but imagine that little by little you vibrated a wall by applying an effort for which it is not planned to resist, in your opinion how long before you see it forming cracks? Having already remade some old stone wall such as yours (here it is the same on average 90 cm of gable and 50 in wall), well I can tell you that if you have to do it again you have not left the 'auberge, to that you add the big roofing problem which may follow etc etc ...

The game is worth it ??? ??? as everyone said, see noon at his door ...

macro

"there would be at the foot of the mast a sufficient inking block I have the possibility of bracing the mast without worry)."

The character I say is nickel, you guy and fixed at the foot on a foundation Poured in concrete, that's all.

Macro

"I do not intend to climb 12 meters above the pinion but only 4 to 6 meters .. This portion of mast would be in diameter 150 in steel 4.6mm thick without welding the first element of 8m would be 200mm of the same invoice."

Uh what do you want to mount already ??? a micro or small wind turbine
:) , with a mast like this I even think you can forget the guys ... :)

http://forum-photovoltaique.fr/viewtopi ... 0&start=20

hold an example that even with a cat mat is possible, the mat is cut at the base.
The little trick is that it shows you a photo of the foot of the new
with its reinforcement. Here is what this generally gives a vertical wind turbine, it is the second that I see cutting its mast for lack of balance, imagine on a pinion ...

here for the explanation of why the higher the mast the higher you will win.

http://alizes.jimdo.com/monter-un-proje ... ur-du-mat/

here to give you an idea of ​​the products with their tests

http://alizes.jimdo.com/telechargement/ ... eoliennes/

to return to the mast it would be necessary to calculate all that ais I think that it can be without shrouds, but by safety you put a series to him above the junction 200/150.

macro

"
The batterries I have them (alas it is nicad with liquid electrolyte) I can configure them in 12,24,32,48,96V if they slowly charge a charger for batterrie lead provided for a wind turbine of 600W for example will not make them not burst it's on ...
"

personally I don't know :)

macro

"Well first I have to find an anemometer .. I have a TV mast that I no longer use ... I will put it at the end ..."

yes if not anything with a motor which makes current;), I think that at the present time with a good old pc a kind of program oscillo with logger of data you can as easily make you a data logger.

To calibrate the anemometer you take your car on a windless day and you measure the output voltage according to the speeds, it will already be quite precise for the use you will have.

otherwise you have things like that:

http://www.inspeed.com/wind_data_logging/Default.asp

or at Lidl not to advertise there is set or on the corner corner also you will tell me, sometimes instead of building it is true that the occasion can be very good ...

macro

"My current inverter being too light for my sax, it could probably be used for dedicated cricuits from my house which are not vital if they break down (and which could be easily switched back to the mains in the event of end of autonomy of the Battery "

Good idea I find, especially on the light circuit, if in addition you have LEDs at home as much to say that the light will be free if you have a little regular wind.

macro

"For the fan ... I used a small power wind turbine with a large" wing ""
It is not so simple .... The generator and the blades are one in fact, the more the wind will force the more the blades will turn quickly ok.

So the faster it turns, the more the EMF increases "holding" the rotor and preventing it from overspeeding, with blades too large for a small generator power, the mechanical "stall" occurs, the blades have more torque that the engine and suddenly it is the regulation which takes the step, if it regulates it comes to block or for example well you are good pure either block the wind turbine as quickly as possible or pray and put you in the shelters hoping that no blade comes to unhook ...

So basically there is a relationship between diameter and power that must be respected ...

take a look at the link on the test reports that will give you a good idea of ​​all of this, and above all also an idea between measurement reality and production fiction announced by the manufacturers ...

For the record, some very poorly made wind turbines consume energy .... : Shock: this is because there is a motor drive at low wind speed to operate the launch of the rotor, except that in the event of a light regular wind the motor pumps but the wind is not strong enough the rotor does not start, from the suddenly the engine restores energy and so on ....
0 x